[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by rocky_warrior
[Today at 12:26:02 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks]We aren't going to use the jump to conclusions map - foreign  (Read 2029 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2019/08/we-arent-going-to-use-jump-to.html

The off season is starting to come to the close so it's time to get back in the podcast studio and catch up on things. We kick-off with a discussion of the foreign tour(3:40) and how practical the two center line-up actually will be(8:50). We then spend some time on key cog(in our opinion) Koby McEwen to determine if the tour told us anything about his performance(15:32). We then talk team ceiling and what has to go right to achieve it(21:11). Next up is the news that MU will play UCLA twice and that means we get to host(cue evil music)......Mick Cronin so we discuss how much or little we will enjoy that(25:33). Speaking of schedule, we talk impact of the UCLA home and home on the schedule in 2020 plus a 20 game conference schedule and wildly speculate as to what that does to the annual Badger game(29:30). We close out the pod with a walk through of recruiting news, the medical disqualification of Ike Eke and reminisce about the fun TBT run that the MU alumni went on(33:45). As always, enjoy!

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
Just posting some thoughts as I listen.

1) I'm totally fine going with a 2 big lineup.  In my opinion you get your best players on the court as much as possible.  Assuming Theo, Jayce, and Ed are 3 of our top 6 or 7 players, which I do, then we're going to be playing a lot of 2 big lineups.  We'll have to be able to beat teams defensively and on the glass to win games.  If we can't do that we'll be in trouble.

2) Markus averaged 4 assists per game and has increased his assists per game by nearly 1 each season.  I'd expect Markus to average about 4.5 assists per game this year.  Could Koby average more than that?  He could, but I'd be surprised.  4.5 assists per game in the college game isn't an insignificant amount, and Koby isn't really a pure point guard either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
As far as number 2, the logic makes sense IF Markus is the primary offensive originator. I think he's going to play off the ball a lot more with Koby in the line-up. Markus has had to be the PG in ever increasing responsibility the last couple of years so his assists went up(as did his turnovers). I expect both his assists and turnovers to both go down this season.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
As far as number 2, the logic makes sense IF Markus is the primary offensive originator. I think he's going to play off the ball a lot more with Koby in the line-up. Markus has had to be the PG in ever increasing responsibility the last couple of years so his assists went up(as did his turnovers). I expect both his assists and turnovers to both go down this season.

Just curious what your definition of primary offensive originator is?

My definition is the guy who is going to have the ball in his hands the most and makes the offense go.  Even if he does not bring the ball up the court every play, he will still be the primary offensive originator by my definition.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
The two big lineup reminds me of somewhat recent Kansas teams. At least one dynamic guard, two bigs down low. Frank Mason with two of Jamari Traylor, Perry Ellis, & Landen Lucas. Ben McLemore with Jeff Withey and Kevin Young. I know there's more pace and space than 5-10 years ago, but there's at least a template for the system working.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Just curious what your definition of primary offensive originator is?

My definition is the guy who is going to have the ball in his hands the most and makes the offense go.  Even if he does not bring the ball up the court every play, he will still be the primary offensive originator by my definition.

I agree with your definition but I don't think Markus is going to have the ball in his hands as much this year until it comes time to shoot. They have got to keep him healthy so I think the offense will be focus on getting him looks in space without him having to be the primary ball handler

NCMUFan

• All American
Markus will be eating, sleeping and showering with the ball this season.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:46:09 PM by NCMUFan »