[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Wojo to Howard: “You don’t have to go it alone”  (Read 6483 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Wojo to Howard: “You don’t have to go it alone”
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2020, 05:39:03 PM »
Working on that. Virtually identical to Myles Powell, who's regarded as super-clutch.

Pretty sure Powell is MJ mixed with Robert Horry at end of games.  And if anyone on SH makes a play that leads to a victory, its cause they share a locker room with MP...or so the recent SH broadcasts have told me.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2020, 05:56:46 PM »
Pretty sure Powell is MJ mixed with Robert Horry at end of games.  And if anyone on SH makes a play that leads to a victory, its cause they share a locker room with MP...or so the recent SH broadcasts have told me.

So far, 33 possessions and 39 points for Howard, 29 possessions and 35 points for Powell. And Howard's numbers are hurt more by his worst performance than Powell's are.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2020, 05:57:53 PM »

Those also happen to be two of Marquette's best defensive performances. It's an awesome thing to behold when Markus goes into God mode and takes over a game. But MU is at its best when they're playing great team defense and getting everyone involved.

The defense is key. Koby drives me nuts on offense - despite hitting back-to-back threes that put the game away. Of course, the next time he came down and no one else touched the ball and he turned it over.

Besides being a very good defensive player, Koby is an outstanding rebounder from the guard position. But, wow, his offensive game is really ugly at times. I cringe every time he drives to the hoop - chances are as good that it won't even hit the rim as it is to see the ball drop through the hoop.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2020, 06:38:22 PM »
The defense is key. Koby drives me nuts on offense - despite hitting back-to-back threes that put the game away. Of course, the next time he came down and no one else touched the ball and he turned it over.

Besides being a very good defensive player, Koby is an outstanding rebounder from the guard position. But, wow, his offensive game is really ugly at times. I cringe every time he drives to the hoop - chances are as good that it won't even hit the rim as it is to see the ball drop through the hoop.

I think he's still adjusting to this level.  Save for a few passes, his complete game has really come around.  Defensively, rebounding, distribution, first step and aggressiveness when driving.  But finishing at the rim when he can't easily blow by guys or muscle through them is still a work in progress.  If he had been "the man" from the jump, I think he'd have figured it out, but given that he's the 2nd or 3rd option, the learning curve has been a bit longer, especially given his slump and confidence issues in the middle of the season.  Over the last few games, I'm more confident than ever that he will put it together and be an all conference guy next season.  But I totally get the frustrating inconsistency.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
And it appears he is doing so.

We have won 6 of 7, we're playing well, we're in the top 20, and our coach has been caught on video reeling in our best player as many Scoopers wish. You should be happy.

Do you even have the ability to be happy about Marquette hoops?

Got it.

Because your post made zero sense Im not happy with MU hoops.

wadesworld

• All American
Apparently the Hauser's thought so......

Who?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter