[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OT MU Women's Volleyball wins Nike Invitational  (Read 18094 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: OT MU Women's Volleyball wins Nike Invitational
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2019, 10:28:46 PM »
I thought for sure they'd blown it with those service errors but was glad to see them prove me wrong :).

Yup, no doubt.  Never caved.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »
Yup, no doubt.  Never caved.

And it was a lot more exciting to watch than the football game :)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2019, 11:08:30 PM »
I think we better enjoy having Theis around while we still have the chance.

Good news though between Bond and Ryan, it shows potential coaches that you can indeed win at Marquette.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2019, 11:40:59 PM »
Was sitting dead center of the UW guest pass section with all the team’s parents. Oops. Reverse sweeps are sweet.

Even sweeter when it’s against Becky.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2019, 08:10:57 AM »
Wow. So lesson learned, setting the DVR for an extra half hour was not enough. Saw the first three and most of the fourth (to a UW match point) before it shut off. Checked Anonymous Eagle for the final. Early on, reminded me of last year in that they have great hitters but are weak on blockers. Man did they overcome that, however. Wish I'd seem it all, but great result.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2019, 08:24:11 AM »
Wow. So lesson learned, setting the DVR for an extra half hour was not enough. Saw the first three and most of the fourth (to a UW match point) before it shut off. Checked Anonymous Eagle for the final. Early on, reminded me of last year in that they have great hitters but are weak on blockers. Man did they overcome that, however. Wish I'd seem it all, but great result.

Haven't basketball games that were aired on FS1 originally ended up online at some point?  Maybe this match can be found online?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2019, 08:24:36 AM »

Not even close.  I learned that a long time ago.  I set it for an extra hour, but when I saw how the match was going (I started watching at about 10:00 EST) I changed it to two hours just in case.  I've missed the end of more than one good volleyball match.

And, sadly, therein lies one of the key reasons that live volleyball will never be popular with the networks.  A match might be a quick 3-set blowout that is over in 80 minutes, or it might be a fantastic 5-set battle that lasts three hours.  It is really difficult to effectively plan.  They need to have plenty of filler for the quick matches, but there is also a significant risk that the telecast will go long.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2019, 08:26:52 AM »
Haven't basketball games that were aired on FS1 originally ended up online at some point?  Maybe this match can be found online?

Here you go.

wadesworld

• All American

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2019, 08:29:06 AM »
That was a fantastic volleyball match...just really gripping to watch.  Marquette is really, really good this year.  I hope they can keep playing at this level.  Konovodoff is just outstanding and a joy to watch.

I really hope Marquette can go 28-2 in the regular season this year.   ;)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2019, 08:32:06 AM »
Martha is a very good libero.  My son (also a libero) is friends with her....she plays that position well.  Spark plug. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2019, 09:22:08 AM »
Marquette might jump a lot in the rankings...but they still have to beat Syracuse and Baylor at home this weekend.  I have no idea what Syracuse lost from last season but they made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament last year so they're no pushover, and Baylor has played UCLA (not as strong this year as they are historically but still UCLA), Creighton (they only other good Big East program), and Syracuse (last night in Madison) and smoked all 3 of those teams 3-0.  This is still a tough weekend for Marquette.  I will be very interested to see how Baylor does at Wisconsin tonight, particularly since they had an easy sweep earlier in the day while Wisconsin played a grinder of a 5 setter late into last night.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2019, 09:23:30 AM »
Great effort by the women!  Incredible performance
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »
Here you go.

Thanks, just watched the finish. Fantastic stuff. Barber really came up big in the 5th with that service run.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2019, 09:30:06 AM »
Thanks, just watched the finish. Fantastic stuff. Barber really came up big in the 5th with that service run.

Which is kinda funny to me because she never serves.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2019, 09:31:56 AM »
Martha is a very good libero.  My son (also a libero) is friends with her....she plays that position well.  Spark plug.

Well we figured u had some connection, what a dbag!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2019, 03:24:07 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2019, 03:26:08 PM »
Well we figured u had some connection, what a dbag!

Thanks.  Anytime. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2019, 04:09:47 PM »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2019, 10:20:26 PM »
WHY IS THIS IN THE DAMN AL FORUM?

(Twins game had ended -- great throw by Eddie to win it!... football game was horrid.. I put it on during the 5th set [that's what it's called, yes?]... quite enjoyable to watch tbh... go MU)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
Blocked.  Copyright.  Grr.

Still works for me.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2019, 07:22:27 AM »
Baylor beat Wisconsin last night 3-1. Marquette and Baylor should be a great game on Sunday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2019, 01:23:49 PM »
Was a little worried about a trap game with Syracuse today knowing Baylor is coming up tomorrow. So far MU is taking care of business.

Baylor is a tough matchup for Marquette. The game plan has to be serve tough. Baylor’s weakness was passing but their pins terminate much better than Wisconsin’s.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2019, 01:46:02 PM »
Still works for me.

It works now, thanks.  YouTube has similar copyright block for our high school vball video and then they lifted it a day later.  Who know, but great match to watch.

feedback