Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: DAWSON!  (Read 56446 times)

94Warrior

• All American
Re: DAWSON!
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2019, 08:42:40 PM »
Indiana fans are surprisingly calm.

It’s Minnesota fans that are going berserk, even saying that Marquette paid him 🙄

I'm still tapped out from paying the Hausers not to go to Madison.  That was no cheap date!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2019, 08:46:18 PM »
For anyone else who watched the announcement, Norlander came off like a completely B10 stooge/clown before the announcement. Rattled off why Garcia would best fit in at Indiana/Minnesota, then mentioned Memphis. Then tossed Marquette in at the end like “well, they will need scoring when Howard leaves. Heh heh, they’re gonna need a lot of help”. It wasn’t even like he was anti-Marquette, just came off as acting like Marquette wasn’t in the same level as these programs and it would be surprising if they got it done.

Also, they had the footer announcing Marquette before the delayed video showed him grabbing the hat

Yup, Norlander and Parish are a joke...but some folks here love them.  Not my cup of tea.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »
Great news! Congrats to Wojo and his staff. Mane feels like a stretch but if we can reel him in it's a top 5 class and our best (on paper) ever.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2019, 09:05:47 PM »
For anyone else who watched the announcement, Norlander came off like a completely B10 stooge/clown before the announcement. Rattled off why Garcia would best fit in at Indiana/Minnesota, then mentioned Memphis. Then tossed Marquette in at the end like “well, they will need scoring when Howard leaves. Heh heh, they’re gonna need a lot of help”. It wasn’t even like he was anti-Marquette, just came off as acting like Marquette wasn’t in the same level as these programs and it would be surprising if they got it done.

Also, they had the footer announcing Marquette before the delayed video showed him grabbing the hat
I was a little surprised at his take, as usually Norlander is very pro Big East and likes MU. Maybe he is channeling his inner Myron. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2019, 09:23:04 PM »
I hope the big guy is as good as advertised, but not one-and-done good. Don't need another Ellenson. Duke and Kentucky can reload year after year without suffering damage to the program, but we can't.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2019, 09:41:57 PM »
Congrats to Wojo and his coaching staff for recognizing big-time talent early and sticking with him, and congrats to Dawson for making a great decision.

The very last thing I read about Dawson before the announcement included a comment from him about each team. Frankly, he made it sound as if he was least excited about going to MU. He played it real close to the vest, and that's kinda cool actually.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2019, 09:48:57 PM »
I'm still tapped out from paying the Hausers not to go to Madison.  That was no cheap date!

I know this is a joke, but the guys behind me were talking about the money to Hausers’ mom on Sunday at the game...

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2019, 09:50:13 PM »
Congrats to Wojo and his coaching staff for recognizing big-time talent early and sticking with him, and congrats to Dawson for making a great decision.

The very last thing I read about Dawson before the announcement included a comment from him about each team. Frankly, he made it sound as if he was least excited about going to MU. He played it real close to the vest, and that's kinda cool actually.

I agree with your assessment. I am very impressed with how close to the vest he played it. I am glad that he was able to do so and let he and his family have the right discussions and come to a thought-out decision.

Also, I stand by my previous statements that Dawson is a cornerstone player. Really excited to have him on board for 2020.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2019, 10:38:33 PM »
Another tidbit I learned..well Duke had interest in Dawson(we all knew that I think). But it wasn't just passing interest...they tried incredibly hard to get involved with him in July, but they just got in too late. He talked to Coach K numerous times...for a period of time, he called as much or more than any other Coach. How about them apples?? He shunned Duke for MU  :)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2019, 10:47:15 PM »
Another tidbit I learned..well Duke had interest in Dawson(we all knew that I think). But it wasn't just passing interest...they tried incredibly hard to get involved with him in July, but they just got in too late. He talked to Coach K numerous times...for a period of time, he called as much or more than any other Coach. How about them apples?? He shunned Duke for MU  :)

If true, don’t know if it is, then I would think Coach K said if not us, MU and my guy Wojo not a bad alternative.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2019, 11:32:15 PM »
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/marquette-how-exciting.190739/

You’d think we’re back in the early 80s the way they talk about Indiana. Dawson hasn’t been alive to see a single Big Ten team win a national title. Let alone Indiana. Delusional fan base. Bobby Knight’s long gone.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2019, 05:41:52 AM »
Doubt it. DUKE already had reeled in 6 of ESPNs top 43.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2019, 07:31:01 AM »
some funny comments @ Buckyville:
Why the hell does Garcia have a final four of Marquette, Memphis, Minnesota, and Indiana? The kid may turn out to be great, but isn't the best indicator of quality which other schools are recruiting him?
I watched him play twice last season, and I'm 100% fine with him not choosing UW.  Think Andy VV....I've never seen a softer or more low-effort player in my life.  It's possible his weak effort was just a fluke and happened in the 2 games I watched, but I was not impressed.  Skilled, but soft.  Sounds perfect for Marquette.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2019, 07:38:41 AM »
some funny comments @ Buckyville:
Why the hell does Garcia have a final four of Marquette, Memphis, Minnesota, and Indiana? The kid may turn out to be great, but isn't the best indicator of quality which other schools are recruiting him?
I watched him play twice last season, and I'm 100% fine with him not choosing UW.  Think Andy VV....I've never seen a softer or more low-effort player in my life.  It's possible his weak effort was just a fluke and happened in the 2 games I watched, but I was not impressed.  Skilled, but soft.  Sounds perfect for Marquette.

Shot of Whiskey said it...idealize he is a friend to some on this board, but this has been his m.o. for years. His comments about Markus a few years ago make him look quite the idiot today.  Same for other MU players.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »
Doubt it. DUKE already had reeled in 6 of ESPNs top 43.

Maybe K was pitching for Wojo.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2019, 11:47:32 AM »
Maybe K was pitching for Wojo.
More like Wojo will always be shining K's shoes.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2019, 01:15:30 PM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2019, 01:50:03 PM »
Any chance of him making the McDonalds AA game?
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2019, 02:37:03 PM »
Any chance of him making the McDonalds AA game?

Definitely a chance. Not a lock, but will have a shot.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2019, 03:05:30 PM »
Is he the highest ranked out of state recruit in the last 20 years?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »

Before he reclassified Markus was 32 on 247, I believe.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2019, 03:14:12 PM »

Who would've been comparable before him? Jajuan Johnson and Dameon Mason come to mind as close but not quite there. Obviously Trotter if you go way back. Were there any out-of-state 90s recruits that were ranked higher than Garcia?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2019, 03:16:39 PM »

I think so.  JJJ was just a spot or two behind Dawson's numbers, I believe.  247 has Dawson at 31, so that puts him ahead of Markus.

Granted, we all know Markus would have been much higher had he not reclassified.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2019, 03:48:41 PM »
Think JJJ's rsci was 30.