[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette games on TV: Options for Streaming FS WI Games  (Read 7638 times)

WarriorFan

• All American
Re: Are FS Wisconsin Games available on FSGO outside of WI?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2019, 05:56:10 AM »
Was always a big DTV guy, so never even thought to switch.  But getting too expensive. 

Every time Directv raises their pricing I call and tell them I want to cancel and I get a huge discount. 20-40%.  I've done it 4-5 times.  Just ask for the retention department or you can have some fun arguing with the first 2-3 people who they put you with before you get to the retention department. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Marquette games on TV: Options for Streaming FS WI Games
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2019, 06:30:00 AM »
Thanks for all the good info in here.  I want to cut the cord, too.  Good to hear some first hand experiences
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

checkmarq

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2019, 07:29:51 AM »
Every time Directv raises their pricing I call and tell them I want to cancel and I get a huge discount. 20-40%.  I've done it 4-5 times.  Just ask for the retention department or you can have some fun arguing with the first 2-3 people who they put you with before you get to the retention department.

That option is going the way of the dodo.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-06-05/the-days-of-negotiating-your-way-to-a-cheap-cable-bill-are-over

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2019, 07:57:10 AM »

The last time I tried this, they let me cancel. Then, weeks later, they tried to win me back with a much better offer, but it still required a 2-year commitment (with the price going up significantly in Year 2). Plus, I had emotionally moved on, saying, "Eff you, DirecTV!" after I got the runaround.

Haven't missed it.

VUE sounds very, very enticing, even just getting it for 2 months (Dec. 4 through Feb. 1) would cover the 6 games I can't watch with my current setup (except the 3/7 St. John's game if I canceled before then). Will be very tempting ... unless something better comes along before that.

Thanks for all the great info, everybody.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2019, 08:01:26 AM »
This maybe a dumb question, but here goes.
You would need to have a play station in order to get PS Vue?

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2019, 09:20:10 AM »
This maybe a dumb question, but here goes.
You would need to have a play station in order to get PS Vue?
No. You can use PlayStation, but also Roku, AppleTV, Firestick, etc.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2019, 09:32:59 AM »
I’ve had DirecTV for a number of years. About 2 years ago I canceled at the end of my contract and tried PSVue, Sling, and DirecTV Now. All of them were okay, but at the time none of them had a good cloud DVR service. Also, my wife hated the onscreen guides and having to use our Roku remotes for everything. I ended up taking a good offer from DirecTV and signed another 2 year contract. They extended me for an extra month at the same rate, but next month I’m going to give Hulu Live a shot. They seem to have everything I need for less than I’m currently paying DTV. If it’s not a good experience I will see if I get another DTV offer, or try Dish. Anything but Spectrum.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2019, 09:38:17 AM »
I can't wait until YTTV is added to the Fire stick/TVs. Roku is okay, but I far prefer the Fire UI.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2019, 11:34:15 AM »
I’ve had DirecTV for a number of years. About 2 years ago I canceled at the end of my contract and tried PSVue, Sling, and DirecTV Now. All of them were okay, but at the time none of them had a good cloud DVR service. Also, my wife hated the onscreen guides and having to use our Roku remotes for everything. I ended up taking a good offer from DirecTV and signed another 2 year contract. They extended me for an extra month at the same rate, but next month I’m going to give Hulu Live a shot. They seem to have everything I need for less than I’m currently paying DTV. If it’s not a good experience I will see if I get another DTV offer, or try Dish. Anything but Spectrum.

You seem averse to YouTube TV?

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2019, 01:21:33 PM »

You seem averse to YouTube TV?
[/quote]

Not at all. I’m just odd in that I really like having the History Channel which YouTube TV doesn’t offer. Aside from the sports, which I can get on Hulu, I need my fix of American Pickers and Pawn Stars 😁.