[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Give me a break Joey  (Read 45257 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Give me a break Joey
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2019, 01:43:41 PM »
I wonder if one could FOIA the waiver, not from the NCAA but from MSU.... or at least any communications related to said waiver (from an MSU account).

I suppose it would depend on whether you could craft such a request such that it does not raise any health or privacy issues. Perhaps something along the lines of "all communications between Mr. Izzo and _________ (NCAA people) between X and Y dates pertaining to special consideration for the benefit of MSU"

Of course, you could try to FOIA the waiver, but if the waiver request is any way health-related, the request is going to be denied completely; however, if the waiver request was less about Joey and more about other peoples' actions, you might get something, even if it is heavily redacted.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2019, 01:46:18 PM »
The waiver request would be private subject to FERPA law. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2019, 02:05:44 PM »
Dear Mr. NCAA,

Markus didn’t share the ball and Coach didn’t rain him in despite a letter signed by all my teammates and my mom wouldn’t let me play for Coach Gard after a Marquette alum paid her off

Signed,

Joey Hauser
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »
All sarcasm aside, Joey has nothing to lose by trying and playing the starting school early argument. Sam may have had a stronger appeal. 

That said, Izzo is a slimy as they come based on all the sexual assaults he has continually  turned a blind eye towards--and he shouldn't be holding a job of responsibility in a college setting.  How did a dead Joe Paterno get vilified and this guy skate free as the Great Izzo on offenses far greater in number? 

And that sets up the two camps here:  Cheeks in favor of strict adherence of NCAA guidelines or many of us who favor a free market.  In between is our fear on both sides is that Slimy Tommy will get his way once again, which will infuriate both camps.  And, then there will be the Badger fans who will go  anaphylactic if Joey gets cleared while their new stiff didn't.

That said, I agree that all things Hauser should be Superbarred.  Good luck to the Hausers.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:44:20 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2019, 03:32:44 PM »
All sarcasm aside, Joey has nothing to lose by trying and playing the starting school early argument. Sam may have had a stronger appeal. 

That said, Izzo is a slimy as they come based on all the sexual assaults he has continually  turned a blind eye towards--and he shouldn't be holding a job of responsibility in a college setting.  How did a dead Joe Paterno get vilified and this guy skate free as the Great Izzo on offenses far greater in number? 

And that sets up the two camps here:  Cheeks in favor of strict adherence of NCAA guidelines or many of us who favor a free market.  In between is our fear on both sides is that Slimy Tommy will get his way once again, which will infuriate both camps.  And, then there will be the Badger fans who will go  anaphylactic if Joey gets cleared while their new stiff didn't.

That said, I agree that all things Hauser should be Superbarred.  Good luck to the Hausers.

Never understood this side of the argument for izzo.

He had nothing to do with the gymnastics program. Why would the head coach of basketball be involved or care about any of that

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2019, 03:37:25 PM »

He had nothing to do with the gymnastics program. Why would the head coach of basketball be involved or care about any of that

He's had, at least, 3 players involved with sexual assault and an assistant coach who is on camera punching a woman in a bar for not taking him up on his advances and never suspended or fired the assistant coach.  There is quite a bit of bad that has come out of MSU basketball, not just their gymnastics doctor.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2019, 03:41:27 PM »

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/10/11/tom-izzo-speaks-about-michigan-state-sexual-assault-accusations

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2019, 03:56:05 PM »
Joey doesn't issue waivers.  I think you should take up your grievance with the member institutions that form the NCAA.

Joey did know by entering early he burned a redshirt year.  Are you suggesting he didn’t
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »
He's had, at least, 3 players involved with sexual assault and an assistant coach who is on camera punching a woman in a bar for not taking him up on his advances and never suspended or fired the assistant coach.  There is quite a bit of bad that has come out of MSU basketball, not just their gymnastics doctor.

The ignorance plea and dumbfounding statements in a department lacking institutional control is always an interesting defense too. His victimhood syndrome is quite woeful. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-tom-izzo-aly-raisman-20180121-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2019, 04:36:24 PM »
Izzo is trash and his program is trash and the school is trash
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »
Is Sam asking for the same?  Whatever excuse Joey uses, Sam could use too.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2019, 07:06:01 PM »
The waiver request would be private subject to FERPA law.

If you know something we don’t, please share.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2019, 07:26:05 PM »
If you know something we don’t, please share.

I don't know anything about the letter.  But the letter would likely contain information on Joey that would require it to not be subject to FOIA laws. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2019, 07:40:02 PM »

I don't know anything about the letter.  But the letter would likely contain information on Joey that would require it to not be subject to FOIA laws.

Is butt hurt a recognised medical condition?

Just finished a very nice dinner with a very nice bottle of wine.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2019, 07:28:56 AM »
I don't think Joey has to many "smarts"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2019, 08:03:18 AM »
I don't think Joey has to many "smarts"

We have logged this post into the irony records

Signed,
The Internet
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2019, 08:25:19 AM »
If I'm Joey, I would do the exact same thing. If a player can find some kind of loophole or precedent that can help him avoid losing a year of eligibility, why not give it a shot? There is zero risk/downside here for Joey. (outside of riling up some jilted Scoopers) Why would this even bother or surprise anyone?

The only thing that surprises me is that we don't see this situation more. Why wouldn't every player who transfers file some kind of appeal? What do they have to lose?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2019, 08:58:45 AM »
If I'm Joey, I would do the exact same thing. If a player can find some kind of loophole or precedent that can help him avoid losing a year of eligibility, why not give it a shot? There is zero risk/downside here for Joey. (outside of riling up some jilted Scoopers) Why would this even bother or surprise anyone?

The only thing that surprises me is that we don't see this situation more. Why wouldn't every player who transfers file some kind of appeal? What do they have to lose?

Agree 100% with this take.

Otherwise, though, my only comment is that this whole thread belongs in the Superbar. The Hausers are no longer Hangin' at the Al. They matter less to Marquette basketball than you and I do.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warrior2008

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2019, 09:04:02 AM »
Why do we care again that Joey is seeking a waiver to play immediately?  He doesn't play for us anymore and we have a preseason top 25 team.  Not to mention the NCAA rules are ridiculous as it is that players are forced to sit for a year by some archaic transfer rule. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:29:49 AM by Warrior2008 »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2019, 09:34:46 AM »
He doesn't play for us anymore and we have a preseason top 25 team.

Source?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2019, 07:49:00 PM »
He only writes the easy letters.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2019, 12:20:55 PM »
Now Becky’s transfer is lawyered up and appealing.

Kids crying about the rules. Smh
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2019, 12:30:09 PM »
Now Becky’s transfer is lawyered up and appealing.

Kids crying about the rules. Smh
And of course, UW and OSU are fine with the kid playing first semester, since it only affects non conference games, and would help.conference RPI if he played.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2019, 01:06:44 PM »
Best part about this article was Izzo calling Joey physical and a better defender than he thought.

Made me laugh.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Pakuni

• All American