[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Espn  (Read 8447 times)

dajudge

• Starter
Espn
« on: September 12, 2019, 07:56:53 AM »
22 in most recent preseason poll

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Espn
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 08:18:54 AM »
Cool. Buried the lede.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 08:36:45 AM »
Seems fair. I think we have enough talent to be top 15, but it will depend on the coaching staff finding an offensive gameplan that makes those pieces fit together. Don't do that and there is disaster potential.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 05:31:10 PM »
2nd best player in the country per the coaches plus 5 of the remaining top 7 from last year returning. Should be seashells and balloons, a'ina?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »
2nd best player in the country per the coaches plus 5 of the remaining top 7 from last year returning. Should be seashells and balloons, a'ina?

Wait... Who are the 2 of 7 gone?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 07:10:12 PM »

Some guy ranked like 650th overall.....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 06:12:56 PM »
i think wojo has a letter about it

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 08:17:21 PM »

Go Marquette get Lenny?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 08:36:32 PM »
Lenny’s really is Scoop’s “Get off my lawn guy.”  Just a tiresome mope. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 04:39:10 PM »
I kind of enjoy Lenny. At least you can read his posts.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 05:04:20 PM »
I kind of enjoy Lenny. At least you can read his posts.

I agree. Lenny is all right - a good poster.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »
Thanks, Miles. Thanks, Jockey.

Now, excuse me while I go inside to mope a bit...but before I go, kindly get the f#ck off my lawn!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 06:38:01 AM »

Now, excuse me while I go inside to mope a bit...but before I go, kindly get the f#ck off my lawn!!!

He says as he pulls off his velcro New Balance.     Nothin' but love for you, Lenny. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 11:28:20 AM »
m

Ahh, the famous coaches polls....which secretary or intern is voting and selecting this year.....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2019, 11:58:41 AM »
m

Ahh, the famous coaches polls....which secretary or intern is voting and selecting this year.....

In the poll he's referring to...zero. That was the Parish/Norlander poll where they interviewed over 100 D1 coaches.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 12:06:07 PM »

yeah lenny-no matter what they say about ya...great example of when ya meet someone in person after trading chit with them online-lots of good stuff and laughs! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 12:12:07 PM »
In the poll he's referring to...zero. That was the Parish/Norlander poll where they interviewed over 100 D1 coaches.

No facts, please. They get in the way of  some's preferred narrative.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2019, 12:13:12 PM »
yeah lenny-no matter what they say about ya...great example of when ya meet someone in person after trading chit with them online-lots of good stuff and laughs!

100% agree, rocket!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 02:32:06 PM »
Seems fair. I think we have enough talent to be top 15, but it will depend on the coaching staff finding an offensive gameplan that makes those pieces fit together. Don't do that and there is disaster potential.

I think an underrated aspect (nationally anyway) of this squad is the defensive upside. The DeFG% last year was excellent (#18); adding height, athleticism, and experience to the equation should put us squarely in the top 10 there. Meaning we should be in most games to the end, where a guy like Markus can generate buckets to put us over the top.

The real upside comes from replacing Sam (solid/above average positional defender) and Joey (bad all around defender) who did not generate turnovers with minutes from guys like Greg/Koby and Jamal/Brendan/Sacar who have more of a propensity to turn over the opposition. Those two things could take us from a top 50 DRtg to a top 10/15. I'd says that's almost more likely to happen than not.

Figuring out the offensive side would be the difference between a win-ugly low-ceiling one-star team like KState/UW with Wade/Happ last year, or a Purdue/Texas Tech type team from last year. Here's hoping for the latter! I see a realistic path to get there, especially given Wojo's offensive resume, and why not be optimistic in September?!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2019, 03:56:17 PM »
Lenny is a HOF scooper.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 02:05:41 AM »

They interviewed “coaches” of all levels in D1,  let’s be clear they weren’t all head coaches and I’d bet some cash that it included such “assistants” as video coordinators, etc

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 02:09:55 AM »

100% true

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 02:19:59 AM »
No facts, please. They get in the way of  some's preferred narrative.

The problem is your original post here about this is false.  You said the coaches said Markus was the second best player in college basketball.  No they didn’t.  Read the results again.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2019, 05:47:03 AM »
I think an underrated aspect (nationally anyway) of this squad is the defensive upside. The DeFG% last year was excellent (#18); adding height, athleticism, and experience to the equation should put us squarely in the top 10 there. Meaning we should be in most games to the end, where a guy like Markus can generate buckets to put us over the top.

The real upside comes from replacing Sam (solid/above average positional defender) and Joey (bad all around defender) who did not generate turnovers with minutes from guys like Greg/Koby and Jamal/Brendan/Sacar who have more of a propensity to turn over the opposition. Those two things could take us from a top 50 DRtg to a top 10/15. I'd says that's almost more likely to happen than not.

Figuring out the offensive side would be the difference between a win-ugly low-ceiling one-star team like KState/UW with Wade/Happ last year, or a Purdue/Texas Tech type team from last year. Here's hoping for the latter! I see a realistic path to get there, especially given Wojo's offensive resume, and why not be optimistic in September?!

Might it also be that Sam’s solid, steady, but not aggressive or risky approach to defense was a key in the overall quality and consistency of last year’s defense? Perhaps guys who try to generate turnovers might be more likely to miss, allowing players to get past them and, ultimately, put more pressure on our interior defense. While Theo is solid, he does have a propensity to foul. I’m not sure which way it will go, but either your outlook or that I describe seem possible.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2019, 10:48:18 AM »
Villanova 11
Seton Hall 15
Xavier 20
MU 22