[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Markus Howard Scoring Record Watch  (Read 18741 times)

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Markus Howard Scoring Record Watch
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2020, 11:49:37 PM »
Howard up to 4th all time in Big East play, passing Malik Sealy today. Just Luke Harangody, Terry Dehere, and Troy Bell ahead of him.

If winning weren't enough , being this close has to be extra motivation. Go get em Markus!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2020, 04:50:13 PM »
Here's an update on where Howard stands in terms of marks he can surpass based on his current season's pace:

• 3rd in Big East Scoring: Howard is on track to pass Luke Harangody on January 24th at Butler.
  • 2nd in Big East Scoring: Howard is on track to pass Terry Dehere on January 24th at Butler.
  • Family Scoring Record: Markus is on track to pass Jordan Howard on February 1st against DePaul.
  • Big East Career Made Threes Record: Howard is on track to pass Gerry McNamara on February 1st against DePaul.
  • Career Made Threes for a Marquette Player: Howard is on track to pass Andrew Rowsey on February 9th against Butler.
  • Big East Scoring Record (Conference Only): Howard is on track to pass to pass Lawrence Moten February 12th at Villanova.
  • Siblings Scoring Record: Markus & Jordan Howard are on track to pass Cheryl & Reggie Miller February 12th at Villanova.
  • Big East Scoring Record: Howard is on track to pass Troy Bell on February 18th against Creighton.
  • Top-25 NCAA Scoring: Howard is on track to pass Byron Larkin on February 29th against Seton Hall.
  • Marquette Single Season Scoring Record: Howard is on track to break last year's record in a hypothetical second Big East Tournament game.
  • Top-5 NCAA Career Made Threes: Howard is on track to pass Chris Clemons in the Big East Tournament Title game.
  • Big East Single Season Scoring Record: Howard is on track to pass Kemba Walker in the Elite 8, assuming a Big East Tournament title game appearance.
  • 1,000 Point Season: Howard is on track to join the 1,000 points in a season club in the Final 4, assuming a Big East Tournament title game appearance.
  • 3,000 Points: Howard is on track to join the 3,000 point club in the NCAA Championship Game, assuming a Big East Tournament title game appearance.
And if we're going to get there anyway, may as well win the whole damn thing, right?  ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2020, 04:57:08 PM »
Here's an update on where Howard stands in terms of marks he can surpass based on his current season's pace:

• 3rd in Big East Scoring: Howard is on track to pass Luke Harangody on January 24th at Butler.
  • 2nd in Big East Scoring: Howard is on track to pass Terry Dehere on January 24th at Butler.
  • Family Scoring Record: Markus is on track to pass Jordan Howard on February 1st against DePaul.
  • Big East Career Made Threes Record: Howard is on track to pass Gerry McNamara on February 1st against DePaul.
  • Career Made Threes for a Marquette Player: Howard is on track to pass Andrew Rowsey on February 9th against Butler.
  • Big East Scoring Record (Conference Only): Howard is on track to pass to pass Lawrence Moten February 12th at Villanova.
  • Siblings Scoring Record: Markus & Jordan Howard are on track to pass Cheryl & Reggie Miller February 12th at Villanova.
  • Big East Scoring Record: Howard is on track to pass Troy Bell on February 18th against Creighton.
  • Top-25 NCAA Scoring: Howard is on track to pass Byron Larkin on February 29th against Seton Hall.
  • Marquette Single Season Scoring Record: Howard is on track to break last year's record in a hypothetical second Big East Tournament game.
  • Top-5 NCAA Career Made Threes: Howard is on track to pass Chris Clemons in the Big East Tournament Title game.
  • Big East Single Season Scoring Record: Howard is on track to pass Kemba Walker in the Elite 8, assuming a Big East Tournament title game appearance.
  • 1,000 Point Season: Howard is on track to join the 1,000 points in a season club in the Final 4, assuming a Big East Tournament title game appearance.
  • 3,000 Points: Howard is on track to join the 3,000 point club in the NCAA Championship Game, assuming a Big East Tournament title game appearance.
And if we're going to get there anyway, may as well win the whole damn thing, right?  ;D
Great work! (me beating a dead horse). I still cannot believe he is not in everyone's Marquette Top 5 (even some's Top 10). We may never see another like him in a MU uniform. (4 years)

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2020, 11:32:39 AM »
When Howard hit the free throws with 1:03 to play to get to 32 points, I said "jeez, after the Moten record, wouldn't it be typical for Howard to break Troy Bell's record in garbage time of another loss?" Then he went and scored 6 points in the final minute to pass Troy Bell for the all-time Big East scoring record.

One of my biggest frustrations with this late season swoon is how this could just as easily be a victory tour if the team collectively was winning. If Howard nails a three to beat 'Nova and pass Moten instead of pulling within one point in a loss, that's a great story. If he has 38 on the road at Providence to avenge the earlier in the season loss while also breaking the Big East career scoring record, that's a great story. Instead both events, which are legitimately huge records in the 40 year history of the Big East, land with dull thuds because who cares when Marquette is losing?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2020, 07:09:58 PM »
When Howard hit the free throws with 1:03 to play to get to 32 points, I said "jeez, after the Moten record, wouldn't it be typical for Howard to break Troy Bell's record in garbage time of another loss?" Then he went and scored 6 points in the final minute to pass Troy Bell for the all-time Big East scoring record.

One of my biggest frustrations with this late season swoon is how this could just as easily be a victory tour if the team collectively was winning. If Howard nails a three to beat 'Nova and pass Moten instead of pulling within one point in a loss, that's a great story. If he has 38 on the road at Providence to avenge the earlier in the season loss while also breaking the Big East career scoring record, that's a great story. Instead both events, which are legitimately huge records in the 40 year history of the Big East, land with dull thuds because who cares when Marquette is losing?

Yep. I admit that when Markus hit the 3 against Nova and the announcers were screaming about him breaking Moten's record, I said, "Who gives a shyte?" and turned off the game.

And I'm a huge Markus fan.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2020, 02:55:26 PM »
Yep. I admit that when Markus hit the 3 against Nova and the announcers were screaming about him breaking Moten's record, I said, "Who gives a shyte?" and turned off the game.

And I'm a huge Markus fan.

I'm still baffled by the Moten record getting more attention than Bell. I mean, other than stat deep divers, does anyone know how many points Jerel McNeal, Dwyane Wade, or anyone else scored in conference play?

Regardless, Bell's record fell with even less of a thud, but it felt like the bigger of the two to me.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2020, 03:13:17 PM »
Markus up to #31 on the all-time NCAA list with 2633.   
Two points behind Steph Curry.   A couple other bigger names not far ahead:  Wayman Tisdale 2661, David Robinson 2669.

It's debatable as to what constitutes a major program over the years, but about half of the 30 guys ahead of him came from "lesser" programs.

Still a realistic shot at JJ Redick @ #20 (2769).