[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Summer Solstice...KU expects major violations  (Read 18359 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Summer Solstice...KU expects major violations
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »
and there are plenty of reasons to the contraire pierre...predictable? not really.  pathetic?  your opinion sully, but that's where we diverge as well

You can have a dumb ass opinion, but that is all it is.  Dumb.  Ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 11:01:21 PM »
I KNEW that would draw out Tweedledum with his predictable talking point.

But stick to the topic at hand please.

Speak of the Devil...

amirite?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2019, 11:07:14 PM »
like i stated previously!  KU is high on zion.  they are willing to pay zion.  zion goes to duke.

because they have a better art department?  a bigger basketball arena?  not passing the smell test

They put all their money into the best equipment, like shoes for instance
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2019, 11:24:12 PM »
I KNEW that would draw out Tweedledum with his predictable talking point.

But stick to the topic at hand please.

It is part of the topic...they are the investigative body.  It’s funny, you guys tee off on the ncaa as an investigative body, but one that has all the resources to bear of any body in the world and they cannot be discussed in terms of whether they are adequate at their job?  Hmm...double standard much?  Considering their problems the last five years, it is very much on topic.  How good of a job did they do with this college basketball investigation? 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2019, 11:29:29 PM »
It is part of the topic...they are the investigative body.  It’s funny, you guys tee off on the ncaa as an investigative body, but one that has all the resources to bear of any body in the world and they cannot be discussed in terms of whether they are adequate at their job?  Hmm...double standard much?  Considering their problems the last five years, it is very much on topic.  How good of a job did they do with this college basketball investigation?

Just the innocent victim.  You're treated so unfairly around here.  Can never figure out why you have been banned from multiple accounts.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2019, 11:40:27 PM »
Just the innocent victim.  You're treated so unfairly around here.  Can never figure out why you have been banned from multiple accounts.

You  mad bro?  Summer Solstice not yet here....the meme not going to plan?  Midwest volleyball on the outs?  What troubles you?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2019, 12:29:45 AM »

You  mad bro?  Summer Solstice not yet here....the meme not going to plan?  Midwest volleyball on the outs?  What troubles you?

Mad? No. Amused that, after at least one permanent banning, you made a screen name to tell us about the love of your life that wasn’t your wife and how life is too short to spend on a Marquette basketball board and to apologize to Scoopers for your behavior and to tell us all you’d stay away. Then after that username also got permanently banned you came back on here and told us all that your visits here would be “limited.” Fast forward 10 months and 5,000(!) posts and here we are, behavior not having changed one bit. You’re just incapable, no matter how many usernames it takes you to tell us all you’ve changed and found the real important things in life. And then you’ll cry atop the mountains how unfairly you’re treated both in society as a rich white male and as a Scooper as a guy who’s been banned multiple times.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2019, 01:49:23 AM »

Is the volleyball thing supposed to be an insult?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2019, 05:31:13 AM »
Is the volleyball thing supposed to be an insult?

I don’t believe so....Wades liked to insult west coast vball, which is why I asked. 

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2019, 06:04:30 AM »
interesting, no mention of duke?  so KU is in a bidding war for zion, including housing and money.  zion goes to duke for the pleasure to play for coach shashefski...hmmm, nothing to see here.  duke just cooler than the others, eynn'a?

There was definitely a mention of Duke:

Gassnola replied: "In my mind, it's KU, bill self. Everyone else fall into line. Too [expletive] bad. That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I am RIGHT. The more you win, have lottery pics and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind." Self responded: "That's how ur works. At UNC and Duke." Gassnola replied at Kentucky as well.

You'd have to be top 1% gullible or top 1% bootlicker to not believe the exact same thing is going on at Duke

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2019, 06:24:32 AM »
There was definitely a mention of Duke:

Gassnola replied: "In my mind, it's KU, bill self. Everyone else fall into line. Too [expletive] bad. That's what's right for Adidas basketball. And I know I am RIGHT. The more you win, have lottery pics and you happy. That's how it should work in my mind." Self responded: "That's how ur works. At UNC and Duke." Gassnola replied at Kentucky as well.

You'd have to be top 1% gullible or top 1% bootlicker to not believe the exact same thing is going on at Duke

that's what i was referring to-thank you mr ellenson

so because duke hired some lawyers and they said everything's cool...alrighty then.  there ya have it.   duke and UNC are just smarter than the others and have smarter lawyers
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2019, 06:33:21 AM »

wow bry, congratulations-your self fulfilling personal attack added nothing to the conversation as usual 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2019, 06:37:04 AM »
Dude you’re making a half ass allegation of bias with nothing but vague circumstantial evidence. If you think that’s the case fine. But don’t expect others to simply agree.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2019, 06:55:14 AM »
Dude you’re making a half ass allegation of bias with nothing but vague circumstantial evidence. If you think that’s the case fine. But don’t expect others to simply agree.

i don't need others to simply agree.  i don't need any moral support for my suppositions, but i think anyone with average critical thinking skills knows what's going on here.  can i prove duke paid zion or any other number of the top b-ball players in the country to go to their esteemed school-nope.  can i prove UNC, kentucky, or any of the others haven't worked out other "arrangements" for their players and/or families.  one thing for sure however- they are smarter than those mentioned in the investigation.  no tears shed for those caught up in this mess. 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2019, 07:38:38 AM »
I remember saying something along the lines of KU cheats and catching a whole lotta flack for it.
A good friend of mine is a big money booster of KU and he admitted this past spring that Self is dirty, so anyone who attacked you knows nothing about KU basketball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2019, 09:22:19 AM »
Someone here clearly has no clue what the summer solstice is. The next summer solstice is June 20, 2020. The NCAA, at the absolute most liberal interpretation of their declarations, has 41 hours and 28 minutes as of this post to announce 5 level 1 violations, 2 of which must be to "high-profile" programs.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2019, 09:34:38 AM »
I don’t believe so....Wades liked to insult west coast vball, which is why I asked.

When did I ever insult West Coast volleyball? Would love to see that.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2019, 09:41:49 AM »

How is a post like this Ok?

Really, Bryan?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2019, 09:47:03 AM »
Someone here clearly has no clue what the summer solstice is. The next summer solstice is June 20, 2020. The NCAA, at the absolute most liberal interpretation of their declarations, has 41 hours and 28 minutes as of this post to announce 5 level 1 violations, 2 of which must be to "high-profile" programs.

You are 100% correct.  My mistake in usage.

That said, there is nothing liberal at all about the Summer timing.  https://www.farmersalmanac.com/the-seasons

And if they are late, I don’t particularly care as long as they level the charges.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2019, 10:04:31 AM »

The two high profile programs were supposed to come by early July.

I’ll save Cheeks the time so that he can spend it finding where I “insulted West Coast volleyball.”

THEY DIDN’T SAY JULY 2019!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:11:37 AM by wadesworld »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »
You are 100% correct.  My mistake in usage.

That said, there is nothing liberal at all about the Summer timing.  https://www.farmersalmanac.com/the-seasons

And if they are late, I don’t particularly care as long as they level the charges.

Except practices kick off a Sept. 28...so it would be great that the affected student athletes and schools would know their situations (not just those who may have taken money).

fjm

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2019, 10:30:23 AM »
Came here for information!

Instead watched a bunch of 12 year old immature internet tough guys pick on each other. Geesus.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2019, 11:10:31 AM »
The two high profile programs were supposed to come by early July.

Source?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2019, 11:11:54 AM »
Except practices kick off a Sept. 28...so it would be great that the affected student athletes and schools would know their situations (not just those who may have taken money).

Investigations work at their own speed based on cooperation of witnesses, resources, etc.  Yes, it would be nice to have bows wrapped up on this, but life isn’t so tidy I am sure you would agree.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2019, 11:17:56 AM »

Source?

“Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.“

My source is the NCAA’s VP of regulatory affairs. Now your turn. Source for me “insulting West Coast volleyball?” My guess is you’ll continue to ignore this because it only happened in your unhinged brain.

PS If this is you on “limited appearances” like you claimed when you made your (at least) 3rd username here what would “normal” appearances look like? Sheesh.