[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2020 Schedule news  (Read 55863 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: 2020 Schedule news
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2020, 08:49:21 PM »
I believe Finals are after Thanksgiving and administered virtually.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2020, 09:08:04 PM »
It's just too early..I always like MU having some games under their belt first before I start worrying about that game.
Worry? You Guru? Cmon

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2020, 10:32:18 PM »
I believe Finals are after Thanksgiving and administered virtually.
This is correct per the released academic schedule as of now
Goal is National Championship

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2020, 12:08:46 PM »
Regarding the Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament, per Steele:

"MU will play two games at Fiserv Forum: Nov. 10 vs. Lehigh and Nov. 14 vs. Albany.

The Golden Eagles will then play in the main bracket Nov. 21 and 22 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.

MU will play Rhode Island on Nov. 21. Central Florida and Minnesota square off on the other side of the bracket."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2020, 12:18:38 PM »
Regarding the Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament, per Steele:

"MU will play two games at Fiserv Forum: Nov. 10 vs. Lehigh and Nov. 14 vs. Albany.

The Golden Eagles will then play in the main bracket Nov. 21 and 22 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.

MU will play Rhode Island on Nov. 21. Central Florida and Minnesota square off on the other side of the bracket."

Birthday celebration against Rhode Island, that is if they are allowing fans at that point.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2020, 01:21:25 PM »
Albany and Lehigh do not appear to be games that will help us at all, but Rhode Island is usually a solid A-10 team, so that seems like a good matchup for us ... as long as we win!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2020, 01:40:40 PM »
With where we project to be next year, I could care less about advanced metrics regarding opponents.  Take any wins we can going into BE play - we will need them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »
With where we project to be next year, I could care less about advanced metrics regarding opponents.  Take any wins we can going into BE play - we will need them.

I am a pretty optimistic guy by nature. I think we can be good next season if DJ is eligible and a couple of the freshmen live up to their billing. If DJ can't play, well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »

I think MU has a sneaky good non-conference schedule this season. The non-conference schedule is stacked with quality opponents....but not elite opponents. Wisconsin, at UCLA, vs. Rhode Island, vs. Minnesota, Oklahoma State...all tough but winnable games. Including the road gavitt game, as long as they go 3-3 in that group (and beat their cupcakes), they'll be in pretty good shape heading into the conference season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2020, 04:11:47 PM »
Man, I don’t see Bucky as a winnable game. Hopefully, I am wrong on that.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2020, 04:12:58 PM »
I think MU has a sneaky good non-conference schedule this season. The non-conference schedule is stacked with quality opponents....but not elite opponents. Wisconsin, at UCLA, vs. Rhode Island, vs. Minnesota, Oklahoma State...all tough but winnable games. Including the road gavitt game, as long as they go 3-3 in that group (and beat their cupcakes), they'll be in pretty good shape heading into the conference season.
3-3 against that Murderer's Row?  That'll be a great start to Wojo's Year 7....

How do you do teal?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2020, 04:26:12 PM »
3-3 against that Murderer's Row?  That'll be a great start to Wojo's Year 7....

How do you do teal?

It's a rebuild year. Every program has them. 2-3 years of being up followed by a year of being down. As long as that's the pattern, and each cycle is as good as or better than the last one, your program is in good shape.
TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2020, 04:30:56 PM »
It's a rebuild year. Every program has them. 2-3 years of being up followed by a year of being down. As long as that's the pattern, and each cycle is as good as or better than the last one, your program is in good shape.

Hopefully this rebuild is at the absolute worst equal to Ellenson's year and at best equal to 2017.
Maigh Eo for Sam

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2020, 04:46:15 PM »
A rebuild year?  Absolutely laughable.  In order to "re"build you would have had to have built something in the first place.

2-3 years of being up?  Was I asleep during that time?  Wallowing in the purgatory of the Big East?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2020, 05:00:52 PM »

When was Duke's last rebuild year, when was Kansas's?? Or Gonzaga's?? Villanova's?? And it makes me want to puke, but Wisconsin's?? The thing is, for some schools a "rebuild" year means they get a 6 seed in the tournament, instead of the 2-3 they were/are accustomed to. You can't say EVERY school has a rebuild year without defining what "rebuild" means. I have said it before, Marquette should never have a "rebuild" year in so far as, even in a "rebuilding" year they should at the VERY least be a bubble NCAA team. If Wisconsin never has to rebuild, why should MU have to??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2020, 05:06:09 PM »
When was Duke's last rebuild year, when was Kansas's?? Or Gonzaga's?? Villanova's?? And it makes me want to puke, but Wisconsin's?? The thing is, for some schools a "rebuild" year means they get a 6 seed in the tournament, instead of the 2-3 they were/are accustomed to. You can't say EVERY school has a rebuild year without defining what "rebuild" means. I have said it before, Marquette should never have a "rebuild" year in so far as, even in a "rebuilding" year they should at the VERY least be a bubble NCAA team. If Wisconsin never has to rebuild, why should MU have to??
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2020, 05:06:36 PM »

Novas was 2011-13 two crappy seeds one no postseason. People calling for Jay's job.

WI closest was probably the half year going they were awful when Bo retired mid season.

Zags prior to their first elite 8

Duke, I believe when Wojo was there and K had surgery?

Kansas no idea.

But seeing as two of those programs are Obviously paying and one only has to beat one occasionally two good but not great team every year they aren't great comps.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2020, 07:04:18 PM »

In 2017-18, UW finished under .500.  A rebuild year.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2020, 10:32:57 PM »

In 2017-18, UW finished under .500.  A rebuild year.

Forgot that happened
Maigh Eo for Sam

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2020, 10:36:02 PM »

Kansas chests.

Duke allegedly cheats.

Villanova has had to rebuild.

Wisconsin is the state program and kids in the state love to play for the state program now.

Gonzaga starts the year 18-0 with their conference.  Not many teams have to rebuild when playing in that conference.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2020, 10:41:54 PM »
A rebuild year?  Absolutely laughable.  In order to "re"build you would have had to have built something in the first place.

2-3 years of being up?  Was I asleep during that time?  Wallowing in the purgatory of the Big East?

Wojo took over for a team that missed the NIT. His first recruiting cycle resulted in: no postseason (rebuild year), no postseason but better, 10 seed. His second cycle resulted in NIT (rebuild year), 5 seed, and somewhere between an 8 and a 10 seed. He improved from one cycle to the next. If the next cycle is better than this last one, then he will continue to have a job. If he doesn't, he will be gone.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »

Duke? 2016.
Kansas? 2019.
Gonzaga? 2016.
Villanova? 2019.
Wisconsin? 2018.

Every school (except maybe 2*) has rebuild years. All I mean by that is that it is a year where they lose a lot from the previous season's roster and don't have results that match their recent levels of success. A rebuild is going to look different for different programs. For a program like Duke, a rebuild year is going to result in a 4 seed. For a program like Marquette, it could mean the NIT. The goal is to keep building your program so every cycle is better than the last one. Eventually you can get to a level where rebuild years mean you are still making the NCAAs, or even single digit seeds in the NCAAs.

Since Howard and Sammy stepped foot on campus, it was obvious that year 7 would end up being a rebuild year for MU. My hope for this season has always been that we make the tournament even if it is by the skin of our teeth. To me, that would show that the program is continuing to grow and that this cycle will be better than the last. I think if Carton is eligible, that is a real possibility. 

*Duke and Kentucky may be the only schools theoretically immune to rebuild years. They are one and done factories that rely entirely on 5-star freshmen to be successful. Every other program relies on least some of their key players being veterans who developed over a few years.
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2020, 06:43:51 AM »
Duke? 2016.
Kansas? 2019.
Gonzaga? 2016.
Villanova? 2019.
Wisconsin? 2018.

Every school (except maybe 2*) has rebuild years. All I mean by that is that it is a year where they lose a lot from the previous season's roster and don't have results that match their recent levels of success. A rebuild is going to look different for different programs. For a program like Duke, a rebuild year is going to result in a 4 seed. For a program like Marquette, it could mean the NIT. The goal is to keep building your program so every cycle is better than the last one. Eventually you can get to a level where rebuild years mean you are still making the NCAAs, or even single digit seeds in the NCAAs.

Since Howard and Sammy stepped foot on campus, it was obvious that year 7 would end up being a rebuild year for MU. My hope for this season has always been that we make the tournament even if it is by the skin of our teeth. To me, that would show that the program is continuing to grow and that this cycle will be better than the last. I think if Carton is eligible, that is a real possibility. 

*Duke and Kentucky may be the only schools theoretically immune to rebuild years. They are one and done factories that rely entirely on 5-star freshmen to be successful. Every other program relies on least some of their key players being veterans who developed over a few years.
Tom Izzo never had a rebuild year.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2020, 07:12:09 AM »
Tom Izzo never had a rebuild year.

But he is a piece of garbage
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2020, 07:14:50 AM »
But he is a piece of garbage
One mans trash is another mans treasure
                       ---Al McGuire