[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Trojan Horses  (Read 10699 times)

warriors141

• All American
Re: Trojan Horses
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 06:57:31 PM »
Great game, solid contributions from a lot of guys. nice to have 3 bigs to rotate in a game like this, although Johnson has been less than stellar he is serviceable as the 3rd option. love the contribution from Elliott. Think he will improve a lot over the year as he is still getting comfortable.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
Fun game for Marquette.  Critical error by the USC coach to come out of the zone.  USC cut it to around 13 and then they went back to man to man and the lead ballooned to 30 again.
Nice to see the entire team contribute.
Howard was in the zone. 
Get ready for Maryland, the bar is being raised.

connie

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 06:58:28 PM »
"Howard scoring 40 or 50 per game is not sustainable. "

Really?

I tend to agree but it's amazing that I'm not 100% sure...... ;D
Same here.  I know it's stupid, but still...
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »
"Howard scoring 40 or 50 per game is not sustainable. "

Really?

I tend to agree but it's amazing that I'm not 100% sure...... ;D
we are watching something special no doubt. My only point is the team is better when everyone is involved on offense versus standing around watching MH work. It helps Howard as well to make the defense play the whole team

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2019, 07:01:02 PM »
The team looked great today . We won big.

Delighted when Markus is in God mode.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2019, 07:06:24 PM »
What a fun game to watch.  Markus, can't say anything more...  The team seemed to shoot really well from 3, even Symir got some good run at the end.  Lots of fouls; MU using hands too much, though the offensive onslaught may have had them less focused.  What a game. Markus sure is special!

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 07:11:25 PM »
Hero ball is so much fun!

I promise you didn’t really watch the game. Markus had 51 but this was a team win.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2019, 07:14:57 PM »
Lost in Markus’s great play was the defense.  During the 1st half run, MU had at least 3 blocks and totally shut down USC. USC had to totally change their offensive approach. Instead of driving to the hoop, they did isolation on the block and did one on one just to get some points. The game would not have been as close had USC not taken so many free throws. The defense was locking down the shots.

During the first half, we saw what MU can do on offense and defense and it was great team basketball.  I think we can get to that by Big East play but I expect a few regressions. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:17:15 PM by BallBoy »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2019, 07:16:18 PM »
Markus 40+ quarterfinal. Markus 50+ semifinal. Markus 60+ finals?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2019, 07:18:53 PM »
There was a different tempo to them after the first media timeout. Guys made decisive actions, moved with purpose, and the shots started to fall. The defensive energy was unreal in that first half.

Very impressive. Let's hope they can bring it like this more consistently moving forward.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »
It was nice to see Marquette take it to Enfield and his hot garbage team.  I honestly think we should abandon any pretense of being anything other than a one man show on offense.  Good defense plus 25 shots and a bunch of free throw attempts from Markus is our best chance to win on any given night. 

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2019, 07:20:44 PM »
That was fun.  Impressive win.  USC was a good matchup for us - young, and terrible at defending the three.  Markus in God mode is totally dispiriting to the opponent.

Sunday's matchup should be fun to watch, and I expect MU to win given the decided advantage of experience and having Markus.  Defense for this team looks to be the best of the Wojo era. 

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2019, 07:48:07 PM »
Glad they are playing multiple games in a row to get into a rhythm.   Couple times tonight our secondary players still passed up wide open shots for worse shots.  Need to keep gaining confidence and catch and shoot without hesitation when open.  Look forward to the Maryland game. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2019, 08:38:37 PM »
Defensively, MU went 3 straight halves without giving up a 3.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2019, 08:46:26 PM »
This ☝️☝️  at least 6-7 calls where they drove n our man was completely vertical and they buried their shoulder into the defenders chest for a foul.  15 on uscs 5th was particularly bad call.  Markuss charge was terrible.

That's what great offensive players do.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2019, 09:09:46 PM »
There was great ball movement, Markus was  ... well... wow. I love that when USC cut it to 13 we stayed cool and focused and brought up the lead again.   

This was a great gam overall.  Defense was terrific and active. Go Marquette!

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2019, 09:10:54 PM »
No idea if it actually clicks for him, but Bailey feels SO close to figuring it all out. He can get his own shot and good looks, but he needs to drain them.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2019, 09:14:08 PM »
Beat the cupcakes,  win one of Maryland and K State and it's been a very solid non conference. Win both and im very happy

we are going to be marylands first real test and ours for that matter...u-dub was hopefully a blip in the screen or bulletin board material.  bob morris was a tester
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2019, 09:19:22 PM »
we are going to be marylands first real test and ours for that matter...u-dub was hopefully a blip in the screen or bulletin board material.  bob morris was a tester

Purdue, Wisconsin and USC were good "tests." Not as good as Maryland will be, obviously, but I get tired of hearing that everybody we face is garbage.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2019, 09:30:27 PM »

They already faced quite the test with Temple a few days ago.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2019, 09:42:19 PM »
Purdue, Wisconsin and USC were good "tests." Not as good as Maryland will be, obviously, but I get tired of hearing that everybody we face is garbage.

never said garbage, but yes, those were decent teams.  i mean, playing a "top 10 team" is really going to be a test.  can we hang with them? do we get our asses handed to us?  do we fall behind and fight back? etc etc  wisconsin was a good early road test-fail. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2019, 09:47:21 PM »
never said garbage, but yes, those were decent teams.  i mean, playing a "top 10 team" is really going to be a test.  can we hang with them? do we get our asses handed to us?  do we fall behind and fight back? etc etc  wisconsin was a good early road test-fail.
'

Yes, Maryland will be our biggest test to date.

I'm hoping we pass with flying colors; hopefully, you are too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2019, 09:47:24 PM »
They already faced quite the test with Temple a few days ago.

always respected temple-tradition, but...beat drexel by 8, morgan by 20,  la salle by 5, USC(rally in 2nd half)by 9.  gave maryland a good game however.  not sure it was supposed to be a test though

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2019, 09:47:46 PM »
'

Yes, Maryland will be our biggest test to date.

I'm hoping we pass with flying colors; hopefully, you are too.

go warriors!!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2019, 10:08:23 PM »
No mention of defense amongst the Scoop Intelligencia. Despite the ridiculous foul rate today in the Song of the Whistles, this is the fifth game of six of < .91 opposing ORat. This hasn’t been seen since 2012 to start the season.  Clearly, the defense has mattered.

I harped on this early in the Wojo regime but this has clearly turned around.  Difference maker.

#winorlando