'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nice video story on Ike Eke  (Read 2650 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
Re: Nice video story on Ike Eke
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 03:51:46 PM »
I was looking at MU's roster after DJ's good news and noticed that Ike's listed as a red shirt junior.  His situation has not changed, correct? He's still "retired".
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU-Warrior-2005

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 04:07:39 PM »
"Did anyone else not see they didn't dot their lower case "j's"? Thanks for being a wet blanket you miserable Karen.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 04:20:39 PM »
I was looking at MU's roster after DJ's good news and noticed that Ike's listed as a red shirt junior.  His situation has not changed, correct? He's still "retired".

Says so right in the tweet.

Hoping for only great things for Ike in his future.  Great ambassador for Marquette.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 05:40:18 PM »
"Did anyone else not see they didn't dot their lower case "j's"? Thanks for being a wet blanket you miserable Karen.

Huh? 

The tweet was from Dec 2019.  I replied to that thread bc people can get mad about starting new threads on topics so I searched Ike and that came up.

The roster is from June 2020.  It has clearly been updated and presumably from Red Shirt Soph to Red Shirt Junior.  It doesn't seem common to keep a retired player on the roster and update his eligibility grade.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 07:36:24 PM »
Just watched Jamals Snapchat story a bit AGi and Ike was playing Koby 1v1 and sure didn’t appear to have any limitations.

I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »
Huh? 

The tweet was from Dec 2019.  I replied to that thread bc people can get mad about starting new threads on topics so I searched Ike and that came up.

The roster is from June 2020.  It has clearly been updated and presumably from Red Shirt Soph to Red Shirt Junior.  It doesn't seem common to keep a retired player on the roster and update his eligibility grade.
Lens:
Sometimes players who are medically retired elect to stay involved with the team as a student assistant coach. They stay listed on the roster and frequently travel with the team etc. I think that is the role Ike is playing.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 08:19:09 PM »
His bio still says he’s done.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 08:21:01 PM »
His bio still says he’s done.
He is done. He is medically retired.

Still part of the team in a different role. Happens all the time.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback