collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 210943 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2020, 05:44:03 PM »
F9 trailer.  Uh, looks so bad.  It literally hurts watching a series that I grew up loving not know that it's time to call it quits (3 or 4 movies ago).

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2020, 01:41:06 PM »
The Other Guys is on Netflix. What a beautiful day.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2020, 09:49:13 AM »
The Outsider has been good so far and is only going to get freakier.

This is one crazy-arse show.

Five episodes in, I'm not even sure I like it. But I don't hate it, and it certainly is hard to stop watching it because I want to know what the hell happens. It better not have an effen cliffhanger ending to the season!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2020, 10:19:33 AM »
The Pharmacist on Netflix.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2020, 10:46:28 AM »
New multi-series on Ted Bundy via Amazon Prime
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2020, 12:09:00 PM »

Five episodes in, I'm not even sure I like it. But I don't hate it, and it certainly is hard to stop watching it because I want to know what the hell happens. It better not have an effen cliffhanger ending to the season!

Stephen King stories always have trouble translating to the screen. Luckily, my wife has read most of them and is able to fill in details that are missing from the show making it a lot more understandable.

I would hope that if they stay even fairly close to the book, all will be resolved this season.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2020, 12:10:31 PM »
The Pharmacist on Netflix.

Watched the first 2 episodes last night. I'm always amazed that the owners of Perdue Pharma aren't in prison for mass murder.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2020, 12:17:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure 'The Outsider' is a one-season miniseries.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2020, 01:39:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure 'The Outsider' is a one-season miniseries.

Thanks for the info. Just looked it up and I see that now - a 10-part miniseries with the last episode airing March 8.

Glad to see that. I like to think there will be some kind of resolution.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2020, 05:32:02 PM »
I just saw ESPN's two-part 30 for 30 on Michael Vick.

The first hour or so was pretty boring because it was so chronological. This happened in 1995, that happened in 1996, this happened in 1997, etc.

But once he started experiencing adversity - especially the big one that was of his own making - it became very interesting.

Part 2, which is all about his fall from grace, prison term, and redemption ... frankly, it was inspiring and uplifting.

As much as I already respected Andy Reid, I respect him even more after watching this. Two others I haven't had much use for - Goodell and Lurie - also come out looking good. The big winner were the twin themes of Second Chances and The Power of Redemption.

Vick was genuinely remorseful, held himself accountable, and made good on every promise he made. Without knowing him at all, I still found myself rooting for him and being proud of him.

What he did was horrible, but not a single one of us is perfect, and I'm glad folks who wanted his life thrown away didn't "win." Vick was worth redeeming, and he can (and has) done far more good by being redeemed than being thrown away.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2020, 09:08:39 PM »
I just saw ESPN's two-part 30 for 30 on Michael Vick.

The first hour or so was pretty boring because it was so chronological. This happened in 1995, that happened in 1996, this happened in 1997, etc.

But once he started experiencing adversity - especially the big one that was of his own making - it became very interesting.

Part 2, which is all about his fall from grace, prison term, and redemption ... frankly, it was inspiring and uplifting.

As much as I already respected Andy Reid, I respect him even more after watching this. Two others I haven't had much use for - Goodell and Lurie - also come out looking good. The big winner were the twin themes of Second Chances and The Power of Redemption.

Vick was genuinely remorseful, held himself accountable, and made good on every promise he made. Without knowing him at all, I still found myself rooting for him and being proud of him.

What he did was horrible, but not a single one of us is perfect, and I'm glad folks who wanted his life thrown away didn't "win." Vick was worth redeeming, and he can (and has) done far more good by being redeemed than being thrown away.

Yeah but the pit bull lady on Facebook still wants him to get the death penalty.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2020, 09:28:26 PM »
Yeah but the pit bull lady on Facebook still wants him to get the death penalty.

So did Tucker Carlson. I am not kidding.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2020, 06:55:47 PM »
I've seen 8 of the 9 Oscar films (all except Little Women - ran out of time).

My favorite of the nominated movies was Jojo Rabbit. I don't think it has any chance to win, but you should see it if you haven't already.

Of the films I actually think can win the Oscar, I liked 1917 best. Outstanding story told really, really well. I went in thinking I'd like it, and it exceeded my expectations.

Also really liked Parasite and Joker.

Most overrated was The Irishman. I liked Marriage Story and Ford v Ferrari, but don't think either was worthy of a nomination. If they had to nominate so freakin' many flicks, I preferred Knives Out and Uncut Gems.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2020, 07:00:03 PM »
I thought it was a very very good year for films- especially adding in the two nominated documentaries that I saw - American Factory (wow- best film of the year IMO)  and Edge of Democracy  (made me want to keep my daughter from getting on the plane to Brazil this morning)   Also have heard great things about Honeyland and I’m looking forward to watching it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2020, 09:21:58 PM »
I thought it was a very very good year for films- especially adding in the two nominated documentaries that I saw - American Factory (wow- best film of the year IMO)  and Edge of Democracy  (made me want to keep my daughter from getting on the plane to Brazil this morning)   Also have heard great things about Honeyland and I’m looking forward to watching it.

American Factory won Oscar for doc. Definitely on my list.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #265 on: February 10, 2020, 02:30:40 PM »
Don't F*** With Cats on Netflix.  Really f***ed up story.  Crazy what the internet allows people to figure out.

Watched it last night, not that impressed; although that could be attributed to failed expectations... I thought this was going to be more along the lines of exposing & taking down abusers of animals and less a profile of one sociopathic killer.

However, I did learn that male models do indeed make the best assassins.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #266 on: February 10, 2020, 02:41:56 PM »
Also watched Jojo Rabbit over the weekend, which along with his writers' guild demands after the Oscars, has firmly cemented my belief in Taika Waititi as the second coming of whoever the Jesus Christ of comedy is.  Perhaps he's the first coming.  Whatever the case, Apple better fix those damn keyboards, because Taika's mind is terrible thing for his shoulders to waste.

I'll admit that I am shamefully late to jump on the bandwagon here... after all, I replayed Thor spinning around in his chain restraints in Ragnarok several times, and, I mean for fu@k's sake, the light was right in front of me multiple times and I didn't see it until now.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #267 on: February 12, 2020, 03:22:30 PM »
Give me liberty

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2020, 12:27:14 PM »
American Factory won Oscar for doc. Definitely on my list.

I watched it the other night.  The access the filmmakers had was nothing short of jaw-dropping; however, what was revealed by said access, unfortunately, was not all that surprising.  Nevertheless, it was very well done and certainly worthy of the acclaim.

I very much prefer the "fly-on-the-wall" approach... personally, I don't mind the occasional Greek Chorus, but let the camera do the talking.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2020, 04:31:43 PM »
did anyone mention "the pharmacist"?  fantastic documentary on how a pharmacists son'e murder exposed the pill mill, but it shouldn't have been that hard
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2020, 09:05:03 AM »
Guilty pleasure:  I recently finished S1+2 of "Sex Education."    It's pretty solid, although the latter half was a bit more soap opera-ie.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2020, 12:02:01 PM »
Based on my son's recommendation, my wife and I are watching Dark on Netflix.  We're well into season 2 (of a planned 3 - Season 3 is not available yet) and its very good.  Its German, but after watching a dubbed episode and one in German, we prefer German with subtitles.  Kind of a sci-fi mystery along the lines of Stranger Things, but with a larger cast and many story lines.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2020, 03:26:56 PM »
Guilty pleasure:  I recently finished S1+2 of "Sex Education."    It's pretty solid, although the latter half was a bit more soap opera-ie.

Just watched the first two episodes so far. I like both the female and male leads, and the mom cracks me up. Looking forward to watching more as time allows.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »
Also finished Amazon's "The Boys" s1.   That was really quality.  Not perfect, but pretty solid.

Premise:  Superheroes work for a for profit company and are ethically corrupt.  They have a good public reputation, but often abuse their powers.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2020, 04:40:58 PM »

My wife and I just watched the first episode of the second season. The first season was excellent. Gillian Anderson was great in her role.  I want to moved to Wales now too, the scenery is beautiful.

Aimee has a fantastic body but those teeth....
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback