[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Trojan Horses  (Read 10511 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Trojan Horses
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2019, 10:17:10 PM »
Fun game for Marquette.  Critical error by the USC coach to come out of the zone.  USC cut it to around 13 and then they went back to man to man and the lead ballooned to 30 again.
Nice to see the entire team contribute.
Howard was in the zone. 
Get ready for Maryland, the bar is being raised.

They came out of the zone when Marcus buried like 3 3’s in their faces.  Seemed mu became comfortable with it. And begann extending again.  I think a zone when markus is in a zone may be short term fools gold
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2019, 10:18:09 PM »
Don’t want the whistles to stop the aggressive D.  So nice to see this team getting stops.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2019, 10:19:24 PM »
FWIW Maryland is 8 spots behind Purdue on Kenpom.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2019, 10:23:52 PM »
No mention of defense amongst the Scoop Intelligencia. Despite the ridiculous foul rate today in the Song of the Whistles, this is the fifth game of six of < .91 opposing ORat. This hasn’t been seen since 2012 to start the season.  Clearly, the defense has mattered.

I harped on this early in the Wojo regime but this has clearly turned around.  Difference maker.

#winorlando

You just didn’t scroll to the right time

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2019, 10:24:40 PM »

That's what great offensive players do.

Agree n disagree,  there has been an emphasis  on enforcing the rule of verticality, even when the defenders jumps. Today any contact even if offensive player initiated seemed to be called.  An absolute ton of which i felt were play ons on both sides really but more bad whistles against mu defense. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2019, 10:30:00 PM »
You just didn’t scroll to the right time

True. Great post.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2019, 11:11:09 PM »
Play....with...tempo. That's the key to their offense. Wojo's teams have always been better offensively when they can play faster..we saw that tonight. Maryland plays at the 40th fastest tempo in the country...that helps immensely. This should be a great game.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2019, 11:30:41 PM »
Hero ball is so much fun!

Not sure I’d even call it hero ball when maybe one shot all day was forced. What an amazing and efficient performance.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2019, 11:37:51 PM »
No idea if it actually clicks for him, but Bailey feels SO close to figuring it all out. He can get his own shot and good looks, but he needs to drain them.

I’d love to see Bailey develop a simple set shot on the open 3s and even from the high post. His stroke looks good but he just doesn’t knock them down consistently. I wonder if eliminating some of the variables inherent with a jump shot would help him be more consistent. Would be such a boost to our offense as he gets several open opportunities each game.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2019, 01:07:57 AM »
I’d love to see Bailey develop a simple set shot on the open 3s and even from the high post. His stroke looks good but he just doesn’t knock them down consistently. I wonder if eliminating some of the variables inherent with a jump shot would help him be more consistent. Would be such a boost to our offense as he gets several open opportunities each game.

BB has had some tough luck. He gets some good looks but the ball just is not going in the net. If he ever can knock them down we will be in great shape.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2019, 09:38:53 AM »

I’m with you 100%. I think he will and by March this will be a different team.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2019, 11:57:25 AM »
I hope so.  I'm not really impressed with his court awareness.  Seems to decide to take shots early when he thinks its his turn, then leaves others even when the flow of the offense dictates it.  Been more impressed with Cain this year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2019, 12:25:13 PM »
BB has had some tough luck. He gets some good looks but the ball just is not going in the net. If he ever can knock them down we will be in great shape.

Maybe it's tough luck, but maybe that's just not his forte. I've said it before, but I think Brendan, Jamal, and Sacar are all better when they put the ball on the floor rather than when they try to knock down threes. It would be awesome for us if they can start hitting at a 30%-35% clip, but I don't think we need that from them this year.

It's fine if Koby, Markus, and Greg are the primary shooters. Let them stretch the D, and let Sacar, Brendan, and Jamal be the guys who can beat their man off the dribble. We know guys have different skill sets, so I'd like to see ways to let our better athletes showcase that rather than keeping them outside away from the hoop. It could help with scoring and rebounding if we could get these guys moving to the rim more often.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2019, 12:29:57 PM »
Wojo's offense starts four out at the perimeter.  It certainly doesn''t preclude anyone from attacking the basket.  But all perimeter players should have the green light to shoot in the flow of the offense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow