[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Did you guys ever think?  (Read 40617 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Did you guys ever think?
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2019, 09:31:58 PM »

Buzz ....

...has never been in trouble with the NCAA in 12+ years as a head coach at 4 different schools but has been slandered on Scoop by a hater who claimed that "other shoes" were soon to drop regarding his tenure at MU. To date (6 years later), the poster who spread this crap hasn't retracted it or apologized.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2019, 09:41:20 PM »
Anyone who believes Marquette is "light years " ahead of Tennessee and Mizzou, or even Wake, is delusional.

Except the numbers don't lie.  Please do your homework before you want to come with your standard snarky response - and have a little more pride in Marquette.  Embarrassing.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6526

MU = 32 appearances, 41 wins, 3 Final Fours, 1 Natty

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6702

Missouri = 26 appearances, 22 wins, 0 Final Fours

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/7829

Wake = 23 appearances, 28 wins, 1 Final Four

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/7599

Tennessee = 20 appearances, 19 wins, 0 Final Fours

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2019, 10:31:26 PM »
Except the numbers don't lie.  Please do your homework before you want to come with your standard snarky response - and have a little more pride in Marquette.  Embarrassing.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6526

MU = 32 appearances, 41 wins, 3 Final Fours, 1 Natty

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/6702

Missouri = 26 appearances, 22 wins, 0 Final Fours

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/7829

Wake = 23 appearances, 28 wins, 1 Final Four

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/7599

Tennessee = 20 appearances, 19 wins, 0 Final Fours

Right, cause ancient history is what matters.
By this dumb metric of yours, San Francisco is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Texas Tech and  Indiana is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Virginia.
Maybe we should consider things that actually matter in 2019, and not how tournament successes from four decades ago.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2019, 12:14:09 AM »
...has never been in trouble with the NCAA in 12+ years as a head coach at 4 different schools but has been slandered on Scoop by a hater who claimed that "other shoes" were soon to drop regarding his tenure at MU. To date (6 years later), the poster who spread this crap hasn't retracted it or apologized.

Please don’t hit that guy with the truth. It confuses him.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2019, 11:32:41 AM »
Right, cause ancient history is what matters.
By this dumb metric of yours, San Francisco is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Texas Tech and  Indiana is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Virginia.
Maybe we should consider things that actually matter in 2019, and not how tournament successes from four decades ago.

Yet another weak post Pak.  Really.  Just stop embarrassing yourself.  Here's a fun exercise for you - go ahead and run the numbers since the year 2000 - Is the last 20 years recent enough for you? 

MU will come out comfortably ahead of Mizzou, Wake and Tennessee in all metrics (appearances, wins, Final Fours), despite us having been handcuffed with the mediocre Wojo running the program and contributing nothing in the way of NCAA wins the last 5 years.

Really sad to see a supposed MU fan/alum have such a small view of our program.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2019, 12:26:46 PM »
Yet another weak post Pak.  Really.  Just stop embarrassing yourself.  Here's a fun exercise for you - go ahead and run the numbers since the year 2000 - Is the last 20 years recent enough for you? 

Oh, Ners. Your insults do a poor job of masking your bad arguments.

But fine, let's do a comparison with the Vols over the past 20 years.
Finals Fours: Marquette 1, Tennessee 0
Eight Eights: Marquette 2, Tennessee 1
Sweet 16s: Marquette 3, Tennessee 6
Round of 32s: Marquette 6, Tennessee 8
Tourney appearances: Marquette 12, Tennessee 11
Tourney record: Marquette 13-12, Tennessee: 16-10

Where's this LIGHT YEARS gap?

Now let's be smart enough to recognize that more goes into the status of a program than just tournament record.
Tennessee is the state flagship university. Marquette is not. Advantage Tennessee.
Tennessee has a P5 football program that rakes in $75+ million in annual profits for the athletic department. Marquette does not. Advantage Tennessee.
Tennessee belongs to a conference with a $2+ billion TV contract with ESPN and its own network. Annual TV revenue just from national contracts brings Tennessee about $17 million a year. Marquette belongs to a conference that has $500 million TV contract on FS1 and no conference network. Marquette gets about $4.1 million a year. Advantage Tennessee.

Anyone who objectively looks at these facts and saying Marquette is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Tennessee either is very confused by what LIGHT YEARS means or likes to say dumb things on the internet. Or maybe both.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 12:49:36 PM by Pakuni »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »

Well, technically, Buzz was suspended 1 game for an NCAA rules violation and his assistant was fired for the same.
Cheeks' "squirmy" routine has been nonsense, though.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »
Well, technically, Buzz was suspended 1 game for an NCAA rules violation and his assistant was fired for the same.

Well, technically, Monarch was fired for lying to MU and the outside law firm and Buzz was suspended by MU because he was his supervisor. The NCAA penalty was a loss of one recruiting day.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2019, 01:11:02 PM »

Not only hasn't hoopaloop apologized, he hasn't presented the "other shoe" evidence he promised.

I'm also waiting for lyin' hoopaloop to accept my bet on the College Football thread.

But others are  right about Buzz's punishment.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »
Well, technically, Monarch was fired for lying to MU and the outside law firm and Buzz was suspended by MU because he was his supervisor. The NCAA penalty was a loss of one recruiting day.

You know how this works, Doc.
Schools self-impose and hope the NCAA accepts that penalty in lieu of further and more serious punishment. It would be disingenuous to pretend Buzz wasn't in trouble with the NCAA because the NCAA accepted the self-imposed penalties.
Miami football was banned from two postseasons earlier this decade as part of self-imposed penalty, so I guess technically, they weren't in trouble with the NCAA. There literally are at least a dozen or more examples like this that a simple Google search will find you.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 01:33:04 PM by Pakuni »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2019, 02:53:01 PM »

Nope, and his squirminess extends beyond what you describe above.

“In the case dating back to October, one of the accused athletes said the athletes and coaching staff met and discussed the incident before any law enforcement officer was able to interview the suspects, according to Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm.”

Beyond squirmy.  https://painttouches.com/2014/03/23/greska-pulling-the-curtain-on-buzz-williams/

I could go on and on....but Mighty Mouse and the bat signal defenders will be on this like the stench was on him.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:54:58 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2019, 03:10:17 PM »
Nope, and his squirminess extends beyond what you describe above.

“In the case dating back to October, one of the accused athletes said the athletes and coaching staff met and discussed the incident before any law enforcement officer was able to interview the suspects, according to Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm.”

Beyond squirmy.  https://painttouches.com/2014/03/23/greska-pulling-the-curtain-on-buzz-williams/

I could go on and on....but Mighty Mouse and the bat signal defenders will be on this like the stench was on him.

Your claims of squirminess came well before rape allegations, so you don't get to use that.
You've been promising us for the better part of a decade that you knew some deep dark secrets that would soon be revealed. We're still waiting.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2019, 03:33:25 PM »
Not only hasn't hoopaloop apologized, he hasn't presented the "other shoe" evidence he promised.

I'm also waiting for lyin' hoopaloop to accept my bet on the College Football thread.

But others are  right about Buzz's punishment.

No apologies needed or forthcoming...I didn’t promise a damn thing.  You journalists sure have trouble sticking to the facts.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2019, 03:34:41 PM »
Your claims of squirminess came well before rape allegations, so you don't get to use that.
You've been promising us for the better part of a decade that you knew some deep dark secrets that would soon be revealed. We're still waiting.

Correct...read what I said....”extends beyond”. 

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2019, 04:02:53 PM »

Thanks, I forgot how this article ended.

"There is a growing sentiment among the Marquette faithful that they were done wrong by a snake oil salesman. Stop with that.

Was the manner in which he left tasteful? No. Was parading himself on CBS one day later prudent? Doubtful.

But Buzz brought some of the best memories to a fanbase starved for success and exceeded all expectations placed upon him six years ago. "

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2019, 04:09:18 PM »

Now let's be smart enough to recognize that more goes into the status of a program than just tournament record.
Tennessee is the state flagship university. Marquette is not. Advantage Tennessee.
Tennessee has a P5 football program that rakes in $75+ million in annual profits for the athletic department. Marquette does not. Advantage Tennessee.
Tennessee belongs to a conference with a $2+ billion TV contract with ESPN and its own network. Annual TV revenue just from national contracts brings Tennessee about $17 million a year. Marquette belongs to a conference that has $500 million TV contract on FS1 and no conference network. Marquette gets about $4.1 million a year. Advantage Tennessee.

Anyone who objectively looks at these facts and saying Marquette is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Tennessee either is very confused by what LIGHT YEARS means or likes to say dumb things on the internet. Or maybe both.

Nice try Pak, but stop embarrassing yourself. 

1)  You conveniently have failed to list the achievements of Wake Forest and Mizzou the past 20 years.

2)  Further, you had to qualify, and shrink the actual histories of the programs to try to prop up your lame original post. Tennessee has never even been to a Final Four.  We've been to 3.  If the 70s don't matter why do we have Al all over our program, showcase our National Championship trophy, Final Four appearance banners, etc?

3)  Tennessee is a football school through and through.  Marquette in NO way has been handicapped by what its been willing to spend on its basketball program.

If you are such a fan of Tennessee, please do us all a favor and quit posting here and head on over to their board.  Or, alternatively, stop having such a small-minded, chicken little view of what the MU program has been, and should be. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »
Thanks, I forgot how this article ended.

"There is a growing sentiment among the Marquette faithful that they were done wrong by a snake oil salesman. Stop with that.

Was the manner in which he left tasteful? No. Was parading himself on CBS one day later prudent? Doubtful.

But Buzz brought some of the best memories to a fanbase starved for success and exceeded all expectations placed upon him six years ago. "

Yup, for the JUST WIN fans who care nothing about scruples, ethics, following the university rules, etc...he’s your guy some beauties here by some fans that the athletic department should separate itself from the university and do whatever it wants.  There really are people that have that attitude...it is amazing to see. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2019, 04:57:25 PM »
Yup, for the JUST WIN fans who care nothing about scruples, ethics, following the university rules, etc...he’s your guy some beauties here by some fans that the athletic department should separate itself from the university and do whatever it wants.  There really are people that have that attitude...it is amazing to see.

Agreed.  It’s heartwarming
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2019, 05:02:08 PM »
Nice try Pak, but stop embarrassing yourself. 

You're funny.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2019, 05:03:56 PM »
No apologies needed or forthcoming...I didn’t promise a damn thing.  You journalists sure have trouble sticking to the facts.

Liar. Not the first time. Won’t be the last.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2019, 05:10:41 PM »

Same ole Ners. He’s the dude at the playground that gets dunked on repeatedly let still talks trash. Only to get dunked on again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2019, 05:42:07 PM »
Same ole Ners. He’s the dude at the playground that gets dunked on repeatedly let still talks trash. Only to get dunked on again.

The irony - coming from the guy that tried to posit that Wojo has a good job by comparing him to the other coaches that were hired in 2014 - all of whom walked into bottom feeder programs, one with major infractions that cleaned out their program via transfers, and another program (Wake) that hadn't accomplished much of anything in the 5 prior years, and is easily a bottom tier school in the ACC.

I met you halfway on your post suggesting we could have done worse than Wojo, but please have a little integrity and acknowledge that the expectations for Wojo should have been higher than those of the coaches hired at the other schools.

Unless you truly do feel that Oregon State, Washington State, Mizzou, Tennessee, Wake Forest, are programs all on our level?  If so, please go ahead and make your case for why those schools are comparable, and support with data, as I've provided.  Also, I'd appreciate it if you could go back and research how many Top 100 recruits the coaches who walked into those programs inherited.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2019, 05:45:01 PM »
The irony - coming from the guy that tried to posit that Wojo has a good job by comparing him to the other coaches that were hired in 2014 - all of whom walked into bottom feeder programs, one with major infractions that cleaned out their program via transfers, and another program (Wake) that hadn't accomplished much of anything in the 5 prior years, and is easily a bottom tier school in the ACC.

I met you halfway on your post suggesting we could have done worse than Wojo, but please have a little integrity and acknowledge that the expectations for Wojo should have been higher than those of the coaches hired at the other schools.

Unless you truly do feel that Oregon State, Washington State, Mizzou, Tennessee, Wake Forest, are programs all on our level?  If so, please go ahead and make your case for why those schools are comparable, and support with data, as I've provided.  Also, I'd appreciate it if you could go back and research how many Top 100 recruits the coaches who walked into those programs inherited.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

He dunked on you and then snapped your headband.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2019, 05:45:32 PM »
Liar. Not the first time. Won’t be the last.

Search, Pontiff...where did I promise I was revealing anything?  Never did....but sure, keep on lying that I said that.  Did I expect and should more shoes have dropped...yup.  Did I say I was revealing them...nope.

This part of this movie always makes me think of a certain basketball regime at MU...

https://youtu.be/vuuTS_WNw5w
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:51:27 PM by Cheeks »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2019, 05:50:24 PM »
Search, Pontiff...where did I promise I was revealing anything?  Never did....but sure, keep on lying that I said that.  Did I expect and should more shoes have dropped...yup.  Did I say I was revealing them...nope.

https://youtu.be/vuuTS_WNw5w

Everyone knows your lying. No matter what you are saying now.

Pathetic.