[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Boiler breakdown  (Read 20308 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Boiler breakdown
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2019, 03:42:08 PM »
Somebody had a nice pocket pass to Theo, who got fouled; I want to say Elliott? Yes, more of those.
Yes, Elliott, and I think he actually had two such plays where he penetrated very deep and laid it off in heavy traffic it a perfect position where the big guys could handle it. Not an easy thing to do but they were beautiful.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2019, 04:35:57 PM »
Koby completely flipped a switch in the second half. Looked completely over his head in the first half, then leads to victory in the second.

I felt that the improvement on defense wouldn't be enough to overcome the loss of the Hausers on offense, but maybe that isn't the case? Hopefully it isn't.....

Cannot remember the last time defense rather than offense was the major reason we won a game

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2019, 05:06:01 PM »
Yes, Elliott, and I think he actually had two such plays where he penetrated very deep and laid it off in heavy traffic it a perfect position where the big guys could handle it. Not an easy thing to do but they were beautiful.

He used his reach well to get the ball around defenders; looking forward to more of that from the young man.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2019, 05:33:19 PM »
We win the Big East and get to the second weekend if Greg Elliott is healthy last year.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2019, 06:10:15 PM »
I am of that mind, too, though there are no guarantees.    Someone described him as a junkyard dog.    Some have said that we are overestimating his impact.   I remember many people arguing he should have been starting AS A FRESHMAN OVER MARKUS or ROWSEY.    At the minimum, down the stretch last year, if Greg were healthy, we would have had a 6'3 combo guard who could play defense.    That would have come in handy.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 07:06:33 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2019, 06:57:49 PM »
We win the Big East and get to the second weekend if Greg Elliott is healthy last year.

Yep

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2019, 07:06:19 PM »
Now that they've played a few games, how good do you think Purdue will end up being this season? Will this be a strong win for us at the end of the year? Not based on pre-season projections, but what you folks have seen thus far.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2019, 07:20:19 PM »
Now that they've played a few games, how good do you think Purdue will end up being this season? Will this be a strong win for us at the end of the year? Not based on pre-season projections, but what you folks have seen thus far.

Offensively challenged lacking a go-to guy at the moment.  I’ll call a 5-seed
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2019, 07:26:47 PM »
They have pieces.   Someone has to step up and become the alpha.  If that happens, Purdue will be fine.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2019, 07:26:53 PM »

I think they'll figure it out and make the tourney, but they have serious offensive issues. I'm thinking they'll spend most of the year on the bubble and get in as a double digit seed.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2019, 07:33:22 PM »
My nits to pick for the game:

Last night was likely due to the fact that they have 7'3" Johnny Bravo roaming the paint...

I was kind of partial to calling him Tall Morrissey.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2019, 09:14:40 PM »
I was kind of partial to calling him Tall Morrissey.
Brilliant
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2019, 09:43:51 PM »
Koby completely flipped a switch in the second half. Looked completely over his head in the first half, then leads to victory in the second.

I didn't think he looked "completely over his head" at all.

He handled the ball fine, didn't have any turnovers, initiated the offense fine, defended his man well.

He missed some shots, including one horrible looking airball, and he wasn't quite aggressive enough.

The coach who is too stupid to run a grade-school team told him to keep shooting and to be more aggressive, and Koby did much better offensively in the second half while still playing good D.

Players, like teams, always look much better when the ball goes in the net.

Of course, there were Scoopers who decided that he was the worst player in the history of mankind -- or even worse, the next Chartouny -- based on him not hitting shots for the game's first 18 minutes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2019, 05:46:16 PM »
Didn't know where else to put this:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/barstool-basketball-mailbag-how-good-is-uk-actually-will-oregon-really-get-better-lets-talk-seton-hall-and-more

Yeah, this is massive. So obviously losing the Hausers was a blow for a team that many thought would be a top-15 team and have Final Four type hopes. But here's the thing. For as good as the Hauser's were offensively, they were a bit of a mess defensively. This year? Marquette looks damn good on defense. That's how it came back against Purdue. They only made 1 more 3 than Purdue for the game and didn't shoot the ball well. That's typically an automatic loss for Marquette. With the addition of McEwen it lets Howard get in different sets. You can run Howard off the ball and off screens that way. You can put him on the ball. I still have questions about the Marquette team, but this should be a top-30 team the entire year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »
An outsider saying many of the same things being said here.   Without the vitriol, hyperbole, or personal attacks.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »
An outsider saying many of the same things being said here.   Without the vitriol, hyperbole, or personal attacks.

Its that personal touch that makes everything on the scoop mean so much more.