Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 16, 2024, 07:21:10 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by MU82
[June 16, 2024, 06:39:26 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Herman Cain
[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

NBA green room by Skatastrophy
[June 16, 2024, 03:09:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo Postgame Quote  (Read 10985 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Wojo Postgame Quote
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2019, 08:59:18 PM »
Translation: "Please make a bunch of shots to keep me from looking bad. Again."

This sums it up right here. 

The fact it took 40 from Markus, and 38 trips to the FT line for us to eek out a win versus a marginal Davidson team on a historically bad shooting night for them?  Doesn't bode well.  Sure would be nice if we could scheme some good looks offensively, versus having to rely primarily on step back 23 footers to win.

Silver linings are defense looks good, Bailey and Cain flashing some improvement.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2019, 09:05:13 PM »
Good God Ners sucks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2019, 09:06:07 PM »
Yup. He’s the reason.

Lmao
[/quote

The actual reason wears a tie on the sideline and refuses to acknowledge his weaknesses and limitations.]

mug644

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2019, 09:08:42 PM »
I wonder if Wojo’s quote is the transition away from the idea that there will be a reliable 2nd and/or 3rd scorer behind Markus and the Markus should work to get them going. And that Markus needs to show that he can be a playmaker for his future career. With no one else showing that they will be a clear number 2, why not let Markus just let it fly?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:28:08 PM by mug644 »

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2019, 09:09:27 PM »
5 games in - this team gets better and better is what I’m banking on

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2019, 09:11:03 PM »
My thanksgiving will be complete once cheeks tells me all about Jayce’s phenomenal potential.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2019, 09:16:40 PM »
Translation:  We are trying to make Markus a more complete player.    Today, I told him to take over.     

Thank you, tower. So obvious, yet some miss it.

Against quality teams, the Warriors need big offensive production from Markus and McEwen. Tonight, McEwen couldn't buy a bucket, and aside from Sacar (and Bailey on a couple of plays), no other Warrior showed any offensive pulse. So Wojo said: "The game is yours, Markus."

If McEwen was having even a somewhat-below-average game, we win this game fairly easily. But he didn't. So again, Markus had go video-game mode.

Those reading any more into what Wojo said simply want to rip either him, Markus or both.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2019, 09:25:33 PM »
Ive said it since day one, this year this team Markus needs to shoot 30 times a game.  A bad Markus shot is still the best shot our team has.
If other players start showing something then maybe that can change but until then.  Not sure how many games this team can win with kobe going 0 fer with half of them being layups.

I don't know about 30 shots a game, but you and I actually agree on the general idea of this, MSK. How 'bout that?!?!

After Markus took and missed a high-degree-of-difficulty shot midway through the second half, my wife asked, "Why is he doing that?" And I said, "Because pretty much everybody else is struggling tonight, so any shot by Markus is better than what might be considered a 'good' shot by somebody else."

That will be the case more than a few times this season.

Still, it seems folks are already forgetting how very good McEwen was against Purdue. Tonight, he just had one of those nights where nothing would fall.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2019, 09:33:37 PM »

Shark

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2019, 10:14:05 PM »
It’s impressive how people find a way to complain even after wins on this board. Especially on thanksgiving nonetheless.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2019, 10:17:16 PM »
It’s impressive how people find a way to complain even after wins on this board. Especially on thanksgiving nonetheless.

Winner.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2019, 10:18:34 PM »
Yep if we win obviously there's no legit concerns to bring up. Cant even mention that no one besides markus stepped up on offense and that is a real concern. Just ridiculous

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2019, 10:33:10 PM »
Rob Dauster was right about Marquette fans.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2019, 10:40:16 PM »
I'd say it's more on the roster the head coach assembled around him but yeah, this team does stink.

The roster was fine and then the Hausers left......impossible to replace their production that late in the cycle.

For years everybody complained that we didn't guard......it was fair....people said it was the coach....some said the roster was the main culprit.....the roster changed and the defense got much better...we held a very good offensive team to .84 ppp tonight.......we are 4-1 playing ugly .....wins over Purdue and Davidson .....

If your expectations are to see offense like we have seen the last 3 years you might as well stop watching now. It isn't happening this season.

Greg still trying to find his way back to form.....and Koby looking for consistency.

Scoop never fails to disappoint after hard fought wins that aren't aesthetically pleasing.

Ps Auburn beat this team by 10 on a neutral court...  they must stink too....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:49:11 PM by MuMark »

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2019, 10:44:06 PM »
Rob Dauster was right about Marquette fans.

Try reading the game thread without puking.   Nothing but negative Nancy’s bitching their way through.  It’s grotesque. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2019, 10:47:31 PM »
Howard is a great scorer. He’s also the reason this team stinks.

Ya theyd win so many more games without him. Idiot
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2019, 10:49:16 PM »
If your expectations are to see offense like we have seen the last 3 years you might as well stop watching now. It isn't happening this season.

Not my expectations at all, I'd settle for competence from guys other than Markus. Everyone seems to be waiting for a bunch of average guys to make a leap. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2019, 11:02:10 PM »
The roster was fine and then the Hausers left......impossible to replace their production that late in the cycle.

For years everybody complained that we didn't guard......it was fair....people said it was the coach....some said the roster was the main culprit.....the roster changed and the defense got much better...we held a very good offensive team to .84 ppp tonight.......we are 4-1 playing ugly .....wins over Purdue and Davidson .....

Greg still trying to find his way back to form.....and Koby looking for consistency.

Scoop never fails to disappoint after hard fought wins that aren't aesthetically pleasing.

Ps Auburn beat this team by 10 on a neutral court...  they must stink too....

Totally agree we play good defense, the rebounding could improve, but the defense is really solid.  If we could just get some offense going we could be pretty good, its early n can only get better.  Thankfully we dont have to score 90 this year to win like many times in the past.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2019, 11:08:02 PM »
Howard is a great scorer. He’s also the reason this team stinks.

That's what the All-America voters said...wait, no - I mean the All-Big East Voters...wait, no - I guess it's only you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2019, 11:35:28 PM »

That's what the All-America voters said...wait, no - I mean the All-Big East Voters...wait, no - I guess it's only you.

He's got inside information about how much every other player hates Markus.

Which obviously explains why all of them decided to stay after Markus announced he was staying and the Hausers announced they were leaving.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2019, 11:40:13 PM »
Yep if we win obviously there's no legit concerns to bring up. Cant even mention that no one besides markus stepped up on offense and that is a real concern. Just ridiculous

Well it would be ridiculous any other night of the year, but as the fellow pointed out it was Thanksgiving.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2019, 12:16:59 AM »

Our bar is now patting ourselves on the back after an ugly win over a 2-4 Davidson team? Yikes.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2019, 01:00:55 AM »
How was this win ugly? The spread was -2.5. We won by 10.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2019, 01:06:13 AM »

You watched the game, right? This was not pretty basketball. The final outcome was great, but I think our team is capable of playing much better than they did today.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2019, 01:35:38 AM »

The game was very clearly ugly.

The issue here is people are acting like the outcome itself was ugly. Talking about how sad it is to let a team like Davidson play us tight and it never should of been that close. Dismissing the defense because its Davidson etc...

And as you stated, the sharps had us as 1 Davidson 3 from losing.

It was ugly offense today. But the end result showed we could still do better than projected.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback