[March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Now that we have Dawson, what next  (Read 17702 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Shame on me
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2019, 05:59:25 PM »
We have this kid named Symir Torrence.

Just thinking depth. Symir will have the helm, but we are gonna need more than one PG. I guess transfer isn't necessary if they get someone like Hunter.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2019, 06:29:21 PM »
Also, Akanno next year.  I think we need shooters.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

onepost

• All American
Re: Now that we have Dawson, what next
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2019, 10:58:18 PM »
Shooting.  Outside of Koby and Dawson, I don't see a ton of sharpshooting on this team.
Greg can keep teams honest, Jamal shows glimpses, but we need 2 more really good shooters.

MUpugnacity

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2019, 11:39:37 PM »
Iowa is on line 1. Indiana has some amazing areas. Indy is a great city, and believe it or not, Bloomington is a great college town.

Ehh, I live in Indy, its fine, my theory is that people who love Indy have never lived in another big city and just don’t realize all the things they love about Indy are true about all big cities. When I meet someone that talks about how great Indy is I ask where else they have lived and almost always the answer is some small to mid size midwestern town. Indy is a great event city though with plenty of hotels and bars in close proximity downtown. That’s not particularly relevant if you actually live here though.

Bloomington is a nice college town but I can see plenty of reasons why someone wouldn’t want to live there. It’s not some utopia like the people from there claim. The city would be nothing without the university and while that may be an attraction for some I think a lot of people find that it lacks in opportunities for practical work experience. Based on the small sample of IU interns I have hired a lot of students leave Bloomington for the summer which to me indicates a lack of things going on there outside the university. Also Bloomington is still in southern Indiana so if you get outside the university bubble you should expect to encounter some racism.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2019, 12:13:09 AM »
Iowa is on line 1. Indiana has some amazing areas. Indy is a great city, and believe it or not, Bloomington is a great college town.

I assume you're from Indy? I've lived in the Midwest for 35 yrs. I've hardly heard a positive reference to Indy much less referred to as 'great' - Carmel, Fishers? Different story.

That said, I think Bloomington is an attractive college town.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2019, 06:38:50 AM »
Shooting.  Outside of Koby and Dawson, I don't see a ton of sharpshooting on this team.
Greg can keep teams honest, Jamal shows glimpses, but we need 2 more really good shooters.

So what can we expect from Oghodaro and Lewis? Do they just bring size like Theo, Brendan and Jamal and not much scoring?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2019, 07:11:17 AM »
So what can we expect from Oghodaro and Lewis? Do they just bring size like Theo, Brendan and Jamal and not much scoring?
Oso brings versatility.  He has played and guarded all 5 positions.   Lewis is an athletic banger working to extend his shooting range.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2019, 07:35:26 AM »
I assume you're from Indy? I've lived in the Midwest for 35 yrs. I've hardly heard a positive reference to Indy much less referred to as 'great' - Carmel, Fishers? Different story.

That said, I think Bloomington is an attractive college town.

I enjoyed Indy.  Everything nice and close.  Bloomington is fine, but feels like most other college towns to me.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
Yeah, we need a shooter equivalent to Markus, but 4 inches taller. There should be lots of guys like that out there.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 01:43:21 PM »
Yeah, we need a shooter equivalent to Markus, but 4 inches taller. There should be lots of guys like that out there.

No need for snide remarks when I never once made mention of a 6'3" Markus-level shooter, ass.
We've lost/will lose a ton of shooting talent: we need to then add shooting talent.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »

Would be nice if our other two signees could score inside.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2019, 05:31:38 PM »
No need for snide remarks when I never once made mention of a 6'3" Markus-level shooter, ass.
We've lost/will lose a ton of shooting talent: we need to then add shooting talent.
Not intended as a snide remark. Its called hyperbole, ASS

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2019, 05:38:11 PM »

And you sir have a high intellect as evidenced by your constant name calling.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2019, 12:01:35 AM »
Ehh, I live in Indy, its fine, my theory is that people who love Indy have never lived in another big city and just don’t realize all the things they love about Indy are true about all big cities. When I meet someone that talks about how great Indy is I ask where else they have lived and almost always the answer is some small to mid size midwestern town.

This theory checks out for Chicago too.

Re: Indy - my kids love your zoo.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2019, 12:07:00 AM »

I’m shocked you’ve been MIA since the program has gotten one of its highest rated recruits in its history.

Why are you such a miserable turd?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2019, 05:23:11 AM »
I’m shocked you’ve been MIA since the program has gotten one of its highest rated recruits in its history.

In its history, if you use last 10 years only
BTW  you started the ass, ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2019, 08:22:36 AM »

It's tough being one of those people just waiting for death to arrive.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2019, 12:22:13 PM »
Ehh, I live in Indy, its fine, my theory is that people who love Indy have never lived in another big city and just don’t realize all the things they love about Indy are true about all big cities. When I meet someone that talks about how great Indy is I ask where else they have lived and almost always the answer is some small to mid size midwestern town. Indy is a great event city though with plenty of hotels and bars in close proximity downtown. That’s not particularly relevant if you actually live here though.

Bloomington is a nice college town but I can see plenty of reasons why someone wouldn’t want to live there. It’s not some utopia like the people from there claim. The city would be nothing without the university and while that may be an attraction for some I think a lot of people find that it lacks in opportunities for practical work experience. Based on the small sample of IU interns I have hired a lot of students leave Bloomington for the summer which to me indicates a lack of things going on there outside the university. Also Bloomington is still in southern Indiana so if you get outside the university bubble you should expect to encounter some racism.

...Indy is a "big" city??

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2019, 12:27:00 PM »
...Indy is a "big" city??
chicago square miles 274. Indy square miles 372

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2019, 12:41:19 PM »
Indy 2 buildings over 20 floors.  Chicago 2000.   I actually have no dog in this fight nor did I really count buildings.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2019, 12:43:30 PM »
This theory checks out for Chicago too.

Re: Indy - my kids love your zoo.

::)

Said like someone who's pretty much explored one neighborhood maybe 2.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUpugnacity

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »
Indy 2 buildings over 20 floors.  Chicago 2000.   I actually have no dog in this fight nor did I really count buildings.

People who live in Indy think of it is big and it has some big city amenities. In reality it’s a mid size city. It has the 34th largest metro area population in the US.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2019, 12:47:54 PM »
Does Jake Thomas have any younger brothers?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2019, 01:11:00 PM »
People who live in Indy think of it is big and it has some big city amenities. In reality it’s a mid size city. It has the 34th largest metro area population in the US.
Indy itself has the 11th largest population. My point being, it beats the heck out of Iowa. I have lived in Chicago, and Phoenix. It is not as great as Chicago, but I would take it over Phoenix in terms of restaurants, neighborhoods. I am talking the city itself. In terms of Midwest cities, I would rate them as:
1. Chicago
2. Minneapolis
3. Milwaukee
4. Indy
5. St Paul
then a big dropoff

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »
Anybody realize this thread has happened before like 5 or 6 years ago?
Maigh Eo for Sam