'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pomeroy  (Read 10714 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Pomeroy
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2019, 11:30:53 PM »
You literally said, “it’s too early” for kp. But glad you’re changing that now.

PS - you are going to call all these ratings “holistically solid”?? Good grief

Yes, too early to put as much stock in them now vs later.  Do you judge how a player is going to be after only a few games?  Will teams change their positions in KP and others more Nov to Jan, or Jan to Mar?

No, I don’t think they make ALL these ratings are solid.  The ones I use, without listing them all (which is why I said etc)...yes.  I tend to look at about 5 to 10 of them....there are more than 40 last time I looked, probably many more....I have no idea if ALL of them are holistically solid. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2019, 11:33:06 PM »
Earlier it was simply "too early for Pomeroy". Period. Now it's too early "to put a TON of stock into Pomeroy". The two are not the same. Fact.

With your intelligence and the ability to tie other comments I have made in context I was thinking it wouldn’t be that difficult. But alas....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2019, 12:54:08 AM »
Back down to 25 after big wins by Texas Tech and Penn State leapfrogged them over us.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback