Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ot village pub  (Read 2914 times)

sailwi

• All American
ot village pub
« on: November 30, 2006, 08:51:26 PM »
For any northsore residents, the village pub is supposedly running  a shuttle to MU games .  My experience with the village pub doesn't give me much confidence this is actually working or is reliable.  Anyone have any experience.   Since I live literally around the corner it might be  a good alternative tomorrow with the snow forecast but I want to be sure I will get to and from the game.

Long time reader first post on any of the MU boards, I have resisted posting so I don't waste more time at work.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: ot village pub
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 08:56:24 PM »
I'd like to know too, as I live about a mile from the Pub. -- I imagine it's running fine, as they've certainly paid some dough to be a promotional sponsor for MU Basketball.  Report back if you use their service!

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »
We just called and they assured us they have the shuttle and it is realible.  It leaves 30 minutes before game and goes back right after.  We are going to try it tomorrow, we can now in essence walk to the game and not worry about the beverage consumption.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 PM »
Long time reader first post on any of the MU boards, I have resisted posting so I don't waste more time at work.

Heh...so it begins...welcome.  I can ban your work IP from posting if you think that would help  ;D  (just kidding of course...)

Note: It's been a conscious decision to keep the colors on MUScoop very drab.  Rivals and scout are (were) terrible with the bright yellows!  It was always pretty obvious that it wasn't just some random news site open in the browser.  For even more stealth access, you can always use the mobile interface (through your PC's browser I mean) http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?wap2  ;D

mutpm

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 12:15:26 PM »
Village Pub has new ownership.  The place is completely different now than it was even 6 months ago. 

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 11:59:44 PM »
Back from the game, OOze was great, his improvement is amazing.  He doesn't force it, leets teh game come to him.  Dominic can turn it on and amaze.

Took the bus to and from everything was fine.  Dennis the new owner was a very gracious host.

For anyone who lives on the Northshore this is a nice alternative to driving and parking.  In essence the Pub pays you to take the bus, free drink with your MU ticket stub.  Only negative was all of the UWM students talking trash when we returned and the beer spilled on my coat, I believe the words 34-0 were spoken.