[Today at 05:36:43 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mike Hunt  (Read 7136 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Mike Hunt
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 10:53:25 AM »
From two sources that were at the post game press conference, Crean said that James was sick and he got hit in the gut.  That's what I am talking about.

From Rosiak, who I assume was at the post game press conference:

He was also benched for a good portion of the first half by coach Tom Crean, and again to open the second half as Crean went with Maurice Acker at the point.

When asked about it afterward, Crean didn't mince words.

"I'm not focused on any of that," he said. "I'm focused on what it takes to win that game, and playing momentum. Sometimes it's just not people's nights, you know? And when you don't have depth there's not a lot you can do about it. When you do, you do something."

I'm not sure if it can be made any clearer.

Pretty sure it would be made clearer by Crean saying I benched him.  He hasn't shied away from making such statements before so why would he now?  Plus given what MUCrisco has, sounds to be like perhaps DJ had an off night and Mike just decided now was as good a time to rip DJ as any.

I think this article is a touch off base.....DJ has been much better this year and has just been struggling some since his wrist injury against Seton Hall....doesn't seem a valid reason to put a college kid down.

I think all of this is a confidence issue, and I'm sure articles like this don't help.  Perhaps if Mike Hunt chose to write an article about that instead of the easy answer it would be more valid.....but then again I haven't figured out how Mike Hunt even types, thats amazing ;)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »
there is an insurance agency in my summer home town by the name of Harry Johnson Insurance... i still chuckle everytime i drive past it.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 10:59:57 AM »
From two sources that were at the post game press conference, Crean said that James was sick and he got hit in the gut.  That's what I am talking about.

For what its worth, I saw the play where DJ was bent over and grabbing his arm.  I thought it was his wrist again.  Did anyone else see this in the first half?

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »
I was as hard as anyone on DJ last year but I think he has turned it around this year. He is injured and I don't really think it is fair to jump on the guy after the the USF game. It might have been nice to mention some of the assists in last game.
My displeasure also relates to the fact that he inferred that WI game was a fluke. I felt he could have included ND game as a highlight and mentioned a tough loss to Duke.
I think everyone around here was disappointed over the road trip and the team hasn't done anything to shed the memories. The team obviously needs to step it up and they deserve scrutiny.
 I just think it is unfair to single out James when our problems are related to low post and shooting.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »
For what its worth, I saw the play where DJ was bent over and grabbing his arm.  I thought it was his wrist again.  Did anyone else see this in the first half?

I saw the expression on DJ's face clearly and assumed it was the wrist.  He went to bench shortly after and I kept an eye on him, looking for ice or additional tape or whatever.  Saw nothing of the kind. 

The whole DJ-USF game thing is weird.  Media reports indicate:
1 he was sick
2 he got hurt early on
3 he was benched

All three could be true, and (3) could be because of (1) and (2).  TC did not state that, though.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 01:01:34 PM »
Chicos:  Great job with the Porkys quote!!!!

I love this thread who cares if it is juvenile it is damn funny!!

I still think Rusty Kuntz is the best name.

Although Pakistani Restrauter
Mitor Binisturdy is a good one too

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 01:46:06 PM »
As long as we're being third graders, count me in.

Allow me introduce gynecologist Harry C. Beaver.

http://www.hcbmdbom.medem.com/

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 02:40:14 PM »
Not necessarily juvenile (which I love) but a really obscure cultural reference.   In Oshtemo, Michigan, there is a doctor's office called Opus Medical services, with Dr. Stephen Dallas.      For all of you Bloom County officianados out there.     Mike Hunt stinks.    But his column isn't that far off base.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warrior of Law

• All American
Michael Hunt (cont.)
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »
Lest we forget that Michael Hunt is a Warrior (can't seem to find the link, but he has written a few times about the absurd name change-and why it should be changed back).

In addition, he's the best sports columnist that any of the Milwaukee papers has had in decades.  Way better than Bauman or Hoffman.  Long live MH.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

chapman

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 01:45:46 AM »

I saw the expression on DJ's face clearly and assumed it was the wrist.  He went to bench shortly after and I kept an eye on him, looking for ice or additional tape or whatever.  Saw nothing of the kind. 

The whole DJ-USF game thing is weird.  Media reports indicate:
1 he was sick
2 he got hurt early on
3 he was benched

All three could be true, and (3) could be because of (1) and (2).  TC did not state that, though.

TC did state in the postgame that James "was sick to his stomach until, I think, right before the game". 

As far as funny names, I still find the classic authors to be the most entertaining:

"Ten Miles to the Outhouse" by Kenny Makeit
"Spots on the Wall" by Hoo Flun Poo
"Trail in the Sand" by Dick Dragon