[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette performance log  (Read 5141 times)

skianth16

• All American
Marquette performance log
« on: December 06, 2019, 08:55:00 AM »
The MU basketball Instagram account just posted a picture of Doc Rivers talking with the team, which is cool but not what caught my attention. Behind Doc, there's a board that has 5 categories that are tracked for each game. Each of the categories is marked with a red or a green tile for the games played so far. I can't quite tell what the categories are, though.

Does anyone know what's being tracked for each game here? Any speculation? I'm curious to see what they're focusing on. Especially because of the results you can see in the picture. Jacksonville was 5/5 green. Maryland was 5/5 red. And USC was 3 green, 2 red.

CountryRoads

• All American
Re: Marquette performance log
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 08:58:49 AM »
Interesting catch. I’m unable to read either. Here is the picture:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5u2_v2BrUz/?igshid=1ee357090brvd

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 09:08:38 AM »
looks like the only other 5/5 green game was Robert Morris so I am confused how that can be good things

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 09:19:57 AM »
Pretty sure I see 10% and 20% as two of the 5
Maigh Eo for Sam

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »
looks like the only other 5/5 green game was Robert Morris so I am confused how that can be good things

Jacksonville is a 5/5 green too. And the first 3 games are all 4/5, so those were viewed pretty positively too.

But that's what I find to be so interesting is how the coaches view the performance vs. how we the fans view the team's performance. Obviously they are looking for some pretty specific things with this board, and even some of the games that look ugly to fans can still be viewed as largely positive by coaches.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 12:24:19 PM »
Can someone please figure out what the board says? This is difficult, like watching scrambled pr0n on Spectrum
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 12:49:46 PM »
Jacksonville is a 5/5 green too. And the first 3 games are all 4/5, so those were viewed pretty positively too.

But that's what I find to be so interesting is how the coaches view the performance vs. how we the fans view the team's performance. Obviously they are looking for some pretty specific things with this board, and even some of the games that look ugly to fans can still be viewed as largely positive by coaches.

Yep and our two wins in Orlando only had 2 and 3 green slots. I zoomed in and i see some percentage signs so I'm guessing this is strictly statistical.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 12:55:49 PM »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 01:14:35 PM »

Unless the coach has the wrong categories of focus.  Robert Morris being 5/5 green is tough to justify, but we won.  So I guess.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »
Unless the coach has the wrong categories of focus.  Robert Morris being 5/5 green is tough to justify, but we won.  So I guess.

Of course you have no idea what it measures or how it is used.  But don't let that stop your criticism.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 01:27:06 PM »
Bottom 2 seem to be Out Rebound Opp and More FT Attempts. Spot checks out.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 01:27:09 PM »

Of course you have no idea what it measures or how it is used.  But don't let that stop your criticism.
I think I can deduce green means good red means bad.  We were 5/5 good against Robert Morris Kenpom ranking 295 from the NEC after beating them by 2 scores.  Just observing that it's tough to justify 5/5 good in a game with that result.

On a different note - I'm actually a huge fan performance trackers like this (if used with the right metrics).  It gives logical thinking kids a blueprint to a victory.  "If I can just help my team do 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, I know we're gonna come away with a win most of the time and achieve our goals!".  I like that.

There did I say something nice about Wojey?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 01:29:38 PM »
1) Scoop Meltdown-O-Meter
2) Cuddle Cliche Rating
3) Ners Reinstatement Heat Map
4) Percent of Cheeks' Personnas Posting in Same Thread
5) Proximity Radius of nearest Arby's

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 01:29:57 PM »
I think I can deduce green means good red means bad.  We were 5/5 good against Robert Morris Kenpom ranking 295 from the NEC after beating them by 2 scores.  Just observing that it's tough to justify 5/5 good in a game with that result.

It may be plenty justified if you knew what it is measuring.  But you don't.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2019, 01:37:34 PM »

Lol exactly.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2019, 01:41:33 PM »
the first category is 7 vodkas

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 01:41:57 PM »

It may be plenty justified if you knew what it is measuring.  But you don't.
What is your deal, guy?  I'm saying 5/5 good is tough to justify given the result against Robert Morris.  I'm not the only one to suggest that in this thread either.  I'm sure by whatever objective metrics they have they filled out the chart the right way if that's what you think I mean.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 01:45:15 PM »
I think the PPT graphic actually needs more discussion.  Who is Jayce speaking with, is Koby embarrassed to be flaunted shirtless in countless presentations, who is the dude on the lower left?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2019, 02:04:14 PM »
More importantly, when will people ever learn that yellow text on white background and white text on yellow background is very difficult to read?  Just don't do it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »
The analysis of a blurry board out of focus due to not being the, well, focus of the pic is both why I love and fear MUScoop.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2019, 04:15:18 PM »
The analysis of a blurry board out of focus due to not being the, well, focus of the pic is both why I love and fear MUScoop.

This guy gets it.

Personally, I think the little candid things like this are cool little Easter eggs in the team's social media. With all the time we spend thinking and talking about what's going well and what's been frustrating, having an idea about what the coaches are looking for is pretty cool. Understanding why a seemingly ugly game like Bobby Morris can be viewed as a great example of execution by the coaches gives a new insight into who the coaches want this team to be.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2019, 04:25:31 PM »
What is your deal, guy?  I'm saying 5/5 good is tough to justify given the result against Robert Morris.  I'm not the only one to suggest that in this thread either.  I'm sure by whatever objective metrics they have they filled out the chart the right way if that's what you think I mean.

Maybe green doesn't mean "good" necessarily, but rather "better than" the opponent. If we have 10 assists and they have 8, that's a green - it doesn't mean 10 assists is a ton, just means we won the assists battle.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

silverback

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2019, 06:25:39 PM »
...Log.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2019, 07:01:53 PM »

Maybe green doesn't mean "good" necessarily, but rather "better than" the opponent. If we have 10 assists and they have 8, that's a green - it doesn't mean 10 assists is a ton, just means we won the assists battle.

Exactly. We don’t even know what it says but we’re wondering how the coaches could possibly conclude what they did based on...well, we don’t know what it’s based on? But we want to complain so dang does Wojo suck, he thought we killed it against Robert Morris.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2019, 07:13:19 PM »
1) Scoop Meltdown-O-Meter
2) Cuddle Cliche Rating
3) Ners Reinstatement Heat Map
4) Percent of Cheeks' Personnas Posting in Same Thread
5) Proximity Radius of nearest Arby's

This site would receive a perfect 25/25 in these categories!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson