[Today at 05:26:50 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pole Dancers at Kansas’ Madness  (Read 14438 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Pole Dancers at Kansas’ Madness
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2019, 09:32:17 PM »
You worked at IU and KU under those scummy admins. You weren't a just fan or a just a student. Those are two of the highest profile universities in college basketball.  Both cheated including under your buddies Crean and Fred Glass. KU ticket scandal?  Squirmy.

Why wouldn't you be on their Scoops proclaiming your moral stance?  The NCAA is dead. Long live the Cartel!

Criticizing? I think someone here outed him as one of Crean's biggest defenders on Indiana boards.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2019, 09:33:33 PM »
You worked at IU and KU under those scummy admins. You weren't a just fan or a just a student. Those are two of the highest profile universities in college basketball.  Both cheated including under your buddies Crean and Fred Glass. KU ticket scandal?  Squirmy.

Why wouldn't you be on their Scoops proclaiming your moral stance?  The NCAA is dead. Long live the Cartel!

LOL.  I was an intern at KU, as I stated.  A 22 year old kid.  Spent most of my time with the football program.  IU, I was 25 years old, as a grad assistant.  But sure. 

KU ticket scandal happened two decades after I left KU, are you getting mixed up again with NIT games that we got turned down for despite your protestations?  Crean cheated? Fred Glass cheated?  Please say more.

Why wouldn't I be on there....because quite frankly I'm not that big a fan of either program.  From a distance, sure, but not anywhere close to MU.  Take a look at my office, covered with MU stuff...NADA with IU or KU.  Take a look at my home, I have one KU and IU penant in the garage along with a ton of MU stuff.  I have a few IU shirts, no KU stuff.  Sorry, but when you spend 10 years of your life at one institution as a student and employee, send a child there, marry a woman with ties to the school, best friends from there, etc, etc  vs spending a TOTAL of 2.5 years at KU and IU COMBINED....yeah, going to be a little different.

Has this session helped  you?

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2019, 09:37:01 PM »
Cheeks is right about the Iowa kid, wrong about the others.

But his continued citing of George Carlin convinces me he didn't really get Carlin.
Carlin understood the difference between punching up and punching down, and he didn't punch down.
Shane Gillis spewing racist tropes and Kevin Hart saying he'd beat his son if the boy were gay is punching down (and also not funny, btw).

This video of Carlin has been making the rounds since the Gillis brouhaha.  He was right then and it's still right today.

https://youtu.be/F8yV8xUorQ8

Lastly, what happened to the Cheeks that demanded people face consequences?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2019, 09:51:00 PM »
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of death (hypocrisy) surrounds you

Hmm, I wonder who said this...I guess you and Dr. Blackheart missed it.   What was that about hypocrisy?

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48179.msg748542#msg748542

"As for Knight running his program the right way....that's somewhat disingenious.  The old timers at IU will tell you plenty about the stuff some of his teams were doing and how the Bloomington police department kept guys off the front pages.  The world has changed.  Social media, etc.  It's a different world.  Doesn't make him any less a great coach, but people make it sound like the 12 cherubs were on those teams.  Hardly.  Plenty of drugs, booze, women, etc....get in a room with the old coaching staffs and the stories are funny as hell."

Pretty sure this is me   https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42600.msg586179#msg586179

Yup, me still  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39581.msg512050#msg512050

There look to be about 50 to 100 other posts of similar vein.  I invite you to use search, it really is a nice feature of MUScoop. 

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2019, 11:04:44 PM »
Hmm, I wonder who said this...I guess you and Dr. Blackheart missed it.   What was that about hypocrisy?

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=48179.msg748542#msg748542

"As for Knight running his program the right way....that's somewhat disingenious.  The old timers at IU will tell you plenty about the stuff some of his teams were doing and how the Bloomington police department kept guys off the front pages.  The world has changed.  Social media, etc.  It's a different world.  Doesn't make him any less a great coach, but people make it sound like the 12 cherubs were on those teams.  Hardly.  Plenty of drugs, booze, women, etc....get in a room with the old coaching staffs and the stories are funny as hell."

Pretty sure this is me   https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42600.msg586179#msg586179

Yup, me still  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=39581.msg512050#msg512050

There look to be about 50 to 100 other posts of similar vein.  I invite you to use search, it really is a nice feature of MUScoop.

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2011/10/11/2484603/tom-crean-commits-recruiting-violation-involving-gary-harris
https://www.espn.co.uk/espn/otl/news/story?id=6587668
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/news/story?id=5223151

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2019, 11:09:30 PM »
Criticizing? I think someone here outed him as one of Crean's biggest defenders on Indiana boards.

Ooh, was it some of the same detectives that insist I am Billy Hoyle, too?  Yes, some amazing detectives here.  LOL.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2019, 11:13:41 PM »
Cheeks is right about the Iowa kid, wrong about the others.

But his continued citing of George Carlin convinces me he didn't really get Carlin.
Carlin understood the difference between punching up and punching down, and he didn't punch down.
Shane Gillis spewing racist tropes and Kevin Hart saying he'd beat his son if the boy were gay is punching down (and also not funny, btw).

This video of Carlin has been making the rounds since the Gillis brouhaha.  He was right then and it's still right today.

https://youtu.be/F8yV8xUorQ8

Lastly, what happened to the Cheeks that demanded people face consequences?

Oh stop, there is a reason why comedians have blasted SNL for the Gillis stuff.  Kevin Hart, same thing.  It was ridiculous.  Thankfully saner minds like Seinfeld and others are calling this crap out.

Carlin was not for limiting free speech or penalizing someone for having thoughts, and that is exactly what this stuff is.  He would rail against the snowflake culture in a heartbeat.  I am fine with people facing consequences, but who gets to decide what is acceptable and not....and furthermore, retroactively penalizing someone for something they said 20 years earlier is epic, bullshyte.  Carlin also blasted political correctness time and time again, and that is at the core of this crap.  Safe spaces...my God Carlin would have had a field day.  The second video will make some of you have your heads explode and he would be attacked for saying it...cancel culture.

https://youtu.be/G9n8Xp8DWf8

https://youtu.be/asZ1R-Xylj4
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 11:32:52 PM by Cheeks »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2019, 11:16:19 PM »
https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2011/10/11/2484603/tom-crean-commits-recruiting-violation-involving-gary-harris
https://www.espn.co.uk/espn/otl/news/story?id=6587668
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/news/story?id=5223151

Crean and IU reported the violation to the NCAA.  Didn’t lie to the AD, etc, etc.  Surely you can do better than this.  Incidentally he broke a rule or two at MU, and also reported them to the NCAA.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 11:36:37 PM by Cheeks »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2019, 11:54:02 PM »
Cheeks ... you're missing the point, I suspect intentionally, because as obvious as it is, it contradicts your sense of viictimhood (oh, woe is us, we can't make racist and homophobic jokes anymore without consequences!).

Who gets to decide what is acceptable? Everyone!
You think it's hilarious to joke about beating up gay kids? Go like Kevin Hart's tweets and see his next terrible movie. You think Shane Gillis' racial slurs are cute? Great. Listen to his podcast and buy tickets next time he comes to your town. If you find value in that kind of work, support it.
On the other hand, if Lorne Michaels decides Gillis' humor isn't what he wants on his show, then he gets to fire him. And if the Academy doesn't want a host who makes homophobic jokes, they can choose not to have him host their show.
Free market, right? Nobody is stopping these guys from saying what they want to say. But if they say things the audience disagrees with, the audience has the right to reject them.

As for the rest, Drew Magary said it better than I could.

https://gen.medium.com/i-regret-to-inform-you-the-comedians-are-filling-their-big-diapers-again-b20152ba45ac

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2019, 06:37:57 AM »
Cheeks ... you're missing the point, I suspect intentionally, because as obvious as it is, it contradicts your sense of viictimhood (oh, woe is us, we can't make racist and homophobic jokes anymore without consequences!).

You think it's hilarious to joke about beating up gay kids? Go like Kevin Hart's tweets and see his next terrible movie. You think Shane Gillis' racial slurs are cute? Great. Listen to his podcast and buy tickets next time he comes to your town. If you find value in that kind of work, support it.
On the other hand, if Lorne Michaels decides Gillis' humor isn't what he wants on his show, then he gets to fire him. And if the Academy doesn't want a host who makes homophobic jokes, they can choose not to have him host their show.
Free market, right? Nobody is stopping these guys from saying what they want to say. But if they say things the audience disagrees with, the audience has the right to reject them.

https://gen.medium.com/i-regret-to-inform-you-the-comedians-are-filling-their-big-diapers-again-b20152ba45ac
+1

It is obvious to everyone other than the full-time professional victim
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2019, 07:01:06 AM »
+1

It is obvious to everyone other than the full-time professional victim

Y'all gotta stop pickin' on hoopaloop. It's not easy being a white Christian male in America. Those unfortunate folks like him, they just can't catch a single break, and that's the way it's always been.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2019, 08:49:36 AM »
Same old. Same old.

You guys have let this creep take another thread down the drain. It will be shut down soon.

Just like another sick narcissist, arguments are his source of energy.

IGNORE him and make Scoop a more pleasant experience.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2019, 09:10:26 AM »

I want consistency.  Do I think they are funny or cute...didn’t say either way.  But when one comedian can say it without impunity, but another one is fired for the same offense...I have a big problem with that.  And when you say everyone, that implies everyone is on board with the decision.  Why are so many comics pissed about Giles decision?  Are you going to claim they are woe is me victims, your standard default nonsense? 

And you were wrong on Carlin, it is ok to just admit it.  Drew comes from the entitled hypocrisy filled Deadspin / Kissing Susie group that has the consistency of purée.  One set of rules for them, different set for others. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2019, 09:12:41 AM »
Y'all gotta stop pickin' on hoopaloop. It's not easy being a white Christian male in America. Those unfortunate folks like him, they just can't catch a single break, and that's the way it's always been.

Another racial and religious, gender comment by Mike....always in his playbook...always...ready to unleash whenever he can.  Same old same old.  Identity attacks ...the height of hypocrisy that Mike knows all to well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2019, 10:11:05 AM »
Another racial and religious, gender comment by Mike....always in his playbook...always...ready to unleash whenever he can.  Same old same old.  Identity attacks ...the height of hypocrisy that Mike knows all to well.

It wasn't an attack. I feel very sorry for your plight, and I commend you for being able to overcome the extreme difficulties that go with being a white Christian male in America. Thoughts and prayers for your continued survival.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2019, 10:17:20 AM »
I want consistency.  Do I think they are funny or cute...didn’t say either way.  But when one comedian can say it without impunity, but another one is fired for the same offense...I have a big problem with that. 

You are right.  Eddie Murphy is contemplating a come back to stand up even though what he said in RAW was much worse than what Silverman did.  Some coaches get fired even though their team is moderately successful while others are retained even if they are Jason Garrett.  Some people are bashed by critics for wearning a tan suit while those same critics excuse something much worse.

Life in a free society.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2019, 10:25:30 AM »
I want consistency.  Do I think they are funny or cute...didn’t say either way.  But when one comedian can say it without impunity, but another one is fired for the same offense...I have a big problem with that.

Examples, please. Like, when in the last three decades did an SNL cast member go on the air and talk about all the "f---ing ch*nks" living in Chinatown and face no negative consequences? When did the host of an awards show say he would beat up his kid for being gay with impunity?

And when you say everyone, that implies everyone is on board with the decision. 

Why does everyone have to be on board with the decision? That's stupid. Everyone has a right to decide what they find acceptable. Not everyone has to agree on what is acceptable. If Person A is OK with Shane Gillis' remarks, that person is free to support Shane Gillis. If Person A is outraged by SNL's decision to fire him, stop watching SNL. Write a letter. Tweet angrily about it. Organize a boycott.
And plenty of people do support that kind of comedy, a fact which destroys your "people get canceled" narrative. Guys like bill Burr, Adam Carolla and Joe Rogan has become wealthy and famous by playing the aggrieved white man because there's an audience for it. They're not getting canceled. They're getting rich.

Why are some comics complaining? Because that's what they do. I assume you didn't actually read Magary's piece based on your ad hominem response, but you should. As he points out, there's nothing new in this debate, and nothing new about some comics' response to it.

And you were wrong on Carlin, it is ok to just admit it.

Protip: Declaring yourself "right" is an amateurish rhetorical trick that never works.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2019, 10:59:32 AM »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2019, 11:58:33 AM »
In before the lock.

Besides this was about pole dancers.  Need more pics.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2019, 10:20:03 PM »

feedback