[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Excellent Research Report on Creighton Roster  (Read 2219 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Excellent Research Report on Creighton Roster
« on: September 29, 2019, 11:17:29 AM »
Creighton beat writer prepares an excellent research report with player by player analysis on Creighton roster. In general the Blue Jays are recovering from a lot of injuries. Thus, it may take a while for them to gain momentum as the Jays have a tough non conference schedule.

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/player-progress-report-takeaways-from-creighton-basketball-s-summer-workouts/article_8cfa014e-5fe2-5fdc-8924-2ff2f28774d7.html

I always enjoy our games with Creighton. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Excellent Research Report on Creighton Roster
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 11:35:29 AM »
Creighton beat writer prepares an excellent research report with player by player analysis on Creighton roster. In general the Blue Jays are recovering from a lot of injuries. Thus, it may take a while for them to gain momentum as the Jays have a tough non conference schedule.

https://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/player-progress-report-takeaways-from-creighton-basketball-s-summer-workouts/article_8cfa014e-5fe2-5fdc-8924-2ff2f28774d7.html

I always enjoy our games with Creighton.

You forgot which team’s forum you were on Gus.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 07:33:35 PM »
I appreciate reading previews like this here. We'll play Creighton at least twice this season. This was an in-depth, well-written piece. And it's good to have an early look at a team many project to finish in the top half of the Big East -- which makes them a likely NCAA team and quality opponent.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 08:30:41 PM »
Thanks Herman, always good to read an in depth breakdown of conference foes to help pass the last of the off season time. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 08:34:30 PM »
I think Creighton's success relies on Jacob Epperson. Christian Bishop and Kelvin Jones simply haven't shown themselves to be high-major starters at the 5. They're going to score, but I'm not sure they can keep up the defensive pressure they applied in the last month of 2018-19 without rim protection. This team, to me, is a near clone of Marquette's 2017-18 team. Great shooters, great offensive ability, but questions on the defensive end and at the 5 will determine how far they can go.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 08:55:17 PM »
Epperson has played in just 21 games and 250 minutes (11.9 mpg) over the past two seasons. He's coming off season-ending surgery for a stress fracture in his back. And he had surgery on his injured right knee, as well. That's a lot of health issues for a 19-year-old big man. There's a chance he doesn't come back to competition, period.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 09:06:35 PM »
I think Creighton's success relies on Jacob Epperson. Christian Bishop and Kelvin Jones simply haven't shown themselves to be high-major starters at the 5. They're going to score, but I'm not sure they can keep up the defensive pressure they applied in the last month of 2018-19 without rim protection. This team, to me, is a near clone of Marquette's 2017-18 team. Great shooters, great offensive ability, but questions on the defensive end and at the 5 will determine how far they can go.
Bishop has a very good basketball IQ, understands the Creighton system and was effective in the minutes he played. I do not see him as a 5 though.

Epperson has played in just 21 games and 250 minutes (11.9 mpg) over the past two seasons. He's coming off season-ending surgery for a stress fracture in his back. And he had surgery on his injured right knee, as well. That's a lot of health issues for a 19-year-old big man. There's a chance he doesn't come back to competition, period.

Unfortunately, for the young man, you may be correct in your assessment.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 09:06:53 PM »

Oh, I know. That's why I think it's so worrying for them. That back injury made me think of Eke. But Jones was a mediocre rotation player for a terrible Idaho State team and Christian Bishop is undersized for the 5. I don't see how they play any defense without Epperson proving he can protect the rim. And even if he's back, will his back allow him to get up that much? Big question for them.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback