[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Women's Basketball Thread  (Read 136296 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: MU Women's Basketball Thread
« Reply #1525 on: April 18, 2024, 12:01:24 PM »
Might need an IP check
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1526 on: April 18, 2024, 12:01:48 PM »
If anything, the self importance is consistent.

I’m not upset about anything.

Why would I assume? I didn’t. I asked. And so far no one has posted that they weren’t talking about my posts. In fact several then posted directly to me.

I think I just pointed out that one of your trusted posters didn’t have accurate information.

You replied to me, not the other way around.

Why aren’t we discussing the resume of Cara Consuegra? Why aren’t we discussing that Boggess and Gillespie were the top two choices until the ball was fumbled. Why aren’t we discussing the other names prior to Boggess and Gillespie that declined interest in the job? Why aren’t we discussing why it took so long? Why aren’t we discussing that MU used a search firm to end up with this result?

Prior to the search, Mike Broeker tweeted this:

https://x.com/mikebroeker/status/1775630119589097554?s=46&t=TsCCkuE48YmnkWfoKqc_Ng

Do you think this is a “lion” hire?

Am I not allowed to say that because some people here may be friendly with Mike or Bill? They’re both good guys by the way. Is there a book of rules of what I’m allowed to talk about and how? Are we going by the content of posts, or by whether or not the poster is part of some secret message board society? How many posts does one need, a thousand, ten thousand?

Maybe I’ve provided, accurate, timely, information objectively, without bias or negativity. Maybe that’s new here. And maybe it’s difficult for a vocal minority of MU fans to hear anything less than Seashells and Balloons. (See there, I used an MU Rah Rah reference to be part of the group)

We aren't discussing those things because you've turned this thread into a referendum on your integrity.  And if you want to continue please, I love stupid topics like this.

I was absolutely cordial with you from the jump, and you've been nothing but an arrogant dick head to me.

You're allowed to talk about whatever you want, but don't expect others to suck you off for information.  Especially, when the information wasn't accurate.   8-)

Tarragona

• Walk-On
« Reply #1527 on: April 18, 2024, 12:07:29 PM »
LOL

Respect is earned, not given. You show up out of the blue and expect everyone to take what you say as gospel, despite you obviously posting things that were not accurate then or now.

Obviously this isn't the case now, nor was it then.

Obviously this isn't the case now, nor was it then.

You were surprised by one of the people in the gif, and that turned out to be the person it was. Makes it seem like maybe you weren't quite as inside as you acted if the actual hire was a candidate you didn't expect to be in the mix.

Nope.

I don't post a ton publicly on behind the scenes stuff for multiple reasons. I try to avoid burning sources or giving out information that is still in flux because sometimes assumptions prove inaccurate and sometimes stating things as fact that aren't yet the case can actively harm the process. You came in and started talking about this search immediately, posting information that was later proved demonstrably false, and you wonder why people might question your credibility or intentions?

As Hards said, respect here is earned over time. If this was just a case of trying in good faith to give information and getting it wrong, then stick around and continue to prove your intentions. If not, then as you said you can "pick up the ball and home." But don't act like the aggrieved party because you came in, stirred up a bunch of discussion, and ended up the target of suspicion when your information was wrong.

That’s a lot of words to say I didn’t have accurate information. Repeating that over and over again doesn’t make it true. I’ve even offered up other specific people to approach about the topic, to not just take my word for it. Seeing as you’re such an insider and all, they’d be happy to talk with you about it.

But your initial reply is that I must not be a Marquette fan to post what I posted throughout the process. 1) I am, not that it matters. 2) Does one have to be an MU fan to post? 3) Does all of the content have to paint MU in a glowing light or everyone associated with MU? Is that the rule?

Oh, and yes, respect is both earned, and a two way street. You haven’t earned mine yet.

These are your respected posters and insiders Hards Alumni. It seems to be the same 20%. But you did warn me 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1528 on: April 18, 2024, 12:11:16 PM »
That’s a lot of words to say I didn’t have accurate information. Repeating that over and over again doesn’t make it true. I’ve even offered up other specific people to approach about the topic, to not just take my word for it. Seeing as you’re such an insider and all, they’d be happy to talk with you about it.

But your initial reply is that I must not be a Marquette fan to post what I posted throughout the process. 1) I am, not that it matters. 2) Does one have to be an MU fan to post? 3) Does all of the content have to paint MU in a glowing light or everyone associated with MU? Is that the rule?

Oh, and yes, respect is both earned, and a two way street. You haven’t earned mine yet.

These are your respected posters and insiders Hards Alumni. It seems to be the same 20%. But you did warn me

He's not wrong though.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1529 on: April 18, 2024, 12:14:12 PM »

"Newcomer" (despite knowing a bunch of long running phrases) comes to Scoop so people can thank him for his important information.  Gets all of his information wrong.  Cries about a lack of respect and threatens to leave.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1530 on: April 18, 2024, 12:16:29 PM »
"Newcomer" (despite knowing a bunch of long running phrases) comes to Scoop so people can thank him for his important information.  Gets all of his information wrong.  Cries about a lack of respect and threatens to leave.

The funny thing about the "threatening to leave" point, is that he's a poster that has been repeatedly banned here, and no one was really sad about that.

Everyone actually WANTS him to leave.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Tarragona

• Walk-On
« Reply #1531 on: April 18, 2024, 12:32:01 PM »
He's not wrong though.

About what?

Feel free to go back and walk through all of my posts.

It was news to quite a few people that Consuegra was named MUWBB coach at the 11th hour.

Why is the agent of Kristen Gillespie tweeting today: “How you treat people matters?”

Why didn’t Skim Milkey ever once tweet about Consuegra until the end of the process? Why did he tell me he was told 10 minutes before posting that the new HC would be Consuegra?

Why after Skim posted Raterman, Barnes, Harper did I immediately post I didn’t have those as the candidates? And that sometimes things aren’t always what they seem. This means he’s sometimes asked to tweet dofferent things for different reasons. Then a day after I posted that here he posted Boggess and Gillespie?

Why did I contend the entire time that it was always 1) Boggess 2) Gillespie, despite any other rumors?

Why did things get very quiet for 8 days after Boggess took the Toledo job?

Why did I mention that Pohlman was contacted and declined interest, or Thibault-Dudonis or the many other people involved in the search.

Why not talk with Mike or Bill or Kyle or Brian or Ginny or Kristen or Skim about it? No need to take just my word for it. I’m offering off many specific names of people?

What is everyone else contributing?

This is about a few people who aren’t even MUWBB fans, getting upset because the MUWBB search didn’t go as they’d hoped. Let’s attack the messenger because we don’t like the message.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:40:44 PM by Tarragona »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1532 on: April 18, 2024, 12:38:14 PM »
About what?

It was news to quite a few people that Consuegra was named MUWBB coach at the 11th hour.

Why is the agent of Kristen Gillespie tweeting today: “How you treat people matters?”

Why didn’t Skim Milkey ever once tweet about Consuegra until the end of the process? Why did he tell me he was told 10 minutes before posting that the new HC would be Consuegra?

Why after Skim posted Raterman, Barnes, Harper did I immediately post I didn’t have those as the candidates? And that sometimes things aren’t always what they seem. This means he’s sometimes asked to tweet dofferent things for different reasons. Then a day after I posted that here he posted Boggess and Gillespie?

Why did I contend the entire time that it was always 1) Boggess 2) Gillespie, despite any other rumors?

Why did I mention that Pohlman was contacted and declined interest, or Thibault-Dudonis or the many other people involved in the search.

Why not talk with Mike or Bill or Kyle or Brian or Ginny or Kristen or Skim about it? No need to take just my word for it. I’m offering off many specific names of people?

Just say you got it wrong and move on.  You served this one into the net, it happens to everyone.

Except Sultan.  :P

• All American
« Reply #1533 on: April 18, 2024, 12:40:51 PM »
Oh I've been wrong here a ton. I just admit it and move on. Not create multiple, multi-paragraph posts in response.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1534 on: April 18, 2024, 12:41:32 PM »
Oh I've been wrong here a ton. I just admit it and move on. Not create multiple, multi-paragraph posts in response.

That’s because you’re tribal

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1535 on: April 18, 2024, 01:26:44 PM »
Anybody heard anything about where Hare might end up?  I’ve heard about one visit for Karlen but not much about Hare.

Villanova’s Lucy Olsen is going to Iowa.  Villanova had a couple more players enter the transfer portal after Olson did.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1536 on: April 18, 2024, 01:28:55 PM »
Meeting with the team - https://x.com/marquettewbb/status/1781026346036060242?s=12

Is that Lee Volker in that picture?  I think it is so maybe she’s considering remaining at MU now.  I don’t see Forbes here but think I spotted her in a pic they posted on Facebook.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 01:53:08 PM by Marquette Fan »

Tarragona

• Walk-On
« Reply #1537 on: April 18, 2024, 01:36:49 PM »
Anybody heard anything about where Hare might end up?  I’ve heard about one visit for Karlen but not much about Hare.

Villanova’s Lucy Olsen is going to Iowa.  Villanova had a couple more players enter the transfer portal after Olson did.

I previously posted a list of some of the schools that reached out to her. I can give you one I heard more than others. I will send you a private message shortly with that.

I also posted recently about Karlen. I can add that info to it.

Give me a few minutes. Thanks.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1538 on: April 18, 2024, 01:42:07 PM »
About what?

This is about a few people who aren’t even MUWBB fans, getting upset because the MUWBB search didn’t go as they’d hoped. Let’s attack the messenger because we don’t like the message.

That's a lot of words to say, "I was wrong when I told everyone Gillespie was MU's women's basketball coach."

Tarragona

• Walk-On
« Reply #1539 on: April 18, 2024, 01:49:43 PM »

Sent you a private message.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1540 on: April 18, 2024, 02:41:24 PM »
Say what you will, but St. Louis sucks

Darn you, Unk. Once again, you wrote what I was thinking.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tarragona

• Walk-On
« Reply #1541 on: April 18, 2024, 02:44:56 PM »
Brian Stanchak tweets today: “How you treat others matters.”

And look who clicked rhe like button:

Ginny Boggess, and Brittany Carper (wife of Kristen Gillespie)

Probably just a random coincidence.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1542 on: April 18, 2024, 02:49:07 PM »

So now the people who you claim were offered the job but turned it down unexpectedly are butthurt about the position being filled by someone else?

Odd.

• All American
« Reply #1543 on: April 18, 2024, 02:49:12 PM »

As I said before...its incredibly ironic.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1544 on: April 18, 2024, 03:15:37 PM »

I bet he thinks Yadier Molina has a higher war than Jason Kendall, too

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1545 on: April 18, 2024, 04:38:28 PM »
About what?

Been there, done that.

Don't know. Why did he tweet the exact same thing on April 27, 2023? Why did he tweet the exact same thing on March 25, 2023? And why did Brittany Carper like it ALL THREE TIMES?!? Did they know when the 2023 NCAA Tournament was going on that this would all come to pass more than a year later!?! OMG CONSPIRACY!!!

Why does Jon Rothstein tweet "Stay hungry, Stay humble" damn near every day? Some people tweet things repetitively. Doesn't mean it actually means anything.

Because he gets a lot of information from agents and probably wasn't in contact with anyone in the Consuegra camp.

Maybe because he also didn't have good information. It happens. I had a number of sources telling me Maxi Langenfeld was likely coming here, then it seemed to be confirmed by multiple German sources, and now apparently he's not. Sometimes the information isn't as good as it sounds.

I imagine because you didn't have good information. Which again, happens.

You are really trying hard to play the victim here. You came in, threw a bunch of stuff at the wall, and none of it stuck. Now that you are faced with that reality, you're trying to create a narrative that you were somehow right all along and are being victimized here instead of just owning the reality that you were wrong.

As withoutbias wrote, you are spending a lot of words saying everything but "sorry, I was wrong." Here, I'll help you out:

That’s a lot of words to say I didn’t have accurate information. Repeating that over and over again doesn’t make it true. I’ve even offered up other specific people to approach about the topic, to not just take my word for it. Seeing as you’re such an insider and all, they’d be happy to talk with you about it.[/url]
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tarragona

• Walk-On
« Reply #1546 on: April 18, 2024, 04:52:29 PM »
Been there, done that.

Don't know. Why did he tweet the exact same thing on April 27, 2023? Why did he tweet the exact same thing on March 25, 2023? And why did Brittany Carper like it ALL THREE TIMES?!? Did they know when the 2023 NCAA Tournament was going on that this would all come to pass more than a year later!?! OMG CONSPIRACY!!!

Why does Jon Rothstein tweet "Stay hungry, Stay humble" damn near every day? Some people tweet things repetitively. Doesn't mean it actually means anything.

Because he gets a lot of information from agents and probably wasn't in contact with anyone in the Consuegra camp.

Maybe because he also didn't have good information. It happens. I had a number of sources telling me Maxi Langenfeld was likely coming here, then it seemed to be confirmed by multiple German sources, and now apparently he's not. Sometimes the information isn't as good as it sounds.

I imagine because you didn't have good information. Which again, happens.

You are really trying hard to play the victim here. You came in, threw a bunch of stuff at the wall, and none of it stuck. Now that you are faced with that reality, you're trying to create a narrative that you were somehow right all along and are being victimized here instead of just owning the reality that you were wrong.

As withoutbias wrote, you are spending a lot of words saying everything but "sorry, I was wrong." Here, I'll help you out:

That’s a lot of words to say I didn’t have accurate information. Repeating that over and over again doesn’t make it true. I’ve even offered up other specific people to approach about the topic, to not just take my word for it. Seeing as you’re such an insider and all, they’d be happy to talk with you about it.[/url]

That’s a lot of words for someone who said nothing throughout the process, and for someone who apparently doesn’t post often about MUWBB. It would have helped to have posted before. You could have even have sent a private message. You sure are awfully chatty after the fact. Snd your first reply was to say they aren’t Marquette fans and follow it up with inaccurate and uninformed information. That’s some character revealed right there.

But hey attack the messenger because you can’t handle the message. Whatever works for ya.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1547 on: April 18, 2024, 04:56:39 PM »
I don't have all of my conversations on a public forum like this. Largely because of exactly what happened here. You got it wrong, refuse to admit that, and seem to think that's people "attacking" you. Take ownership or don't, that's up to you.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #1548 on: April 18, 2024, 05:03:09 PM »
The vodka tonic I just finished sure helped while I got caught up on the MU WBB coaching search.

Best of luck to Coach Consuegra.

Tarragona

• Walk-On
« Reply #1549 on: April 18, 2024, 05:11:37 PM »
I don't have all of my conversations on a public forum like this. Largely because of exactly what happened here. You got it wrong, refuse to admit that, and seem to think that's people "attacking" you. Take ownership or don't, that's up to you.

You keep trying to make this about me instead of Marquette. I shared about 10% of what I knew when I knew it. You had every opportunity to say this isn’t accurate or correct or that isn’t accurate or correct at the time. You could have done so publicly or privately without revealing much of anything. It’s not until well after the process that you jump in to defend all things Marquette. We all want Marquette to maximize success. Well at least myself and Marquette Fan who actually discuss MUWBB.

Everything I said that happened, happened. I kindly shared information I had when I had it.  You may not like that. And you may not like how MU looks in the process. I also offered up many names of people that you can contact about it.

feedback