[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Remember when the Wojo defenders asked if we'd rather have the DePaul program?  (Read 31066 times)

BallBoy

• All American
Anyone know where I can find a 5DollarPitcher to celebrate DePaul’s Marquette’s win and better season today.

tower912

• All American
Who cares.   Let him stew
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
Just another pretend MU "fan" rooting for the team to lose. Most of us choose to do the crazy thing: celebrate each victory.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Just another pretend MU "fan" rooting for the team to lose. Most of us choose to do the crazy thing: celebrate each victory.
Rooting for the team to lose? We snuck by ‘woeful’ DePaul on our home floor as huge favorites. Congrats on your eternally holier than thou fandom. Be sure to take a picture at the “Beat DePaul by single digits 2020” banner hanging ceremony. Had the script been flipped and DePaul made a 3 when they had the final possession you would be nowhere to be found. Good win MU - our coach still sucks until proven otherwise.

wadesworld

• All American
Rooting for the team to lose? We snuck by ‘woeful’ DePaul on our home floor as huge favorites. Congrats on your eternally holier than thou fandom. Be sure to take a picture at the “Beat DePaul by single digits 2020” banner hanging ceremony. Had the script been flipped and DePaul made a 3 when they had the final possession you would be nowhere to be found. Good win MU - our coach still sucks until proven otherwise.

It’s been proven otherwise.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
This year must be painful for you so far.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Johnny B

• All American
This year must be painful for you so far.

It Is for me. I will not accept the mediocrity!!!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Hmmmm, how do you define mediocrity? MU is currently just outside the top 25, which puts them around the 92nd percentile.  Of course we all want MU to be a perennial top 20 team, but if only 7-8% of D1 teams are ranked higher is that really mediocrity?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

PGsHeroes32

• All American

We won by 4, spread was 7.

Hardly "huge" favorites.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MarquetteDano

• All American

"Our coach". Ha. Dishonesty at its highest.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Hmmmm, how do you define mediocrity? MU is currently just outside the top 25, which puts them around the 92nd percentile.  Of course we all want MU to be a perennial top 20 team, but if only 7-8% of D1 teams are ranked higher is that really mediocrity?

Point taken, but I wouldn't say the entirety of college basketball is our competition. It's ~80-90 teams (P6 conferences + about 10ish mid-majors).

MU82

• All American

Be sure to take a picture at your "DePaul's Program Has Surpassed Marquette's banner."

And you might want to actually try watching college basketball for a few days to see how many very good, highly ranked teams fail to sneak past underdogs these days. The same day we got a victory you don't think matters, Nova lost at home to Creighton, Hall lost at home to X and Butler lost at home to Providence. I bet Nova, Hall and Butler fans would have been happy to have snuck past their opponents.

Any win is a good win, especially in the Big East. Open your effen eyes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lurch91

• All American

In a week you're going to be the only one bringing up the margin of victory of the DePaul win..... which you think is some indication of how much better the DePual program is, which is the team we beat.....

Only on Scoop.... do you remember the score of the UWGB victory over MU? Have you counted the times  any other coach "barely" beat teams we were favored over?  Or is this all just because of Wojo? Like other posters, admit you have no rational reason to dislike/hate him, but you do and more on.  You'll probably feel better about yourself when you do.  Fabricating insignificant arguements has to be so tiring.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:56:59 AM by lurch91 »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
The Projos are out in full force after a decidedly “i told you so” 16-6 start and a solid home in “others receiving votes”. Bet it feels great to be totally validated.

Oh wait - we still haven’t won a tournament game, won the Big East, won a Big East tourney, or ended a season ranked (besides possibly (??) last year which was wholly undeserved after our meltdown)..

Is this it?? Is this the “I told you so” endgame for the Projos? If so.... we really have accepted mediocrity. Unfortunate. Pile it on if you must, though.

I’ll see you all at the FF Sunday.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
It’s been proven otherwise.
Ummmmmm......... by what exactly?

BM1090

• All American
The Projos are out in full force after a decidedly “i told you so” 16-6 start and a solid home in “others receiving votes”. Bet it feels great to be totally validated.

Oh wait - we still haven’t won a tournament game, won the Big East, won a Big East tourney, or ended a season ranked (besides possibly (??) last year which was wholly undeserved after our meltdown)..

Is this it?? Is this the “I told you so” endgame for the Projos? If so.... we really have accepted mediocrity. Unfortunate. Pile it on if you must, though.

Stay home if you're one of the morons booing.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American

Hope not.

I want to enjoy the game.

tower912

• All American

Marquette=tournament team
DePaul= Non-tournament team.
Marquette>>>>>DePaul.

And considering the angst on this board last April...

1SE

• All American
Listen - as a Sosojo I'm fine with where we are at this point in the season. A bit frustrated because we were so close to being in a really good position, but there you are.

That said, I'm completely with $5 in that we haven't accomplished anything yet. I was pretty happy with where we were as of February 23rd last year.... and despite all the "we won 20+, made the NCAA and finished 2nd in BE" projo talk, the results last year was a disaster given where we were on February 23rd.

Still lots of work to do this year and the final evaluation is made in March. We're still on track to something trending positive, but it hasn't happened yet. Let's start by getting the W Saturday.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

wadesworld

• All American
Fine, you guys are right. We should be wishing we were DePaul.

Talk about a goalpost shift...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jables1604

• Team Captain
Listen - as a Sosojo I'm fine with where we are at this point in the season. A bit frustrated because we were so close to being in a really good position, but there you are.

That said, I'm completely with $5 in that we haven't accomplished anything yet. I was pretty happy with where we were as of February 23rd last year.... and despite all the "we won 20+, made the NCAA and finished 2nd in BE" projo talk, the results last year was a disaster given where we were on February 23rd.

Still lots of work to do this year and the final evaluation is made in March. We're still on track to something trending positive, but it hasn't happened yet. Let's start by getting the W Saturday.
I’m not sure anyone is saying if the season ended today it would be considered a success.

Here’s the problem. When you go out on a limb in early December and make a bold statement like you’d rather be DePaul’s program this year one of two things is going to happen. You’re either going to look like a genius or an idiot.

If you end up looking like a genius you have every right to stick out your chest and tell everyone “I told you so.” If you end up looking like an idiot you’re supposed to own it and admit you were wrong.

You don’t get to change the criteria and claim that we haven’t done anything this year. Relative to your original opinion of DePaul being better than Marquette this year we absolutely have.

Instead, by doubling down and moving the goal post you look like someone who can’t admit that you were wrong. Have some intellectual honesty and take the loss. Live to fight another day.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain

u

This is "I told you so" because you made a post saying you'd rather have the DePaul program.

Stop trying to move the Target, loser.

lurch91

• All American

Neither has DePaul....

BallBoy

• All American

Couple things:
1. Since joining Conf USA in 1995, MU has won the Conference Tournament one time. Neither Buzz nor Crean accomplished this feat.
2. MU won their regular season conference championship three times since 1994.
3.  We haven’t played in a tournament game since last year
4.  In his last 4 seasons, Buzz won a total of zero BET games. His only tournament victories. In his first 2 seasons Buzz won 4 and they were they non-bye games. Wojo has won 3 BET games.
5.  In 9 years, Crean won one tournament game outside of the final four run.

I don’t say this to diminish Buzz or Creans accomplishments but point out your standard for measuring success hasn’t been accomplished much as MU. 

burger

• All American
Listen ladies.....you are arguing unarguable BS.....What if this....What if that....

We figured the equation how "we can beat" DePaul in the second half......

Mix in some zone and stop Moore with Bailey......

We will outscore them at Wintrust.....

Not the greatest matchup.....But it is what it is.....

PS.....I think we can all agree we are not North Carolina this year........FIRE ROY!

feedback