[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Joey applied for waiver  (Read 71639 times)

Marcus92

• All American
Re: Joey applied for waiver
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2019, 05:43:14 PM »
As for the tournament records of 5 seeds and 7 seeds, I wonder how much of that is statistical noise within the expected deviation range. In some cases, you may be comparing the 20th best team in the country to the 25th best. Probably not that big of a difference.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2019, 05:53:37 PM »
Another note on the 5/7 debate. Yes, a 7 has won a title, but it did so as a favorite. The only 7 to ever reach the title game ended up facing a lower seed in the Championship Game when 2014 UConn beat Kentucky. Every 5-seed to ever advance to the Championship Game has faced a 1-seed.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2019, 06:19:59 PM »
Another note on the 5/7 debate. Yes, a 7 has won a title, but it did so as a favorite. The only 7 to ever reach the title game ended up facing a lower seed in the Championship Game when 2014 UConn beat Kentucky. Every 5-seed to ever advance to the Championship Game has faced a 1-seed.

Yes. 5s have reached the final game 3 times as often as 7s. They've reached the FF twice as often.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2019, 06:23:29 PM »
As for the tournament records of 5 seeds and 7 seeds, I wonder how much of that is statistical noise within the expected deviation range. In some cases, you may be comparing the 20th best team in the country to the 25th best. Probably not that big of a difference.

There may not be much difference in the quality of the teams - but there is a significant difference in the number of games won (26). More proof that the 5s have the easier and preferable path.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2019, 06:32:09 PM »
I said I would rather be a 7 then a 5.

You said, the 5 is better for advancing to the 2nd, 3rd, and beyond then the 7 seed.  That was a false statement that you keep saying is factual....and you are exasperated because I called you out on your non factual statement.  Sorry about that, but what you said was false.  It is true up to a point, but unless BEYOND only means to a certain point (which it doesn’t) it is false.  I’m sorry you chose to use the word BEYOND.  When you said it, I knew it was off and responded back because I knew a 5 had never won it all, but a 6 and 7 had....so I knew immediately the BEYOND part of your statement was wrong.  You can be exasperated all you wish.  It is like your Hauser comment pressuring the ball in the Georgetown game.

Now you are trying to move the goalposts to suggest you didn’t really mean all of it, but most of it.  Uhm, no.

And yet you want me to man up and admit something I didn’t say was wrong, when you did?  That’s rich.

YES or NO...has a 5 seed ever held the NCAA trophy from the men’s basketball tournament?  Yes or No, has a 6 and a 7 seed done so?  Therefore, to date at least, being a 6 or 7 seed has actually proven you can go to the BEYOND and win it all....a 5 seed has not.

Sorry you are exasperated....next time say it differently and don’t get all spun up,when people ask you questions about YOUR words.

OK, so to you the NCAA tournament is a complete crapshoot.

But the fact that a 7-seed won that crapshoot exactly once in the decades that seeding has been done "proves" that it's "better" to be a 7-seed than a 5-seed, even though 5-seeds historically have been far more likely to reach the second weekend.

You be you, hoopaloop.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2019, 06:52:15 PM »
I said I would rather be a 7 then a 5.

And I retract my original statement in regards to this. "Beyond" was not correct in every instance so I retract that single word.

My intended response to this was (and is) this: yours is an uninformed opinion not supported by the facts. If, after having the facts pointed out to you you persist in this opinion, it's not just wrong. It's stubbornly pig headed.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2019, 08:36:39 PM »
I'd rather be a 7 seed than a 5 seed experiencing a locker room mutiny.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2019, 11:50:31 PM »
After all the posts and all writing and all the arguing, i still have no idea why they left. Did I miss something?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2019, 10:04:47 AM »
After all the posts and all writing and all the arguing, i still have no idea why they left. Did I miss something?

most likely

MU82

• All American
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2019, 10:11:33 AM »
Who is "they"?

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »
Who is "they"?

Chicos Bail Bonds and Keefe.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2019, 12:10:53 PM »
Chicos Bail Bonds and Keefe.

Chicos = Cheeks
Maigh Eo for Sam

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »
Who is "they"?

Anyone who doesn't want to be constrained by the limits of contemporary language to box them into some normative stereotype.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2019, 12:30:46 PM »
Non binary ppl

tower912

• All American
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2019, 12:33:20 PM »
Supposedly, Joey's reason for leaving is included in his appeal.  FOIA it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2019, 05:42:13 PM »

Cannot wait until that gets out, going to be more meat for some I am sure.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2019, 05:46:21 PM »
Cannot wait until that gets out, going to be more meat for some I am sure.

It will be fresh meat for both all sides.  Everyone will see something in it to reinforce their opinion.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »
It will be fresh meat for both all sides.  Everyone will see something in it to reinforce their opinion.

Without a doubt
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2019, 09:07:52 AM »
Seeing a lot of things on Twitter that point to Joey being eligible for the second half of the season.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2019, 09:11:21 AM »
Seeing a lot of things on Twitter that point to Joey being eligible for the second half of the season.

Hope he goes for 50 against UW
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2019, 09:24:47 AM »

better hope cassius doesn't have to tell him to get his schmit together
don't...don't don't don't don't

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
It would be odd to grant him a mid-season waiver. I wonder if it has to do with him initially enrolling in the second semester for his redshirt year. Strange decision if true. Will be interesting to see Badger heads explode when Potter doesn't get his.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »
It would be odd to grant him a mid-season waiver. I wonder if it has to do with him initially enrolling in the second semester for his redshirt year. Strange decision if true. Will be interesting to see Badger heads explode when Potter doesn't get his.

They’re making Micah Potter into the second coming of Bill Russell.  I expect 20-20 every game from him
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2019, 09:42:49 AM »
Just one more small step toward the anarchy that is going to destroy college sports.

Should be in the Doom thread!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2019, 10:10:12 AM »

Already on it.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback