[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dan Dakich  (Read 10241 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Dan Dakich
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »
Dan Dickitch is the worst.
Camera shots were just as bad today.
I did not know this one from DD.....1979 Jerome Whitehead should have been called for goaltending therefore Marquette shouldn’t have won the title.
Sacar ah-meen.
Talking about everything other than the action.
My youngest Daughter said....this announcer has not stopped talking for the last 5 minutes....and he hasn’t really said anything. I said your right.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 03:11:08 PM by We R Final Four »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2019, 03:07:40 PM »
Dakich was weird in the Fairfield/Texas A&M game. Talking about benching a player for a month.

Listen, let a guy have his thought. I'm fine with it. Marquette really was never in it. Yet, can we please know the players names. He kept calling numbers. Elliot, he went after the 2nd time it seemed. The play by play man was trying to tell him to shut it. Also, point made on Michigan. Yet, how many times are we going to say it. Camera guy is showing the Marquette fan way too long when something happened that we missed and never got explained to the viewer. Just an odd boardcast.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2019, 03:34:36 PM »
Dakich is the definition of a narcissist.  He is always right and doesn’t have an ounce of humility.  Great to see Potrykus tweet at him during our game.  Two complete losers
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2019, 04:17:09 PM »
Dakich likes to hear his voice too much and his voice is pretty annoying, but he’s pretty knowledgeable and calls it like it is. He had a stupid take on Elliott in the scuffle but otherwise he was totally fine. Markus was terrible today yet he continued to praise him, claiming the game wasn’t over yet because Markus is still on the court and he’s going to make a shot at some point, and saying he’s on his post Feast Week All American team.

MU trailed by 15-20 basically the entire game. If you want announcers on their knees for MU in those situations the problem is more with you and you should mute the game and turn on Homer on the radio.

wades, honestly I didn't remember thinking he was bad, just that he wasn't one of my favorites. But he was really bad today. He called Robert Jackson "Robert Johnson," called Hank Raymonds "Raymond," said we wouldn't have won the '77 title if goaltending had been called on Whitehead (it would have been offensive interference, and the game would have gone into OT), talked about Marquette's historic toughness and the only players he could come up with were Whitehead and Lee, rambled on about the untucked jerseys when the game was going on, failed to provide insight several times when there was no clear explanation what was going on, and sounded like a dope (as you said) on Elliott. And those are just off the top of my head.

Even at his worse, he's nowhere near as bad as Dickey Simpkins at his best (as if Dickey even has a "best"), but this was painful today.

Of course, had our guys played better, maybe he'd have been easier to tolerate.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »
There is no way Dickey Simpkins is that bad.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2019, 04:38:09 PM »
Hate Espn's announcing format. Football  their announcers do the same
like today's game. Surprised Dakich doesn't hold class on TV on how
to tie sneakers or hold a B-Ball. He Sucks.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 04:58:05 PM »
wades, honestly I didn't remember thinking he was bad, just that he wasn't one of my favorites. But he was really bad today. He called Robert Jackson "Robert Johnson," called Hank Raymonds "Raymond," said we wouldn't have won the '77 title if goaltending had been called on Whitehead (it would have been offensive interference, and the game would have gone into OT), talked about Marquette's historic toughness and the only players he could come up with were Whitehead and Lee, rambled on about the untucked jerseys when the game was going on, failed to provide insight several times when there was no clear explanation what was going on, and sounded like a dope (as you said) on Elliott. And those are just off the top of my head.

Even at his worse, he's nowhere near as bad as Dickey Simpkins at his best (as if Dickey even has a "best"), but this was painful today.

Of course, had our guys played better, maybe he'd have been easier to tolerate.
No he said the 1979 title!
And then his flunkie informed him that it was 1977!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 05:11:40 PM »
There is no way Dickey Simpkins is that bad.
Dickey Simpkins loves MU.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 05:12:54 PM »
He is seriously going off on Mark Miller. "the eyes never lie" - LOL

This guy has a hair trigger

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2019, 05:24:17 PM »

I do disagree with Mark Miller on Bill Walton. He is pure entertainment.
-Bill Walton

dajudge

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2019, 05:27:55 PM »
Used to say I would almost rather listen to Walton
After today I would

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »
I wonder if Dakich remembers being part of the team in 1985 when MU got totally screwed in the NIT game in Bloomington?

Mandy Johnson was quoted something along the lines of “It became apparent that there was no way that we were going to come out of the arena with a win”.  Fouls were something like Marquette 36 and Indiana 21.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2019, 05:43:30 PM »
No he said the 1979 title!
And then his flunkie informed him that it was 1977!

Yeah ... forgot about that!

What a dope.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2019, 05:54:12 PM »

What a tool

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2019, 07:23:24 PM »
The Twitterverse has been ripping into Dick Vitale tonight as well. Surely there are better announcers out there, right?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2019, 08:05:09 PM »
The Twitterverse has been ripping into Dick Vitale tonight as well. Surely there are better announcers out there, right?

Dickie is 80 years old now and how his jaw can withstand the constant yacking is just a medical mystery. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »

DD more than most, he loves to Hear himself.  My solution is the Mute button.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »
Dan Jockitch amiright guys?

hey!  he ain't related to...nawww, couldn't be ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2019, 01:13:51 PM »
I think it's an epidemic throughout the entire "industry". Announcers should remember it's TV, not radio, and that we are watching the game not listening to it. Does anyone remember the best ever, Ray Scott in the Super Bowl: "Star, Dowler, Touchdown". That's all he said and it was plenty. Some occasional comments about what's going on like how to handle a zone etc are OK.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »
Vitale was at ESPN 40 yrs. to long. Surprised he didn't mention his
one eye story.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »
I think it's an epidemic throughout the entire "industry". Announcers should remember it's TV, not radio, and that we are watching the game not listening to it. Does anyone remember the best ever, Ray Scott in the Super Bowl: "Star, Dowler, Touchdown". That's all he said and it was plenty. Some occasional comments about what's going on like how to handle a zone etc are OK.

Amen to Ray Scott, why someone has not picked up that baton is a puzzlement to me.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »
Vitale was at ESPN 40 yrs. to long. Surprised he didn't mention his
one eye story.
Not sure the years is why Vitals stinks. Bill Raftery has been doing it as long, he is great.
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2019, 05:41:03 PM »
Dakich just said in Maryland vs Illinois game...”Bob Knight told me never to coach brothers, and never coach twins....they will make you crazy.  When one is sad, the other is sad.”
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2019, 10:10:24 AM »
Dakich just said in Maryland vs Illinois game...”Bob Knight told me never to coach brothers, and never coach twins....they will make you crazy.  When one is sad, the other is sad.”

therefore, never coach twin brothers, eyn'a? :D
don't...don't don't don't don't

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2019, 01:32:03 AM »

Not a fan of either Dakich or Knight, but totally agree with this theory. 
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On