[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU coasters  (Read 13872 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: MU coasters
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2019, 11:56:00 AM »
You're new around here Alex so I'll tell an abbreviated version of my Davidson story.

Exactly 24 hours before game time I had received 'the cancer call' from my doctor.  And not any run of the mill cancer call; serious stuff that could mean my eventual end if things went bad. Anyway, I drove to Lexington only sharing that news with one particular buddy.  For 38 minutes of basketball, it was just another bad day in what was becoming a trend.  But then the final 2 minutes.  And the final play.  I KNEW that shot was going in.  And it did.  Absolutely surreal.

By the way, I got a full clean bill of health 5 years after my 2013 treatments.

I love, love, love this freakin' story, glow! So happy to get reminded of the wonderful healing power of Marquette hoops!! Seriously, I am thrilled for you that you are cancer-free. Good things do happen to good people sometimes!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2019, 12:16:01 PM »
You're new around here Alex so I'll tell an abbreviated version of my Davidson story.

Exactly 24 hours before game time I had received 'the cancer call' from my doctor.  And not any run of the mill cancer call; serious stuff that could mean my eventual end if things went bad. Anyway, I drove to Lexington only sharing that news with one particular buddy.  For 38 minutes of basketball, it was just another bad day in what was becoming a trend.  But then the final 2 minutes.  And the final play.  I KNEW that shot was going in.  And it did.  Absolutely surreal.

Great story.  Amazing how uplifting sports can be, especially at the college level.  What a shot in the arm at a time you needed one.  Great to hear you are cancer free.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »
Can someone "tag" Eldon?

We don't do plaques but we do offer Wall Art! It's made of leatherette. As well as mugs, posters and more.

Although, we currently don't have Marquette products in any of these, we are approaching finishing up some software that will allow us to put all the plays onto any of those products. So stay tuned!

Great!

Let everyone here know if you decide to make some MU mugs, wall art, etc.

No need, we're all incessantly reading every thread with no hoops games for another few days. He'll see...

(But you could send him a private message if you like)

Yup yup

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »

Great to hear Glow!!

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2019, 02:14:25 PM »

Amazing. Love this.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2019, 02:30:02 PM »
You guys have heard that story before, right?  Thanks for the well wishes.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2019, 07:46:25 PM »
First for me.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2019, 08:05:43 PM »

Yes and it's more inspirational with time.  Thanks for sharing.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2019, 08:47:21 PM »

I don't think I have, actually. If you have a link to the original post I'd love to read it.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2019, 10:43:52 PM »
My Davidson memory...

I drove to Lexington with my dad, also an alum, for the game.  Like all of the other MU fans watching, we were dejected at what looked like it would be an unfortunate and quick exit.  I was getting “upset alerts” on my phone from ESPN and CBS Sports. Then the final two minutes — there are just no words.  I remember I was almost scared to watch the final play.  You knew it was either utter heartbreak or total jubilation coming.  I was sitting on the aisle and when Vander’s shot went in, even the usher was high fiving and hugging me.  I watched the highlights on SportsCenter over and over all night long. 

The next day we went to a bar in town and watched Bucky take a beating from Ole Miss in their first tourney game.  MU fans were everywhere, and it just added to our joy.  Such an incredible time.  I’ll never forget it. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:47:05 AM by Miss Katie’s »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2019, 06:47:02 AM »
I was in Lexington as well. As has been stated, literally 1 hour and 55 minutes of absolute misery.  Team at no point looked good at all, one bad thing after another and almost 2 hours of complete WTF?!  Then 5 minutes of absolute surrealism. As crazy a swing and as crazy a last few minutes of game time as i have ever seen.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »
Lexington was crazy on so many levels from Mrs. Williams spending the night in the hospital to the middle aged female donor groping Jamil. NO it wasn't Chick! I was glad for the distraction.

alexplaybookproducts

• Walk-On
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »
Thank you everyone for all the great stories and memories! It was a treat to read them. Man, I just love sports. The emotions that come with them, the memories, and the togetherness. I mean... just look at this forum! You guys are great people, I'll definitely stop by again sometime in the future.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone. Cheers :)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
Lexington was crazy on so many levels from Mrs. Williams spending the night in the hospital to the middle aged female donor groping Jamil. NO it wasn't Chick! I was glad for the distraction.

Who are you calling middle aged? 😡
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2019, 02:54:14 PM »

Probably, but my memory ain't what it useta was.

Oh and ... what story?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2019, 03:58:38 PM »
Lexington was crazy on so many levels from ....to the middle aged female donor groping Jamil.

Did this make the front page of the Chicago Tribune?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2019, 04:55:05 PM »
Did this make the front page of the Chicago Tribune?

Limited to gossip during breakfast the next morning.
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2019, 05:04:28 PM »

This is an Excellent story.  Delighted for You and Your great Family that you have the clean bill of health.  Thanks for re-sharing . 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2019, 05:25:52 PM »
Glad you’re doing well, glow!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
My story:

I was 14 years old and sitting in the Omni when Butch hit that free throw. But I was still nervous after the shot because the game was so close until the last couple of minutes. After the game at the Atlanta Airport ("Fly Delta Jets"), I got Butch's autograph on my ticket stub.

I was also in the Metrodome (no longer fourteen; alas, alas) when Wade had his triple-double. I was probably still pretty nervous at the 9:03 mark, but as I recall we pulled away as the second half wore on, so maybe I was getting more confident.

I was sitting in my living room for both of Vander's shots (and even older than "no longer fourteen"), but I felt sky-high both times.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2019, 08:47:49 PM »

Very happy for you and your family
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2019, 03:46:42 PM »
Has anyone received their order? Mine are almost illegible.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2019, 01:46:12 PM »
Lloyd gave these to his non-Scoop self for Christmas.  Wrapped and everything. (Yes, my family is concerned).

Light, but legible.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2019, 05:50:17 PM »
Got them for Christmas as well.  Very nice.  I agree the plays are little light.

feedback