[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by MU82
[Today at 02:05:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: San Francisco  (Read 5918 times)

djorling

• Walk-On
San Francisco
« on: August 17, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »
Any Scoopers from San Francisco?  Or that know of good restaurants in the vicinity of the Yotel on 1095 Main Street?  I am taking my wife to San Francisco (from Portland OR) to see Hamilton (at the Orpheum Theatre at 1192 Market Street) for our 46th wedding anniversary.  Also taking our 13 year old granddaughter.  Any recommendations for a good place to eat that won't bust our budget appreciated.  Thanks.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 06:59:10 PM »
Don’t leave any valuables in the car, thefts are a problem with 80+per day last year, over 30,000 total.  SF Chronicle has a car break in map now it has gotten so bad.  Beautiful city, but be careful with your belongings.

https://projects.sfchronicle.com/trackers/sf-car-breakins/

77Warrior is from the area, he can probably help with recommendations.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 07:32:07 PM »
Any Scoopers from San Francisco?  Or that know of good restaurants in the vicinity of the Yotel on 1095 Main Street?  I am taking my wife to San Francisco (from Portland OR) to see Hamilton (at the Orpheum Theatre at 1192 Market Street) for our 46th wedding anniversary.  Also taking our 13 year old granddaughter.  Any recommendations for a good place to eat that won't bust our budget appreciated.  Thanks.

Bottega in Yountville.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 08:17:59 PM »
Bottega in Yountville.

Only an hour and a half away. Great suggestion. Also, severely overrated.

Don’t leave any valuables in the car, thefts are a problem with 80+per day last year, over 30,000 total.  SF Chronicle has a car break in map now it has gotten so bad.  Beautiful city, but be careful with your belongings.

And on the flipside we have Debbie Downer, who will chime in with anything, everything negative about California.

Close by is Prospect ate there during the last wildfires before heading to Napa. Great place. Upper casual, great beers, no stuffy.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:19:42 PM by PTM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 08:54:37 PM »

Is there any thread you won't be an pretty boy in?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 09:22:19 PM »
https://www.farallonrestaurant.com/

I might add you can eat in the lounge if the dining room is out of your budget...although everything in SF is costly (living wage, straw tax, bread service, sales tax).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 04:00:55 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 09:46:28 PM »

And on the flipside we have Debbie Downer, who will chime in with anything, everything negative about California.

Close by is Prospect ate there during the last wildfires before heading to Napa. Great place. Upper casual, great beers, no stuffy.

Lived in this state for 30+ years, call it a customer service message....I’d hate to have a Scooper have his or her evening ruined by the local crime merchants.  If TSMith has started this thread with this question, I would have said nothing.   :-*
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 12:56:25 AM »

That's right. SF has become unbearable. We fly through for long weekends in Napa.

We think Bottega is superb. Makes sense that you wouldn't.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 06:38:05 AM »
Fairly casual but I enjoyed Hops and Hominy last time I had a free night in San Fran.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 07:57:52 AM »
That's right. SF has become unbearable. We fly through for long weekends in Napa.

We think Bottega is superb. Makes sense that you wouldn't.

That’s not it at all, you wanted to flex a location over San Francisco. For someone as alpha, accomplished and astute as yourself, portraying a mostly anonymous persona seems to be way too much of a priority for you.

Are you this much of an abhorrent person? I’m fairly certain you are not, why continue?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 08:00:07 AM »
Lived in this state for 30+ years, call it a customer service message....I’d hate to have a Scooper have his or her evening ruined by the local crime merchants.  If TSMith has started this thread with this question, I would have said nothing.   :-*

The gentleman clearly has a nice trip and evening planned with his wife. Scoop has been excellent for recommendations, but I’m glad you just spread those ass cheeks of yours and crap all over it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »
The gentleman clearly has a nice trip and evening planned with his wife. Scoop has been excellent for recommendations, but I’m glad you just spread those ass cheeks of yours and crap all over it.

Nope, I was trying to make his experience even better.  Avoid parking in certain hot zones because of what is going on.  Local knowledge.  There's a reason there is an app out there for defecation in San Franciso and car crimes, because it is THAT bad that someone took the time to create it to help and warn other citizens where it is ideal to park or stay away from.  Since he sounded like he was from out of town, I passed that on to him.

Same as if I were going to the Bronx for a Yankees game, I was told what to do and not to do in advance.  When I go to Cowboys games in Arlington, there are areas the locals tell you don't be in.  It's called looking out for someone.  Sorry that is too much.

Hey, the gay jokes...it's 2019, when is Schmitt's Gay reference going away?  It's absurd and even the SNL wouldn't dare do a skit like that today.  But hey, way to lecture others....right PTM?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 12:29:07 PM »
Nope, I was trying to make his experience even better.  Avoid parking in certain hot zones because of what is going on.  Local knowledge.  There's a reason there is an app out there for defecation in San Franciso and car crimes, because it is THAT bad that someone took the time to create it to help and warn other citizens where it is ideal to park or stay away from.  Since he sounded like he was from out of town, I passed that on to him.

Same as if I were going to the Bronx for a Yankees game, I was told what to do and not to do in advance.  When I go to Cowboys games in Arlington, there are areas the locals tell you don't be in.  It's called looking out for someone.  Sorry that is too much.

Hey, the gay jokes...it's 2019, when is Schmitt's Gay reference going away?  It's absurd and even the SNL wouldn't dare do a skit like that today.  But hey, way to lecture others....right PTM?

Great deflect, wonder why SNL keeps replaying it though?

Back to the topic. Wallow in your own misery, not every topic or thread needs to be dragged down to your level despondency.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 12:37:03 PM by PTM »

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 01:32:07 PM »
Before this thread devolves into the usual back and forth, let me get my “In Before the Lock” on the record.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 02:08:06 PM »
love the city, been there many times.  superbly situated, many iconic locales, venues and vantage points.  the donges bay crab and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowl has to be found.  but i'm sorry, chicos is right.  any city that has to put out a "poop map" is a big concern to say it lightly.  it's really really unfortunate, but for what one $pend$ there, you deserve to feel safe.  the cable cars, fishermans wharf, alcatraz and top notch restaurants abound are still there...somewhere.  as jonny mentioned,  the city proper has it's "downfalls".   rent a nice car or open air jeep and drive north on the golden gate bridge toward napa.  enjoy the views, sample some wines at any of the number of  winerys-the old inglenook with it's rich history along with francis ford coppola influence.  contrasted to the sterling winery with it's facilities, gondola ride to the top and many other mom n pop farms that could become famous
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 02:08:48 PM »
Before this thread devolves into the usual back and forth, let me get my “In Before the Lock” on the record.

"Before".. ha..

PS - San Francisco is covered in human poop.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 03:00:44 PM »
"Before".. ha..

PS - San Francisco is covered in human poop.

Jay Bee knows all, sees all, tells all.

MS IV is a coming. And she ain't even breathing hard, yet. You in?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 03:01:28 PM »
Jay Bee knows all, sees all, tells all.

MS IV is a coming. And she ain't even breathing hard, yet. You in?

The irony is too rich.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 04:06:54 PM »

You're as local to SF as I am to Minneapolis.

bish please

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 04:27:47 PM »
Even by Scoop standards, the responses here are way the heck out there. Original poster asked a pretty specific question, I’m assuming he’s been to SF before, and just simply wants dinner recommendation in the neighborhood mentioned.

I don’t know of any places, but wish the original poster has a good time with his wife and granddaughter.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2019, 01:43:57 AM »

Simple things for a simpleton

Funny, but where's the fauxrage over a clearly insensitive attack on the LGBQT community?

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2019, 01:47:29 AM »
Gregg Allman knows Minneapolis

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2019, 01:57:38 AM »
love the city, been there many times.  superbly situated, many iconic locales, venues and vantage points.  the donges bay crab and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowl has to be found.  but i'm sorry, chicos is right.  any city that has to put out a "poop map" is a big concern to say it lightly.  it's really really unfortunate, but for what one $pend$ there, you deserve to feel safe.  the cable cars, fishermans wharf, alcatraz and top notch restaurants abound are still there...somewhere.  as jonny mentioned,  the city proper has it's "downfalls".   rent a nice car or open air jeep and drive north on the golden gate bridge toward napa.  enjoy the views, sample some wines at any of the number of  winerys-the old inglenook with it's rich history along with francis ford coppola influence.  contrasted to the sterling winery with it's facilities, gondola ride to the top and many other mom n pop farms that could become famous

Doc

Used to be a great place but no more.

We pass through SFO on our way to Napa/Sonoma or Carmel.

theBaby David's mom goes to the Bay Area for work but she is in San Jose/Sand Hill Road. If I join we give the city a miss.

Feces, urine, needles, panhandlers, etc... No thank you.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 08:04:51 AM »

I highly suggest talking to the people at your hotel.  That is a nice, new area so there could be some cool places that have popped up since I have last been there.  (And I usually go to a microbrewery by the stadium anyway.)

San Francisco is a great city that should be experienced by everyone.  I get that if you have been there a lot that it doesn't make sense to go there when you are in the area, but I hope you have a nice time.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback