[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Three Years Ago Today...  (Read 1383 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Three Years Ago Today...
« on: March 26, 2024, 03:45:01 PM »
....marked the beginning of Marquette basketballs resurgance.

Happy anniversary coach! Here's hoping we give you a happy birthday too!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Three Years Ago Today...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 04:13:38 PM »
Since we're doing anniversaries, I was planning on posting this tomorrow. Three years ago, I posted:

What the hell...this may age badly, but I’ll give it a shot.

I predict that five years from today, the following will be true:

• MU will have finished in the top half of the Big East at least four times. Three and counting
  • MU will have finished top three in the Big East at least twice. Check
  • MU will have played in the BET semi finals at least twice. Check
  • MU will have played in the BET finals at least once.  Check
  • MU will have qualified for the NCAA tournament at least three times. Check
  • MU will have won at least three NCAA games.Check (and counting)
  • MU will have been at least a four seed. Check
  • MU will have been ranked in at least two seasons. Check
  • Most fans will be really happy with Shaka as our coach. I really try to stay out of the "You're not a real fan" debates, but I'm fairly comfortable saying that I would question the bona fides of anyone who claims to be an MU fan if they say they're not happy with Shaka as our coach.

Overly optimistic. Probably. But we’ve got this.

I post this primarily to drive home the point of how far this program has come in such a short time. When I initially wrote this, I was really trying to come up with things that were achievable, but that were a stretch. I really did think it was pretty wildly optimistic at the time. I figured they'd get some, but probably not all.

Three years later and the team has done everything on the list that could possibly have been accomplished at this point. The only one that isn't completed is to finish in the top half of the league in four seasons. In fact, they've wildly exceeded the predictions in many cases. It's amazing how quickly we've reached a place where we were sweating whether we'd be a 2 or a 3 seed.

I can't wait until Friday night. Like Shaka, I love this team and I'm not ready for this season to be over.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 04:35:54 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 04:18:29 PM »
Since we're doing anniversaries, I planning on posting this tomorrow. Three years ago tomorrow, I posted:

I post this primarily to drive home the point of how far this program has come in such a short time. When I initially wrote this, I was really trying to come up with things that were achievable, but that were a stretch. I really did think it was pretty wildly optimistic at the time. I figured they'd get some, but probably not all.

Three years later and the team has done everything on the list that could possibly have been accomplished at this point. The only one that isn't completed is to finish in the top half of the league in four seasons. In fact, they've wildly exceeded the predictions in many cases. It's amazing how quickly we've reached a place where we were sweating whether we'd be a 2 or a 3 seed.

I can't wait until Friday night. Like Shaka, I love this team and I'm not ready for this season to be over.

Wonder if this guy is happy?

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2027
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 04:24:03 PM »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 05:28:53 PM »
Since we're doing anniversaries, I was planning on posting this tomorrow. Three years ago, I posted:

You are absolutely right about how far the team has come in 3 years. REemember the mantra on this board to defend Wojo, "We are trending in the right direction"? What a crock of BS that was.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 05:33:42 PM »
You are absolutely right about how far the team has come in 3 years. REemember the mantra on this board to defend Wojo, "We are trending in the right direction"? What a crock of BS that was.

Nobody said this after March 2019.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM »
Thank you dung dr.
Goal is National Championship

feedback