[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Remember when the Wojo defenders asked if we'd rather have the DePaul program?  (Read 31095 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
I'm almost tempted to say that Wojo orchestrated Hausergate to buy himself more time.
Next thing you know he’ll be sporting a tank top and jogging with Lovell.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Yes, dude, trust me.

I'm almost tempted to say that Wojo orchestrated Hausergate to buy himself more time.

I can't tell what's serious and what's parody anymore. I guess that's a sign of good satire

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
A Marquette/DePaul rivalry would be a lot of fun. The only reason it doesn’t exist is that DePaul has been terrible. Here’s hoping the trajectory continues and we get some really fun games.
Trading for their program at this point in time is nonsense. How in the world does that thought go from brain to mouth.

JakeBarnes

• All American
Isn't Depaul banned for the postseason anyways?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

#UnleashSean

• All American
Next thing you know he’ll be sporting a tank top and jogging with Lovell.

#dumbanddangerous

skianth16

• All American
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:54:57 AM by skianth16 »

onepost

• All American
Yes, dude, trust me.

Holy crap

skianth16

• All American
A Marquette/DePaul rivalry would be a lot of fun. The only reason it doesn’t exist is that DePaul has been terrible. Here’s hoping the trajectory continues and we get some really fun games.
Trading for their program at this point in time is nonsense. How in the world does that thought go from brain to mouth.

I'd love to see this matchup grow to the rivalry that the Cubs and Brewers rivalry has become. 10-15 years ago the Cubs vs Brewers games weren't all that contentious because neither team really had much going for them. But now, with both teams regularly making/contending for the playoffs, these series are way more fun. If DePaul can get their act together so the games become meaningful and their fans actually outnumber MU fans when we play in Chicago, this could be a fun matchup.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Booooo. Defending an opinion in a single thread is a problem now? You're better than this.

No. Clearly I'm not.

Several things bug me about this thread, and 5$'s insistence on twisting and turning in his replies
1) It was posted immediately after a win
2) The title "Remember when the Wojo defenders asked if we'd rather have the DePaul program?" ... I don't think anyone asked that. And I don't think any reasonable person would trade the programs now
3) 5$ registered a couple years ago to complain about wojo. I don't remember him ever discussing hoops, or posting anything other than complaints. I'm probably wrong, but still a majority of his posts are just complaints.
4) Marquette >>>>> DePaul this year, and historically.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
No. Clearly I'm not.

Several things bug me about this thread, and 5$'s insistence on twisting and turning in his replies
1) It was posted immediately after a win
2) The title "Remember when the Wojo defenders asked if we'd rather have the DePaul program?" ... I don't think anyone asked that. And I don't think any reasonable person would trade the programs now
3) 5$ registered a couple years ago to complain about wojo. I don't remember him ever discussing hoops, or posting anything other than complaints. I'm probably wrong, but still a majority of his posts are just complaints.
4) Marquette >>>>> DePaul this year, and historically.
I dropped out of the thread, but you didn't have to go and pile on for no reason.  I've been called idiot, stupid, dullard, and troll in this thread without a single name hurled the other way besides "Wojoptimist" (and if you consider that an insult then you're on the wrong side of this thread).  Yet I'm the one being threatened with the banhammer.

1.  Why does this even matter?  We played Jacksonville?  Most posters on both sides were paying more attention to DePaul by the near end of that game anyway - by their own admission.
2.  "If MU was stupid enough to fire Wojo this offseason, the next few years of MU basketball would be somewhere between Pitt and Depaul." - just one of many allusions to this topic that pop up if you search "DePaul Wojo" in this forum.
3.  This is a fan message board.  I cheer as loud as anyone when I'm at the game which is the only place Wojo, Howard, and anyone else involved in the program can hear me.  Why can't I shout my opinion here?  If differences of opinion didn't exist, this would simply be an echo chamber.  I've talked about strategy and hoops too - go ahead and check my post history if you'd like.
4.  Sure.

Galway Eagle

• All American
I dropped out of the thread, but you didn't have to go and pile on for no reason.  I've been called idiot, stupid, dullard, and troll in this thread without a single name hurled the other way besides "Wojoptimist" (and if you consider that an insult then you're on the wrong side of this thread).  Yet I'm the one being threatened with the banhammer.

1.  Why does this even matter?  We played Jacksonville?  Most posters on both sides were paying more attention to DePaul by the near end of that game anyway - by their own admission.
2.  "If MU was stupid enough to fire Wojo this offseason, the next few years of MU basketball would be somewhere between Pitt and Depaul." - just one of many allusions to this topic that pop up if you search "DePaul Wojo" in this forum.
3.  This is a fan message board.  I cheer as loud as anyone when I'm at the game which is the only place Wojo, Howard, and anyone else involved in the program can hear me.  Why can't I shout my opinion here?  If differences of opinion didn't exist, this would simply be an echo chamber.  I've talked about strategy and hoops too - go ahead and check my post history if you'd like.
4.  Sure.

Decided to check his your topic history but 10/15 topics you've started have been shots at Wojo. Another at Wojos old coach/mentor/boss which I think people could read between the lines.

Idk enough about your post history except the negative game thread comments but from topics alone I'd say Rocky's right.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Which program had their coach suspended three games this seasob for "failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance" and "failing to prevent violations from occurring in his program"?

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Decided to check his your topic history but 10/15 topics you've started have been shots at Wojo. Another at Wojos old coach/mentor/boss which I think people could read between the lines.

Idk enough about your post history except the negative game thread comments but from topics alone I'd say Rocky's right.
10/15 would mean 5/15 did not fall into that bucket.

Rocky specifically said:  "I don't remember him ever discussing hoops, or posting anything other than complaints".

So if that's the data as presented by you, Galway - he's not right.

MUDPT

• All American
For what it’s worth, in WAB, DePaul is 5th and MU is 26th.

Its DJOver

• All American
Since we were invited to look through the post history, I took a quick peek.  A few highlights.

Is Sam high?

We built a mid-major

We are Depaul

Weird that you said that not "the Wojo defenders".

Miller huddle: “They’re doing a lot of rub screens so you need to fight thru that. Get to the 3 point line close out hard and cut through the lane on offense. Make sure we’re crisp in our sets and get rid of the ball when there’s a double team!!”

Wojo huddle: “WE’RE IN THE BONUS!!! We’Re iN tHe BoNuS! GO DOWNHILL CUZ THE BONUSSS!!”

Wojo is honestly an embarrassment to this program. Leave.

Fire Wojo. And before you ask - no I don’t post in the off-season.

You know your offense is good when you're living on Theo John back to the basket and Sam Hauser Dirk-fades

And in case anyone was wondering if his "intelligence" is just limited to MU, we have

Cooley has got to be a Top 3 coach in the BEAST

That 5-4 record with losses to Northwestern, Penn, Long Beach State, and Charleston, with 5 Seniors is looking real solid right now.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Since we were invited to look through the post history, I took a quick peek.  A few highlights.

Weird that you said that not "the Wojo defenders".

And in case anyone was wondering if his "intelligence" is just limited to MU, we have

That 5-4 record with losses to Northwestern, Penn, Long Beach State, and Charleston, with 5 Seniors is looking real solid right now.
I'm not ashamed of these posts.  Maybe the Sam joke, but if you further looked at my posts you'd know he was one of my favorite players (not his brother).

At the time I posted the Cooley comment he was doing more with less.  Regardless of what's happening there during this young season, he has more to his resume than our coach does.

Its DJOver

• All American
He's also been a head coach nearly three times as long and has his team trending in the opposite direction.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
He's also been a head coach nearly three times as long and has his team trending in the opposite direction.
Now we're back to trajectory... Because it's convenient.

Its DJOver

• All American
Now we're back to trajectory... Because it's convenient.

Fine, look at first 5 years as a HC.  1 CIT, 1 NIT vs 2 NCAA, 1 NIT.  Look at best finish in the Conference, 10-8 T3, vs 12-6 2nd.  If Cooley had the exact same results at MU that he has had at PC, you, and many others here would be calling for his head.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
At the time I posted the Cooley comment he was doing more with less.  Regardless of what's happening there during this young season, he has more to his resume than our coach does.

I mean...at the time you posted his team was 17 spots behind ours in kenpom and lost to the same Villanova team we lost to in the BET. The only reason they went to the NCAAs was because of the RPI. Had the NET been going then, we would've got in ahead of them.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Fine, look at first 5 years as a HC.  1 CIT, 1 NIT vs 2 NCAA, 1 NIT.  Look at best finish in the Conference, 10-8 T3, vs 12-6 2nd.  If Cooley had the exact same results at MU that he has had at PC, you, and many others here would be calling for his head.
He has multiple NCAA wins, took Villanova to the wire in the Championship of the BET the year they won the whole thing, won a BE conference tournament, and had 5 consecutive years with 10+ conference wins and a year with 11 conference wins (compared to our one 10-8 and one 12-6).

Let's include all the facts.

I admit - his trajectory is currently pointing down.  But as you say, he's been a head coach for a little while longer.

Its DJOver

• All American
He has multiple NCAA wins, took Villanova to the wire in the Championship of the BET the year they won the whole thing, won a BE conference tournament, and had 5 consecutive years with 10+ conference wins and a year with 11 conference wins (compared to our one 10-8 and one 12-6).

I admit - his trajectory is currently pointing down.  But as you say, he's been a head coach for a little while longer.

This is not a fact.  He has one.  He is 1-5.  He has also been a head coach for 13 full seasons, I would hope he has more wins than someone who has been a head coach for 5.  Let's include all the facts.

Galway Eagle

• All American

He has 1 ncaa win. People complain about Wojo at 0 for 2 but you're ok with 1 for 5? He's also finished no higher than 3rd in the BE unlike a certain coach I can think of
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
We get it.  You'd rather be Providence and DePaul than you'd be Marquette under Wojo.  It makes absolutely 0 sense, but that isn't surprising.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
I'd love to see this matchup grow to the rivalry that the Cubs and Brewers rivalry has become. 10-15 years ago the Cubs vs Brewers games weren't all that contentious because neither team really had much going for them.
Did the Cubs ever play the Brewers before 15 years ago?