* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by avid1010
[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: St. Norbert Game Stream?  (Read 17497 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: St. Norbert Game Stream?
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2019, 09:50:28 PM »
At one point the scoreboard said 337-30 in favor of Marquette.

Yeah, but they only shot 30% - 162 for 540.
Have some patience, FFS.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2019, 09:55:55 PM »
Where can I find a box score??

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2019, 07:46:44 AM »
Highlights from the game.  Brendan looks bigger, Koby has a good looking shot.  Let's go Warriors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stKfVgOGlPY&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2Na_TcKgD20HdQvEDEYb3q5uKbxVNk-LMwVETYtHdBIlHOwBDfil0EWns
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2019, 07:57:52 AM »
Some thoughts on the game:

**Markus was clearly moving at about 3/4 speed.  Not due to injury, but he wasn't taking shots he normally would take.  Pretty much how I would expect a returning All-American to approach a scrimmage.

**Bailey's shot looked good, granted there wasn't anyone closing out on him like he will see in a couple of weeks.  Yeah and he does look bigger.  Someone mentioned his lack of rebounding but he was guarding smaller players on the perimeter all game.

**Koby looked good. Greg struggled offensively but will be just fine on the defensive end. Jamal still had some odd footwork issues even though he hit a couple shots.

**Theo picks up dumb fouls even when he has four inches and 40 pounds on the opponent.  Maddening.

**Of the freshmen, Symir looked smoother and more ready than Dexter, but I wouldn't expect much out of either of them to start the year.

I think these guys are going to stuggle to score at times, but I can see upside here. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2019, 08:13:55 AM »
Highlights from the game.  Brendan looks bigger, Koby has a good looking shot.  Let's go Warriors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stKfVgOGlPY&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2Na_TcKgD20HdQvEDEYb3q5uKbxVNk-LMwVETYtHdBIlHOwBDfil0EWns

Looks like we won this game about 872-0.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2019, 08:16:56 AM »
Looks like we won this game about 872-0.

Honestly it looked like I expected it to.  MU had some nerves playing in front of a crowd for the first time and that meant some offensive sloppiness.  They were playing a team that had just played the night before, but at about the 10:00 minute mark of the first half, MU's size and talent took control. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2019, 09:10:38 AM »
Some thoughts on the game:

**Markus was clearly moving at about 3/4 speed.  Not due to injury, but he wasn't taking shots he normally would take.  Pretty much how I would expect a returning All-American to approach a scrimmage.

It looked like for most of the game he was intent on working on passing and controlling the floor.  Then, sometime in the second half after a timeout, he came out swinging and started dropping bombs, as if he suddenly got the green light.  Then after a few possessions of that he sat the bench and/or settled back into the earlier mode again.  I could definitely be wrong, but it seemed like it was all on purpose as they worked on different aspects of the game.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2019, 09:17:01 AM »
Has anyone reached out to the MU athletic department or whomever would be in charge of streaming to voice their displeasure? There's no reason I can watch my High School's basketball team easier than my college's exhibition or not.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »
Has anyone reached out to the MU athletic department or whomever would be in charge of streaming to voice their displeasure? There's no reason I can watch my High School's basketball team easier than my college's exhibition or not.

It's an exhibition game.  I don't think they put much thought into it and that's probably fine.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2019, 09:28:34 AM »
It looked like for most of the game he was intent on working on passing and controlling the floor.  Then, sometime in the second half after a timeout, he came out swinging and started dropping bombs, as if he suddenly got the green light.  Then after a few possessions of that he sat the bench and/or settled back into the earlier mode again.  I could definitely be wrong, but it seemed like it was all on purpose as they worked on different aspects of the game.

I think you are correct.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2019, 09:52:08 AM »

It's an exhibition game.  I don't think they put much thought into it and that's probably fine.

I agree they didn't put much thought into it. I agree it's probably fine, I'm still unhappy though it just seems like the decent thing to do if you care about your alumni and fans, who aren't local, would be to have an MUTV stream especially with the radio issues.
Maigh Eo for Sam

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2019, 10:09:31 AM »
Here is one of my all time favorites.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2019, 10:20:44 AM »
Here is one of my all time favorites.

Came out hot that game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
I agree they didn't put much thought into it. I agree it's probably fine, I'm still unhappy though it just seems like the decent thing to do if you care about your alumni and fans, who aren't local, would be to have an MUTV stream especially with the radio issues.

Yeah it's such an easy thing to do now. The fact they don't even stream it is pretty pathetic. But whatever.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2019, 03:11:34 PM »
Yeah it's such an easy thing to do now. The fact they don't even stream it is pretty pathetic. But whatever.

I believe the game was shown locally so the broadcast rights were already sold.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2019, 03:20:11 PM »
I believe the game was shown locally so the broadcast rights were already sold.

Your belief is wrong. They said so on the MU game preview via gomarquette.com
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2019, 03:27:02 PM »
Your belief is wrong. They said so on the MU game preview via gomarquette.com

Okay. I thought Nielsen or someone said it was on locally. The video highlight quality suggests it was done in broadcast quality, however. If no one owned it, then it was strange it wasn't streamed.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2019, 03:41:42 PM »
I said when TWC32 was around, the exhibition was on that channel. Dennis Krause and Mac did that game. Yet, that was a couple of years a go now.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton