[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Did you guys ever think?  (Read 40629 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Did you guys ever think?
« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2019, 05:57:55 PM »
Yo
Goal is National Championship

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »

Everyone knows your lying. No matter what you are saying now.

Pathetic.

Nope, search is there.  Back it up.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2019, 07:30:25 PM »
Nope, and his squirminess extends beyond what you describe above.

“In the case dating back to October, one of the accused athletes said the athletes and coaching staff met and discussed the incident before any law enforcement officer was able to interview the suspects, according to Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm.”

Beyond squirmy.  https://painttouches.com/2014/03/23/greska-pulling-the-curtain-on-buzz-williams/

I could go on and on....but Mighty Mouse and the bat signal defenders will be on this like the stench was on him.

very interesting reads, but if scott monarch and buzz were so close, how come they ain't back together?  especially now that buzz is back in texas?  there seems to have been sufficient air between the incident(s) by now.  or, are they afraid just the mere fact of rejoining will allow "journalists" to resurrect the whole schmit show
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »
very interesting reads, but if scott monarch and buzz were so close, how come they ain't back together?  especially now that buzz is back in texas?  there seems to have been sufficient air between the incident(s) by now.  or, are they afraid just the mere fact of rejoining will allow "journalists" to resurrect the whole schmit show

Have you seen Monarch’s bio which he certainly had to buy off on....he is the head coach at Grayson.

“At Marquette University (2008-12), Monarch coached and recruited a number of all-star athletes including Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder and six other NBA players and led the team to 4 NCAA Tournament appearances (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) and back to back Sweet 16 Appearances (2011, 2012).

Maybe the word “helped lead” was causing to much heartburn. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2019, 07:46:06 PM »
Have you seen Monarch’s bio which he certainly had to buy off on....he is the head coach at Grayson.

“At Marquette University (2008-12), Monarch coached and recruited a number of all-star athletes including Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder and six other NBA players and led the team to 4 NCAA Tournament appearances (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) and back to back Sweet 16 Appearances (2011, 2012).

Maybe the word “helped lead” was causing to much heartburn.

right, but he's got to get what he can from the "left-overs"  just wondering why buzz hasn't asked him to rejoin him now that he is right up the road and that, according to greska, did everything but the nasty together
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »
right, but he's got to get what he can from the "left-overs"  just wondering why buzz hasn't asked him to rejoin him now that he is right up the road and that, according to greska, did everything but the nasty together

I don’t think you will see those two on the sidelines together any time soon, if ever again.  They remain friends, but don’t see it happening for a number of reasons.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 08:01:48 PM by Cheeks »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2019, 08:09:53 PM »
You know how this works, Doc.
Schools self-impose and hope the NCAA accepts that penalty in lieu of further and more serious punishment. It would be disingenuous to pretend Buzz wasn't in trouble with the NCAA because the NCAA accepted the self-imposed penalties.
Miami football was banned from two postseasons earlier this decade as part of self-imposed penalty, so I guess technically, they weren't in trouble with the NCAA. There literally are at least a dozen or more examples like this that a simple Google search will find you.

You mean like at Alabama with Saban?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/07/alabama-reported-16-minor-ncaa-violations-last-year.html%3foutputType=amp

Fact is, MU Admin at the time wanted to nuance Buzz out. Instead they got nuanced.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2019, 08:54:20 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/07/alabama-reported-16-minor-ncaa-violations-last-year.html%3foutputType=amp

Fact is, MU Admin at the time wanted to nuance Buzz out. Instead they got nuanced.

Buzz wanted out for a long time...MU is more than happy with the current situation even if some of the alumni are not.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2019, 09:10:24 AM »

Maybe he just doesn't want it - he'd have to move.  Maybe Buzz doesn't think he is what he wants right now.  But I think Buzz helped him right his career after he left getting gigs at his former JUCO and with Tony Benford at North Texas.  My guess is they are still friends, but are simply no longer co-workers.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2019, 09:11:36 AM »

Both sides were unhappy with one another, for reasons both legitimate and petty.  Both sides handled it poorly.  Both got what they wanted.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
Both sides were unhappy with one another, for reasons both legitimate and petty.  Both sides handled it poorly.  Both got what they wanted.

This is correct.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2019, 02:09:16 PM »
Except the numbers don't lie.  Please do your homework before you want to come with your standard snarky response - and have a little more pride in Marquette.  Embarrassing.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6526

MU = 32 appearances, 41 wins, 3 Final Fours, 1 Natty

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6702

Missouri = 26 appearances, 22 wins, 0 Final Fours

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/7829

Wake = 23 appearances, 28 wins, 1 Final Four

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/7599

Tennessee = 20 appearances, 19 wins, 0 Final Fours

Kenpom has tempo-free history rankings, looks like they go back to 1997. Obviously they can be parsed like anything, but:

MU #33
Tennessee #37
Missouri #45
Wake #57

I don't think the program divergence is as wide as we'd all like to think. All are good high major programs with resources & solid/strong recent histories.