[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Joey applied for waiver  (Read 71584 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Joey applied for waiver
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2019, 10:11:13 AM »
I look forward to the reasoning behind this waiver.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2019, 02:32:19 AM »
He got beat up
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2019, 05:40:39 AM »
He got beat up

I really want to believe this.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2019, 08:03:16 PM »
   kinda related except jahvon's been in a few more beds than joey-ncaa rules no waiver to quinerly

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28060745/ncaa-give-alabama-jahvon-quinerly-waiver-play
don't...don't don't don't don't

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2019, 11:24:09 PM »
I look forward to the reasoning behind this waiver.

There aren't any good reasons that would constitute a mitigating circumstance. My guess, hopes and prayers.

MuMark

• All American

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2019, 10:17:32 PM »
Article the other day says he loves MSU, going to football games, bigger campus, etc.

Different strokes for different folks.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2019, 12:21:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/chrissolari/status/1194389212503646209?s=21

this never happens. The guy who tweeted "special treatment for elite programs" is on to something here IF the original tweet is accurate.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

🏀

• All American
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »
this never happens. The guy who tweeted "special treatment for elite programs" is on to something here IF the original tweet is accurate.

Micah Porter is also getting a hearing, so it's not just for 'elite programs'.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2019, 02:40:45 PM »
Micah Porter is also getting a hearing, so it's not just for 'elite programs'.

Thought it was a phone interview.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2019, 12:40:02 PM »
Apologies if this was posted but Joey was officially denied his waiver today. Is it now time to appeal the appealed decision?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »
Apologies if this was posted but Joey was officially denied his waiver today. Is it now time to appeal the appealed decision?

you only get one appeal. At least, that's how it's supposed to work, but maybe "elite" schools get a different set of rules on this.

That said, the correct decision was made - there was no reason for Joey to get a wavier.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2019, 12:53:53 PM »
Apologies if this was posted but Joey was officially denied his waiver today.

Good
Bring back FFP!!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
Izzo threw a fit and resigned from the NABC Board of Directors last night because of the decision. Good lord he's such a crybaby. I can't stand Tom Izzo.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2019, 01:08:21 PM »
Izzo threw a fit and resigned from the NABC Board of Directors last night because of the decision. Good lord he's such a crybaby. I can't stand Tom Izzo.

Tom Izzo is more upset about this than any of his many players that have committed sexual assaults and his university’s response to Larry Nassar.  He’s a garbage human being
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2019, 01:10:33 PM »
Fascinating.    I would still love to see (A) Joey's rationale for asking for it, and (B) what caused the NCAA to deny it.   

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2019/11/21/michigan-state-basketball-joey-hauser-eligibility-ncaa-appeal/4259356002/
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2019, 01:11:17 PM »
Too bad.  Should have been granted.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2019, 01:20:57 PM »
Fascinating.    I would still love to see (A) Joey's rationale for asking for it, and (B) what caused the NCAA to deny it.   

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2019/11/21/michigan-state-basketball-joey-hauser-eligibility-ncaa-appeal/4259356002/

Here's a guess...
(A) Why the hell not
(B) No reason to grant him one

MU82

• All American
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2019, 02:09:25 PM »
Joey Who?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2019, 02:29:06 PM »

the waivers are only granted if the transfer was caused by mitigating circumstances.  For example, being runoff, cancelation of the scholarship, something that happened at the previous institution that led the SA to feel he/she had to leave (e.g., a female SA was the victim of a sexual assault), or the need to transfer closer to home due to a family illness or personal hardship on the part of the SA (e.g., mental health). All of this must be documented.

As far as we know, Joey did not meet any of those criteria.  Markus not passing the ball and chucking 25 times a game isn't a mitigating circumstance and getting posterized by Ja Morant in the NCAA tourney didn't lead to mental issues that would rise to the level to be granted a waiver.

And I have no idea why Izzo is leaving the NABC, they have nothing to do with the decision. Probably a sense of entitlement for an elite program.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2019, 02:32:01 PM »
Joey Who?

Joey "Bag of Donuts."  Some guy.

I read the quick article and at the bottom, it said his family pushed it.  Nuff said.  He probably would have rather done a request that had a better chance of going through, but from my point of view, nothing special.  Probably easy to turn down.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »

Izzo is a baby, and his being "devastated" by this (his word) is curious in light of his response to other things that have occurred in the MSU athletic dept.
That said, he's not entirely wrong. The NCAA has been arbitrary and has lacked any semblance of transparency when deciding these things.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2019, 02:44:31 PM »
Izzo is losses because of the inconsistency by the NCAA on this.  He wants everyone to sit out a year is his preference and I don’t blame him.  This half pregnant stuff is crap.

Friends at the NCAA have told me that once the exceptions were made, Pandora’s box was ripped open.  Suddenly everyone has a sob story or reason.  Some are legit, but some are complete bullcrap and take the NCAA a lot of time and resources to track down.  Unfortunately human beings abuse the system in some cases and essentially making fraudulent claims or overselling the reasons.  (Not saying Hauser did this...General statement I am making).

Everyone sits for one year, be consistent, stop the nonsense and making the Grey area where everyone bitches. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2019, 02:45:43 PM »
the waivers are only granted if the transfer was caused by mitigating circumstances.  For example, being runoff, cancelation of the scholarship, something that happened at the previous institution that led the SA to feel he/she had to leave (e.g., a female SA was the victim of a sexual assault), or the need to transfer closer to home due to a family illness or personal hardship on the part of the SA (e.g., mental health). All of this must be documented.

As far as we know, Joey did not meet any of those criteria.  Markus not passing the ball and chucking 25 times a game isn't a mitigating circumstance and getting posterized by Ja Morant in the NCAA tourney didn't lead to mental issues that would rise to the level to be granted a waiver.

And I have no idea why Izzo is leaving the NABC, they have nothing to do with the decision. Probably a sense of entitlement for an elite program.

Is it possible for him to claim that after the letter he was "runoff" or that playing for MU lead to depression?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2019, 03:15:44 PM »
Is it possible for him to claim that after the letter he was "runoff" or that playing for MU lead to depression?

he could, but Bill Scholl and Wojo would have to confirm that and there would have to be contemporaneous medical documentation of depression at the time.

feedback