'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: BE schedule release tomorrow..11:45 am  (Read 12446 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: BE schedule release tomorrow..11:45 am
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »
I wish they would add a buy game in February. There's a couple slots one could fit. An extra game might help Markus get to 3,000.
Yep.  That week between Sat 2/1 and Sun 2/9 would be perfect.  Even if it’s not a Div I game, just schedule something to prevent the cobwebs from building up (Creighton has done that a couple times).

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »
The first 6 will be tough. Go 3-3 or 4-2 and we're in good shape.

Love that there are no 3-game road trips. Also love that each batch of 6 games has 3 home & 3 away.

The last 6 on paper is a great way to finish. 3 toughest at home, that last two game road swing should be a good chance at 2 wins.

DePaul seems most likely for NMD. Though the ideal situation would be to start a home and home with Notre Dame on Saturday, February 15. The Fiserv should be available as both MU & the Bucks have the weekend off.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2019, 12:54:49 PM »
Though the ideal situation would be to start a home and home with Notre Dame on Saturday, February 15. The Fiserv should be available as both MU & the Bucks have the weekend off.

That would be sweeeeet, brewski! Use your influence to make it happen!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
I just downloaded the schedule into my Google calendar...and it assigned it the color red. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2019, 01:01:07 PM »
Home games.....

6PM- 1 game
7PM- 3 games
8PM- 3 games
7:30- 2 games
Saturday's- 5 games
Sunday- 1 game

7pm or 8pm- TBD 1 game

5 Saturdays, yes but...

1 is Robert Morris
1 is Central Arkansas (in between Christmas and New Years)
1 is Jan 4th (no students, NYE hangover, NFL)

It might sound like I'm complaining but I'm sure the folks in ticketing know they are not getting big Chicago crowds until Feb 1 and Feb 29.  That's unfortunate.  Put it this way, if you wouldn't schedule a NMD on that day, it's not really a Saturday.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »
5 Saturdays, yes but...

1 is Robert Morris

It might sound like I'm complaining but I'm sure the folks in ticketing know they are not getting big Chicago crowds until Feb 1 and Feb 29.  That's unfortunate.  Put it this way, if you wouldn't schedule a NMD on that day, it's not really a Saturday.

Thanks for the reminder that the Nova game on 1/4 will occur with no students on campus. Might make it a little easier ticket.

** Also, do you or anybody else know what they do with student-section tickets for the games during break? I assume they still want the sections to be full, loud and enthusiastic.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2019, 01:04:47 PM »
As one of those Chicago people,  IMO you are correct (although I think we will show big for the 1/4 game vs. Nova).

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2019, 01:08:58 PM »
Thanks for the reminder that the Nova game on 1/4 will occur with no students on campus. Might make it a little easier ticket.

** Also, do you or anybody else know what they do with student-section tickets for the games during break? I assume they still want the sections to be full, loud and enthusiastic.

They generally have some be-a-student thing with cheap GA tickets. Not sure if Nova on a Saturday is too big for that though.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2019, 01:19:42 PM »
The first 6 will be tough. Go 3-3 or 4-2 and we're in good shape.

Love that there are no 3-game road trips. Also love that each batch of 6 games has 3 home & 3 away.

The last 6 on paper is a great way to finish. 3 toughest at home, that last two game road swing should be a good chance at 2 wins.

DePaul seems most likely for NMD. Though the ideal situation would be to start a home and home with Notre Dame on Saturday, February 15. The Fiserv should be available as both MU & the Bucks have the weekend off.

Just bc the Bucks are off does not mean the Bucks haven.t blacked out that date for a concert, monster truck, cirque du soleil, etc.  MU is now way down the pecking order for dates as the Bucks are now programming the Fiserv.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2019, 01:24:34 PM »
5 Saturdays, yes but...

1 is Robert Morris

I'm not worried about Villanova on Jan 4th with no students. I'm sure the MU Ticket Office will do the Be-the-Student Plan. The student section was packed for Buffalo, Xavier & Seton Hall over break last season. Heck, the student section was almost filled on that Friday versus Southern.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 01:26:27 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »
I'm not worried about Villanova on Jan 4th with no students. I'm sure the MU Ticket Office will do the Be-the-Student Plan. The student section was packed for Buffalo, Xavier & Seton Hall over break last season. Heck, the student section was almost filled on that Friday versus Southern.
Hopefully.  We’ll see if the novelty of the FF has worn off.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2019, 01:36:01 PM »
You know, one way for the Big East to really "separate" themselves and get major eyeballs, is have Friday nights be one of your regular conference games nights. Sure, HS basketball is that night, so what?? You also aren't then competing with all the Saturday college football. No other conferences play on Fridays(regularly). All the eyes would be on you...or...is it a widely known thing that Friday night's aren't good for TV watching??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

monkeyman34

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2019, 01:41:29 PM »
You know, one way for the Big East to really "separate" themselves and get major eyeballs, is have Friday nights be one of your regular conference games nights. Sure, HS basketball is that night, so what?? You also aren't then competing with all the Saturday college football. No other conferences play on Fridays(regularly). All the eyes would be on you...or...is it a widely known thing that Friday night's aren't good for TV watching??
Doesn't the Pac 12 usually play Friday - Sunday? or is that not a thing any more?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2019, 01:42:46 PM »

Isn’t college football over by the time conference season starts? Maybe overlapping a week (unless you are the Big 14).

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »
Mr. Nielsen.....Fox College Sports channel?
Is this new? I’ve never heard it and I don’t think that I have it.
Anything you can add?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2019, 01:47:55 PM »
Hopefully.  We’ll see if the novelty of the FF has worn off.
I don't understand why one would hope for that?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2019, 01:48:21 PM »
I think both B1G and Ivy regularly play on fridays.

Not saying BE shouldn't,  just adding information
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2019, 01:49:06 PM »
There is a touch of Big East games on Friday's. The Big Ten plays on Friday's now on FS1.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »
I don't understand why one would hope for that?
You read that wrong.  Hopefully was referencing your comments about the positive Be A Student initiative.  Just saying that the novelty of the FF could have been a big factor in the success of the promotion last year.  We shall see.  Need to fill those seats!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
Mr. Nielsen.....Fox College Sports channel?
Is this new? I’ve never heard it and I don’t think that I have it.
Anything you can add?
It's been around for years now. I have Spectrum Cable, but those three channel FOX College Sports (Atlantic, Central & Pacific) were getting stuff that was show live on the FSN stations. With the launch of FS1 about 7 years ago, live games on Fox College Sports are high school games and lower college programs.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/what-is-fox-college-sports-011014

The Marquette game on FOX College Sports will be shown on FS Wisconsin.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 01:54:41 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2019, 01:58:47 PM »
More likely Saturday 2/1 (Depaul) or Sunday 2/9 (Butler).  Is 2/9 Super Bowl Sunday or is that the week before?

If NMD is 2/1, that's going to put me in a pickle.  On the one hand, it's NMD; on the other hand, I could actually make money by selling DePaul tickets.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2019, 02:11:31 PM »
You read that wrong.  Hopefully was referencing your comments about the positive Be A Student initiative.  Just saying that the novelty of the FF could have been a big factor in the success of the promotion last year.  We shall see.  Need to fill those seats!
I understand. That plan did well at the Bradley Center, So, I would think it will do great this season.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2019, 02:14:52 PM »
I understand. That plan did well at the Bradley Center, So, I would think it will do great this season.
Depends on the opponent.  Nova should be fine....others?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »
Depends on the opponent.  Nova should be fine....others?
Day of the week more than opponent.
Southern was on a Friday last season and that section was filled.

This year's games over break.
Grambling- Tuesday
North Dakota State- Friday
Central Arkansas- Saturday
Villanova-Saturday
PC-Tuesday
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 03:33:28 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2019, 02:21:02 PM »
Doesn't the Pac 12 usually play Friday - Sunday? or is that not a thing any more?
Pac-12 is Wed thru Sunday. Not really on a Friday.
-Bill Walton

feedback