[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Real Nice Crowd  (Read 5313 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Real Nice Crowd
« on: November 13, 2019, 11:32:46 PM »
I was very impressed tonight. For a mid week, poor weather game I felt like the fans brought it.

Fully engaged and very loud in the second half, awesome game to be at.

Oh, and the student section, real nice work.

Go Marquette, let’s beat Bucky

Shark

• All American
Re: Real Nice Crowd
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 11:33:07 PM »
 :)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 11:34:22 PM »
Shark—keep that signature as long as you are here.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 11:35:53 PM »
I don't post often...but i promise it ain't changing

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 11:37:57 PM »
I loved the game tonight...but I can watch those last 5 seconds continuously!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »
Yes--kudos to the Student Sections!!  They were amped up and really brought it.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 09:48:28 AM »
Took off 3 of the 5 tarps. Had to be about 2,500 student at the game. Well done!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 09:51:12 AM »
Honestly thought it was a little quiet, even during the comeback.

Guess it's early in the season, but with a name opponent I thought it'd be a better crowd.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 09:55:13 AM »

Guess it's early in the season, but with a name opponent I thought it'd be a better crowd.

8 PM tip on a Wednesday with snow coming down.  All things considered I was expecting closer to 12k than the 15.5 that we got.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
Took off 3 of the 5 tarps. Had to be about 2,500 student at the game. Well done!

Word.  The kids were fantastic.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 10:18:17 AM »

No doubt .. the crowd was asleep for the first ~25 minutes of game.  Not much to cheer about.   Even the next 10 minutes were sedate, as it seemed we were just making it close, only to blow it.

Final 5 was solid, for obvious reasons.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 10:21:30 AM »
No doubt .. the crowd was asleep for the first ~25 minutes of game.  Not much to cheer about.   Even the next 10 minutes were sedate, as it seemed we were just making it close, only to blow it.

The crowd was more in shock how bad MU looked the first 18 minutes of the game.  That last 3 pointer from McEwen was really big at the end
of the half and the first basket in the second half.  Give Purdue credit, there length was hard for Markus, but still can hit some great shots during
the game.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 10:22:03 AM »

Hard to make noise when you are busy typing out hateful Scoop posts on your phone.
Have some patience, FFS.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »
Hard to make noise when you are busy typing out hateful Scoop posts on your phone.

Oooohh, kill em.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »

Think this nails it.

If taking an honesty pill I'd venture 87% of MU supporters were still expecting a loss even when Koby hit the shot to tie it at 49. And that's mostly because 20 seconds later Marquette was losing again.

It felt like that kind of game........until it wasn't.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 11:09:08 AM »

I think it took a while for the crowd to buy in on the comeback because there were I believe 4 times we cut leads to 2 and then it went back up to at least 8 before we finally got over the hump. Our first lead didn't come until there were just under 5 mins left, if I recall correctly. Great fight by the team and the crowd eventually jumped on board. The student section led the way, as it should, but it was great to see.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 11:24:44 AM »

Did you post this while making noise?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 01:54:52 PM »
Yeah crowd was plentiful but sedate and I think largely because it took a while to shake off the "here we go again" that came with getting down big in a Gavitt game/against a B14 opponent
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 03:52:29 PM »

There was a group in the hallway coloring in their "FIRE WOJO" posters. 

Fortunately they could be rolled up and used at a future game.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 03:55:09 PM »
Yeah crowd was plentiful but sedate and I think largely because it took a while to shake off the "here we go again" that came with getting down big in a Gavitt game/against a B14 opponent

I mean when the squad is sedate the crowd will be as well. Only first half major crowd pleaser that I remember was Markus running off a bunch of baseline screens with slower/bigger guy on him and draining an and one baseline three in his eye.

I just felt a better 2nd half crowd than some Saturday games from last season and I was impressed. I loved that players were working the crowd too, it made for a solid time.

As an aside- this is likely me reading too much into body language vander blue slap of the 5 style- but I mentioned to my wife mid second half that I didn’t like that it seemed as if Markus and Koby weren’t really communicating and it seemed as if they were avoiding each other on the court and during breaks. In the last 5 minutes I saw both of them get into each other’s face encouraging one another and have long conversations away from the others... it seemed to me like it was a big two alpha dogs burying the competitive hatchet and coming together type of deal. Those three (including sacar) bonding as the year goes on and filling up the stat sheet will be the biggest key to a successful season imo

cschor

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 04:08:27 PM »
 Good crowd, great game Experience.   I took a Purdue dad and his potential Marquette student son.   It was to cold to tour the campus so we just went to the Forum.   Having real Chick-fil-A was a huge hit.   Having his dad get cocky up 18  only to see his world fall apart, priceless.    “That’s Purdue basketball,” he said, and he’s right, they have suffered tremendously despite being nine and one against us. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:11:25 PM by cschor »

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »
Crowd was loud on TV in the 2nd half.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »
Good crowd, great game Experience.   I took a Purdue dad and his potential Marquette student son.   It was to cold to tour the campus so we just went to the Forum.   Having real Chick-fil-A was a huge hit.   Having his dad get cocky up 18  only to see his world fall apart, priceless.    “That’s Purdue basketball,” he said, and he’s right, they have suffered tremendously despite being nine and one against us.

That's great.  I hope the kid bought in.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 05:02:18 PM »

As an aside- this is likely me reading too much into body language vander blue slap of the 5 style- but I mentioned to my wife mid second half that I didn’t like that it seemed as if Markus and Koby weren’t really communicating and it seemed as if they were avoiding each other on the court and during breaks. In the last 5 minutes I saw both of them get into each other’s face encouraging one another and have long conversations away from the others... it seemed to me like it was a big two alpha dogs burying the competitive hatchet and coming together type of deal. Those three (including sacar) bonding as the year goes on and filling up the stat sheet will be the biggest key to a successful season imo

Oh lawd
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 05:30:01 PM »

feedback