[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Remember when the Wojo defenders asked if we'd rather have the DePaul program?  (Read 31096 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Yet ners is back on his (at least) third name after his first two were permabanned and didn't even bother wasting any time pretending he could do anything other than bring up the same old (laughable) arguments.

What Scoop needs is more super fans like you Without Bias!  Please continue to regal all of us with your intuitions like this (laughable) gem:

And Dawson looks much more interested in his phone than in anything else. Yikes. Didn’t announce his visit like he did the others on Twitter just retweeted something from his high school.

Not feeling good right now.

The biggest thing Dawson seems to like about Indiana is all the attention their fan base has given him.  He shares all the stories IU fans post on Instagram about him being at IU (and does the same for the other schools like Memphis and Minnesota, it just happens less from those fans), shares Tweets from other fan bases, etc.  Let's show this kid some love.  To me this is the biggest swing recruit in the Wojo era.  If we land him I think this program can take off.  If we don't I think we stay at the level we've been seeing the last few years.  If we land Garcia I think we'll have a real shot at Brown for 2021 and Mane for 2020.  And if we land those two look out.

Not saying be a creep and try to hunt him out based on where he's Tweeting from, but I'm guessing he'll share some Instagram pictures in a Marquette uniform (he's done so with the other 3 finalists).  Put those in your stories and let him know he's wanted here.  He seems to genuinely enjoy that kind of love and hopefully Marquette fans can make an impression on him this weekend.

Yea for you buddy!  All scoopers should show you some love for waging the social media campaign that secured Dawson's commitment.  Laughable.  Your other posts are mostly just snark indicative of a guy with esteem issues.  But carry on "warrior."

wadesworld

• All American

What Scoop needs is more super fans like you Without Bias!  Please continue to regal all of us with your intuitions like this (laughable) gem:

Yea for you buddy!  All scoopers should show you some love for waging the social media campaign that secured Dawson's commitment.  Laughable.  Your other posts are mostly just snark indicative of a guy with esteem issues.  But carry on "warrior."

Oh the irony.

Any dunks on notable athletes lately, Ners?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

skianth16

• All American
Did the Cubs ever play the Brewers before 15 years ago?

I'm pretty sure they've both been in the NL Central since the mid to late 90s

Edit: since I do have access to the good ol internet... The Brewers have been in the NL Central ever since the switch from the AL to the NL in '98. And the Cubs have been in the NL Central since '94.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:25:14 AM by skianth16 »

Elonsmusk

• All American
Oh the irony.

Any dunks on notable athletes lately, Ners?

No, thanks for asking.  I can't do it anymore buddy.  45 now so I've taken up volleyball.  I've found elevating for spikes over that 7' net to be as effortless as it was to elevate over the 10' hoop until the 40s. 

How's your bump and set game?  I've yet to master those skills.  Any tips?

wadesworld

• All American
No, thanks for asking.  I can't do it anymore buddy.  45 now so I've taken up volleyball.  I've found elevating for spikes over that 7' net to be as effortless as it was to elevate over the 10' hoop until the 40s. 

How's your bump and set game?  I've yet to master those skills.  Any tips?

7' nets?  Sheesh, can I get in on this league?  I'd feel really good about myself playing on nets that are shorter than some of the people who play the sport are!

My biggest piece of advice, and it applies to all sports and I feel like you're a guy who probably doesn't see it this way and is all about the flash and extra, unnecessary movements to look cool, is simple > complex.  Always.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
7' nets?  Sheesh, can I get in on this league?  I'd feel really good about myself playing on nets that are shorter than some of the people who play the sport are!

My biggest piece of advice, and it applies to all sports and I feel like you're a guy who probably doesn't see it this way and is all about the flash and extra, unnecessary movements to look cool, is simple > complex.  Always.

Solid advice.  I've found setting the ball isn't too difficult, but passing/bumping - seemingly so simple, challenges me.  #truth

My bad on the net height.  It just feels about like 7', but just looked up height and realize it is basically 8'.   8-)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Solid advice.  I've found setting the ball isn't too difficult, but passing/bumping - seemingly so simple, challenges me.  #truth

My bad on the net height.  It just feels about like 7', but just looked up height and realize it is basically 8'.   8-)

Or you are playing on the women's layout which is less than 7'5".
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

panda

• All American
Or you are playing on the women's layout which is less than 7'5".

You’ve failed already. It was a good five minutes though congratulations.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
You’ve failed already. It was a good five minutes though congratulations.

You want to go back and read that thread request?  Thanks
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Johnny B

• All American
Wish we could have traded programs with UWM . They made the tourney a few years ago. Good thread

panda

• All American
You want to go back and read that thread request?  Thanks

Unless Wojo coaches the DePaul volleyball team also, I believe you’re violating what you supposedly teach. Chicos, Chicos Chicos. You’ve disappointed me little boy…

MU82

• All American
Remember when Marquette scored 103 points to blow out 14th-ranked Buffalo behind 45 points from Markus Howard last December?

Well, DePaul -- you know, the great program that some alleged Marquette "fans" would rather have -- just lost at home to a much-lesser-regarded Buffalo team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
Remember when Marquette scored 103 points to blow out 14th-ranked Buffalo behind 45 points from Markus Howard last December?

Well, DePaul -- you know, the great program that some alleged Marquette "fans" would rather have -- just lost at home to a much-lesser-regarded Buffalo team.

Sub-100 kenpom loss at home is no Bueno.

tower912

• All American

Shhhh.  Don't ruin the narrative.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Not A Serious Person

• All American

For all those that got their panties in a wad because Depaul had more "receiving votes" than MU last week ... this week MU has more "receiving votes" than Depaul (11 to 1!)

Hey Five Guys ... does this mean our long-term outlook now makes us a better program, and Wojo a better coach, again?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
This reminds me of a lower rent version of when Loyola made their Cinderella run a few years ago and people were jealous of the program, saying things like they'd rather have Porter Moser than Wojo, wondering if they belong in the Big East, etc.

Turns out it was just a fart in the wind. At least they actually made the final four though, DePaul just has a early December kenpom rating in the 60's and beat some mediocre non-con teams. Pathetic!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
This reminds me of a lower rent version of when Loyola made their Cinderella run a few years ago and people were jealous of the program, saying things like they'd rather have Porter Moser than Wojo, wondering if they belong in the Big East, etc.

Turns out it was just a fart in the wind. At least they actually made the final four though, DePaul just has a early December kenpom rating in the 60's and beat some mediocre non-con teams. Pathetic!

Loyola had one of the easiest runs to a Final Four in history. 

DePaul looks much improved this year.  Two Big Ten wins on the road, Texas Tech at home...not bad.  They certainly haven’t played murderer’s row, but not bad.

Pakuni

• All American
Loyola had one of the easiest runs to a Final Four in history. 

They only make the easy Final Four runs?

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
Well..... I might rather have the DePaul program right now.
More vivid memories is detractors saying MUs poor defense showed wojo couldn't coach, but now that defense is elite 30th in Ken pom that attack has to be abandoned.

Guess when your argument is that you'd rather have the 61st best team in kenpom rather than our current 23rd ranked team you are grasping.

However, I am happy for DePaul and the whole big east - the stronger the conference is the stronger MU can be long term.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
This thread would have been left to 5DollarPitcher and Elonsmusk alone
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
More vivid memories is detractors saying MUs poor defense showed wojo couldn't coach, but now that defense is elite 30th in Ken pom that attack has to be abandoned.

Guess when your argument is that you'd rather have the 61st best team in kenpom rather than our current 23rd ranked team you are grasping.

However, I am happy for DePaul and the whole big east - the stronger the conference is the stronger MU can be long term.

Wojo's defense was the third worst among majors. It was the worst in Marquette's statistical history. He and his staff spent an off-season and summer rebuilding and teaching the defense.

Wojo didn't disagree with detractors like myself by rebuilding his defense from the inside out with schemes and personnel. MU's two point defense was 19th in the country last year versus 304th the year before.

MU is winning games with defense now.  And yes, I gave him many kudos last year for improving as I did for critiquing. To compare the defensive knocks to this DePaul delusion is recreating history, especially when Wojo agreed.

MU82

• All American
Wojo's defense was the third worst among majors. It was the worst in Marquette's statistical history. He and his staff spent an off-season and summer rebuilding and teaching the defense.

Wojo didn't disagree with detractors like myself by rebuilding his defense from the inside out with schemes and personnel. MU's two point defense was 19th in the country last year versus 304th the year before.

MU is winning games with defense now.  And yes, I gave him many kudos last year for improving as I did for critiquing. To compare the defensive knocks to this DePaul delusion is recreating history, especially when Wojo agreed.

Very reasonable, Doc.

EFR's Loyola comparison is a better one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
The defense was bad because of two sun 6 foot guards, one of whom didn't want to play defense.  And a small, poorly balanced roster.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
The defense was bad because of two sun 6 foot guards, one of whom didn't want to play defense.  And a small, poorly balanced roster.

And Wojo spent the summer teaching a new scheme.  His words.

BallBoy

• All American
And Wojo spent the summer teaching a new scheme.  His words.

I think one thing Wojo has shown to do well is change his approach based on the team he has in front of him.  In that year, he had an highly productive offense and knew his defense wasn't going to win games so his focus was score, score and score.  Later he built a more rounded team so his defense improved because he focused on it and he had a team to support it. 

This year he has a strong defensive team because of the is more athletic and longer than previous years.  If his offense comes along, we could be in good shape.