[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: College Football is back  (Read 129134 times)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Re: College Football is back
« Reply #525 on: November 30, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »
I told you a week before the game Packers jd the edge over the Cowboys...nice try.  Everyone here disagreed, everyone.

As for MU vs SJU, no idea who won or lost. 

Here was my post...Sept 30th, 6 days before the game and why the Packers had the edge.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58916.msg1159300#msg1159300

Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #526 on: November 30, 2019, 06:30:11 PM »
Christ, what an a--h---

Christ was not....please keep religion out of it.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #527 on: November 30, 2019, 06:34:53 PM »
I told you a week before the game Packers jd the edge over the Cowboys...nice try.  Everyone here disagreed, everyone.

As for MU vs SJU, no idea who won or lost. 

Here was my post...Sept 30th, 6 days before the game and why the Packers had the edge.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58916.msg1159300#msg1159300

Lol.  Let me guess.  Next you're going to predict MU blows out USC, scores over 100 points, and Markus goes for over 50 points.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #528 on: November 30, 2019, 06:40:23 PM »
Lol.  Let me guess.  Next you're going to predict MU blows out USC, scores over 100 points, and Markus goes for over 50 points.

All of my picks here happened well before the games, days if not weeks...sorry you don’t like it...taking candy from a baby.  You could have made some dough.

I like Maryland tomorrow over us.  Happy to be wrong.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #529 on: November 30, 2019, 06:43:56 PM »
So LSU and OSU are locks. Clemson isn’t going to lose to UVA.

So it’s Utah if they win out, Georgia if they win next week, or a one loss B12 champion. All competing for the final spot.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #530 on: November 30, 2019, 06:48:26 PM »
So LSU and OSU are locks. Clemson isn’t going to lose to UVA.

So it’s Utah if they win out, Georgia if they win next week, or a one loss B12 champion. All competing for the final spot.

Which is it?

You have three in there (Clemson, OSU, LSU) and then say if Utah wins out they are in but if Georgia if they win next week. Both Utah and Georgia can do what you suggest, but one one can get in.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #531 on: November 30, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »
Usually we don't get upsets in the SEC Title Game. Utah, Oklahoma and Baylor need to hope that trend continues.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #532 on: November 30, 2019, 06:53:28 PM »
Which is it?

You have three in there (Clemson, OSU, LSU) and then say if Utah wins out they are in but if Georgia if they win next week. Both Utah and Georgia can do what you suggest, but one one can get in.

Read more carefully.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #533 on: November 30, 2019, 07:09:21 PM »
Quote from: Cheeks link=topic=59005.msg1177700#msg1177700

[/quote

So you like us losing to the #5 team in the country? Way to go out on a limb.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #534 on: November 30, 2019, 08:28:02 PM »
[quote author=Cheeks link=topic=59005.msg1177700#msg1177700

So you like us losing to the #5 team in the country? Way to go out on a limb.

Well I liked Wisconsin today on the road over a top ten ranked team...got it right.  Done pretty well with my picks against favorites.

I don’t believe in college basketball ratings this early anyway, we certainly have a great shot tomorrow...hope I am wrong.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #535 on: November 30, 2019, 08:29:02 PM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #536 on: November 30, 2019, 08:38:31 PM »
Write more clearly. 

I will try to keep to monosyllabic words in the future to match your intellect.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #537 on: November 30, 2019, 09:40:50 PM »
The look on Saban's face when he flipped his headset to one of his underlings right after the Alabama defense gave Auburn a first down for illegal substitution ... that was one of the most precious sights of the entire college football season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #538 on: November 30, 2019, 09:55:43 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #539 on: December 01, 2019, 12:36:34 AM »
Schiano to Rutgers

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #540 on: December 01, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
Schiano to Rutgers

I don't get it.  I know they're is an emotional attachment to a guy who once was a decent coach in the Big East, but there is little to suggest that this will end well. 

But maybe that's the best they can do and they are hoping for a couple 7-5 finishes by loading up on non-conference cupcakes and hoping the B10 schedule provides a couple winning games.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #541 on: December 01, 2019, 09:22:15 AM »

I don't get it.  I know they're is an emotional attachment to a guy who once was a decent coach in the Big East, but there is little to suggest that this will end well. 

But maybe that's the best they can do and they are hoping for a couple 7-5 finishes by loading up on non-conference cupcakes and hoping the B10 schedule provides a couple winning games.

I can't imagine them landing anyone better.
He's a bit of a clown, to be sure, but he's not a bad college football coach.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #542 on: December 01, 2019, 09:55:48 AM »
Well I liked Wisconsin today on the road over a top ten ranked team...got it right.  Done pretty well with my picks against favorites.

You know that uw-madison extension was the favorite in yesterday's game, yes? Guess you're talking about something else re: "picks against favorites"
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #543 on: December 01, 2019, 10:12:31 AM »
You know that uw-madison extension was the favorite in yesterday's game, yes? Guess you're talking about something else re: "picks against favorites"

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #544 on: December 01, 2019, 10:27:33 AM »
I can't imagine them landing anyone better.
He's a bit of a clown, to be sure, but he's not a bad college football coach.

I think I would rather go for a young coach, who is from the area, who can bring some energy to the program.  Not a retread. 

Granted I have no idea who that would be...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #545 on: December 01, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »

Nope, I didn’t until you said it.  With reading the what ifs here about Minny beating Ohio State, etc..I am surprised.  Glad you corrected me...thank you.

I think Becky gives OSU a run in Indy...not because Becky is somehow elite...they aren’t...but OSU is in, they know it, and 18 to 22 year old kids let their guard down.  They know they manhandled them the first time, they won’t be as focused. Still have OSU winning, but will be much closer in my opinion.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #546 on: December 01, 2019, 01:07:37 PM »
Clay Helton fired

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #547 on: December 01, 2019, 02:13:05 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #548 on: December 01, 2019, 02:39:05 PM »
Clay Helton has not been fired (yet?).
Charlie Strong has, in fact, been fired.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #549 on: December 01, 2019, 03:22:46 PM »
Mick McCall finally got canned.

Good riddance.