[Today at 09:23:57 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 09:16:40 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: A win is a win is a win is a win  (Read 44198 times)

HowardsWorld

• All American
A win is a win is a win is a win
« on: November 23, 2019, 03:11:41 PM »
There is no denying this game was ugly. Not sure why howard didnt shoot in the 1st half. Anyways we won and are moving on. Onto Davidson to erase this game from our memory. Keep in mind this was only the 4th game of the year. Stuff is going to happen. If you need examples of bad games look at kentucky as home. Lost to some directional school and eeked out another.

Class71

• All American
Re: A win is a win is a win is a win
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 03:14:13 PM »
In last 3 games one good half.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »
Well that’s one way to put it.  After watching this game, would anyone not trade Wojo for the Robert Morris coach?

He may be getting recruits, but could a coach underachieve any more with this much talent.   As goose says, he is way over his head as a coach.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 03:15:08 PM »
Umm, not sure I agree this time.  This "win" feels ominous

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 03:15:58 PM »
didn't watch game, was there an injury?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 03:16:28 PM »
In last 3 games one good half.

And 2 wins.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »
Just to our collective pride

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 03:18:11 PM »
There is no denying this game was ugly. Not sure why howard didnt shoot in the 1st half. Anyways we won and are moving on. Onto Davidson to erase this game from our memory. Keep in mind this was only the 4th game of the year. Stuff is going to happen. If you need examples of bad games look at kentucky as home. Lost to some directional school and eeked out another.

This 🖕

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 03:20:35 PM »
Rough, rough, rough game.  Played intimidated and scared for the last ten minutes.  Huge credit to Robert Morris and Andy O'Toole - this team, which was 1-5, played like a 5-1 team today, and continually got good looks for their star players, not to mention being very disciplined in their match-up zone and perimeter defense. 

I hope (and anticipate) this was simply a trap game that our guys slept walked through.  However, other than Howard, there is simply no one you can trust to score a basket.  Additionally, the turnovers remain a huge red flag. 

The team better figure this out quick, as Davidson is - arguably - the most important OOC game we have (since it depends who we play later on in Orlando). 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 03:23:38 PM »
Well that’s one way to put it.  After watching this game, would anyone not trade Wojo for the Robert Morris coach?

He may be getting recruits, but could a coach underachieve any more with this much talent.   As goose says, he is way over his head as a coach.

Yeah I wouldn’t trade Wojo for the Robert Morris coach. Lol.

But hey maybe Purdue would give us Painter for Wojo?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 03:23:50 PM »
Pretty sure Howard got a directive from Wojo not to shoot and I agree with that approach. If these other dudes are gonna learn how to score it’s best to do it against teams like this. The result however wasn’t inspiring.
No Finish Line

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 03:37:37 PM »
Speaking by this slug team by 4 points, unacceptable. DePaul cant wait to their hands on Wojos coaching the team.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »

Only to our eyesight.

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 03:49:12 PM »
Pretty sure Howard got a directive from Wojo not to shoot and I agree with that approach. If these other dudes are gonna learn how to score it’s best to do it against teams like this. The result however wasn’t inspiring.

Yes this is exactly what I think happened. Hopefully something was learned from that mess though.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 03:57:38 PM »
It’s not so they can learn how to score. The team doesn’t like playing with him and it was Wojo’s way of teaching some kind of lesson.

This season is going to be a train wreck the likes of which we haven’t seen in a long, long time.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »
It’s not so they can learn how to score. The team doesn’t like playing with him and it was Wojo’s way of teaching some kind of lesson.

Lol...what?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »
It’s not so they can learn how to score. The team doesn’t like playing with him and it was Wojo’s way of teaching some kind of
#LIES

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 04:03:50 PM »

Lol...what?

No kidding.  This must be the underboard narrative.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »
And 2 wins.

Silly. If we get a sense of success based on beating a cupcake like this our expectations must be rather low.  Seriously this team has more talent than they are showing. There is clearly something missing in the coaching. I hope the staff gets their act together soon.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 04:05:55 PM »
Silly. If we get a sense of success based on beating a cupcake like this our expectations must be rather low.  Seriously this team has more talent than they are showing. There is clearly something missing in the coaching. I hope the staff gets their act together soon.

I don’t think we’re as talented as you think. But yeah I don’t think Wojo is going to coach them to be better than their talent.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 04:07:19 PM »

Absolutely this team has more talent. Davidson is no where near where we were hoping they would be when we played them next week. They are 2-3 and we should honestly blow them out as a team. I don't see that happening and expect a close win followed by a win over USC. Anything other than a match up with Maryland or in the championship game is Maryland loses prior is a huge disappointment and shows the direct the team is heading. You can write the Badgers loss of as good defense by them and good 3 point shooting but if they come out poor again that will have been 4 straight games an most likely how the team will be moving forward.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 04:08:42 PM »

In our last 3 games we’ve played 2 upper half Big Ten teams. According to you we’ve played a total of 1 good half in those 3 games. We won 2 of those games. You can call it silly. I call it a fact.

This season is going to be a train wreck the likes of which we haven’t seen in a long, long time.

LOL! So all the kids who hate playing with Markus decided to stay and play with Markus even though they were willing to leave had a couple letter writers stuck around? That makes sense. And Wojo is just sticking it to the other players on the team by not letting Markus shoot?

Wow. For as dumb of stuff as I’ve seen thrown around here this takes the cake.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 04:10:27 PM »
Alot of talk about talent lately. Do people forget this was the season we were looking forward to for 3-4 years as the team that could finally have a shot at a final 4. Obviously the loss of Sam Hauser was big. Joey Hauser wasn't even part of the plan to make the final 4 at that point. This team still has talent but coaching needs to get it together. Honestly I don't know how you can look elsewhere when he is getting 4-5 star recruits and cannot get a tourny win.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2019, 04:11:33 PM »
In our last 3 games we’ve played 2 upper half Big Ten teams. According to you we’ve played a total of 1 good half in those 3 games. We won 2 of those games. You can call it silly. I call it a fact.

LOL! So all the kids who hate playing with Markus decided to stay and play with Markus even though they were willing to leave had a couple letter writers stuck around? That makes sense. And Wojo is just sticking it to the other players on the team by not letting Markus shoot?

Wow. For as dumb of stuff as I’ve seen thrown around here this takes the cake.

I would say you have low expectations but given the recent history maybe not.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2019, 04:12:44 PM »
Alot of talk about talent lately. Do people forget this was the season we were looking forward to for 3-4 years as the team that could finally have a shot at a final 4. Obviously the loss of Sam Hauser was big. Joey Hauser wasn't even part of the plan to make the final 4 at that point. This team still has talent but coaching needs to get it together. Honestly I don't know how you can look elsewhere when he is getting 4-5 star recruits and cannot get a tourny win.

Who are the four and five star recruits on this team?

feedback