[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dolphin chum  (Read 5684 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Dolphin chum
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2019, 08:12:16 AM »
The small stuff becomes big when you do it repeatedly. And the continued sloppiness is what has led directly to that impact.

The point is that I’m not going to lose sleep about what minuscule affect that game had in NET. I’m going to worry about how we looked and how it impacts on court results moving forward.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2019, 08:25:29 AM »
I simply don't think we can conclude much of anything based on what happened in the Jacksonville game.

Everything we do offensively revolves around the nation's leading scorer, who didn't play.

Sacar stepped up, but he also has done that when Markus has played. Koby struggled, but he also has done that when Markus has played. Cain impacted the game with his energy and athletic ability, but he also has done that when Markus has played. Etc, etc, etc.

The one thing I wish we could have seen more of was Symir's game, but fouls torpedoed his opportunity to play 25+ minutes. What we did see was a guy who has a pretty nice offensive feel. I saw enough to continue believing he has a bright future. That's the main thing I'm taking from this game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2019, 08:29:16 AM »
I simply don't think we can conclude much of anything based on what happened in the Jacksonville game.

Everything we do offensively revolves around the nation's leading scorer, who didn't play.

Sacar stepped up, but he also has done that when Markus has played. Koby struggled, but he also has done that when Markus has played. Cain impacted the game with his energy and athletic ability, but he also has done that when Markus has played. Etc, etc, etc.

The one thing I wish we could have seen more of was Symir's game, but fouls torpedoed his opportunity to play 25+ minutes. What we did see was a guy who has a pretty nice offensive feel. I saw enough to continue believing he has a bright future. That's the main thing I'm taking from this game.
I said after watching him play about 3 minutes in his first game (which is like 4 years in Scoop time) that he was by far the truest PG on the roster.  Just needs to learn his defensive rotations and to defend without fouling and he'll earn a lot of minutes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2019, 08:32:50 AM »
I said after watching him play about 3 minutes in his first game (which is like 4 years in Scoop time) that he was by far the truest PG on the roster.  Just needs to learn his defensive rotations and to defend without fouling and he'll earn a lot of minutes.
agree. Offensively, Symir seems to.be there. Nice rotation on his.shot, great ball movement. 4 assists, 0 turnovers in 14 minutes. Defensively, he looked like a freshman, 8 games in to his career.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2019, 08:34:40 AM »
Bigs 8-13, 25 points.  Obviously more shots to go around without Markus, but that's the kind of line I'd like to see more consistently.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2019, 08:36:23 AM »
Symir is a nice passer. He's behind defensively but he had at least two or three perfect kicks for wide open threes that were missed. I think the more opportunities he gets to shoot he will be a nice scorer too.

I noticed that too about Symir’s passing. His passes are much crisper and more on target than most. I was surprised at how distinct the difference was for a basic skill. It seems to be instinctual with him. 

I thought we looked pretty good overall in the first half, but the inability to guard even a team like Jacksonville without fouling and the repeated careless turnovers are somewhat alarming. These appear to be ingrained habits that are not easily rectified. At some point, when the margin for error is smaller I suspect the lineups will be tightened and minutes will become scarce for those who continue to struggle in these areas. The problem is these particular issues are widespread. I have no problem with trying to have guys work through it when it isn’t going to cost us wins.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:09:46 AM by StillWarriors »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2019, 08:36:54 AM »
Bigs 8-13, 25 points.  Obviously more shots to go around without Markus, but that's the kind of line I'd like to see more consistently.
Someone said it would be a good time to feed the bigs to try to get them going, and they were right.  Hard to tell given the level of competition, but they looked somewhat better.  Ten FTs for Theo, and they also totaled 15 rebounds.  Hope that can continue against better competition.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »

These are the exact same thoughts I had.   He has some things to learn/improve on defensively as a true freshman, but offensively things looked real good to me last night.  I'm excited for where he's headed. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2019, 08:51:10 AM »
Someone said it would be a good time to feed the bigs to try to get them going, and they were right.  Hard to tell given the level of competition, but they looked somewhat better.  Ten FTs for Theo, and they also totaled 15 rebounds.  Hope that can continue against better competition.

That was me, I was happy the bigs got some work in on offense. David Bell is not great by any stretch but he is a very good low major center, averaging a double double and over 2 blocks a game. Held him to 6 and 6 and 2/6 shooting.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback