collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best month to sell your house?  (Read 1565 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Best month to sell your house?
« on: August 20, 2019, 12:36:53 PM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/best-worst-months-sell-house

Not sure I buy into this article. Back in 2010 we put my dad's home on the market in June. We  got an offer on our asking price in November and close in January of 2011. We put my in-law's home on the market in May 2013 and were offered 10k below asking in September and closed in December. We placed our home on the market in June 2016 and were offered our asking price in December and closed in February 2017.

Our realtor showed sale prices of homes in our area  and to my surprise October had the most home sales in 2016.

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Best month to sell your house?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 12:43:29 PM »
Depends where you live @1na

ZFB put his trailer home up for sale in the middle of January this year. Sold for $47k - $2k over his asking price - I’m only 33 days!

Last time I put a house up for sale it was October. It sold in 6 hours
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 01:26:37 PM »
Have to agree with JB.   Location.  I live in one of the hottest zip codes for real estate in the country.   Most houses put on the market here end up in a bidding war.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 02:14:31 PM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/best-worst-months-sell-house

Not sure I buy into this article. Back in 2010 we put my dad's home on the market in June. We  got an offer on our asking price in November and close in January of 2011. We put my in-law's home on the market in May 2013 and were offered 10k below asking in September and closed in December. We placed our home on the market in June 2016 and were offered our asking price in December and closed in February 2017.

Our realtor showed sale prices of homes in our area  and to my surprise October had the most home sales in 2016.

I don’t agree with facts, either.  :-\

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 03:14:53 PM »
Read the article.  It's about the best time to sell to get the most for your house, not how quickly it will sell if you list it in a particular month.

Also, your two anecdotal experiences seven years apart is not likely to be typical.

Besides, articles that make sweeping assumptions about complex markets are full of crap anyway.

What if I am selling a lake house in Wisconsin?  Would June be the best time to list it?  The season will be half over by the time it closes.
Have some patience, FFS.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 04:16:02 PM »
Read the article.  It's about the best time to sell to get the most for your house, not how quickly it will sell if you list it in a particular month.

What if I am selling a lake house in Wisconsin?  Would June be the best time to list it?  The season will be half over by the time it closes.

My late Dad's home was put on the market in March and will close in September. Sister Chick is right in that if you're not having showings by June, you're in trouble in Lake Country.

In Suburban Chicago, your house should go on in March or April with an expected closing before school starts in August. In Florida, vacation homes should be prepped in September to go up in October and close by late April. We obtained a very good value in our Florida home because we were late-season buyers and were ready to deal.

In Suburban Chicago, houses are going to be on the market just this side of forever because of taxers and Illinois' continuing economic difficulties.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 04:21:25 PM »

In Suburban Chicago, houses are going to be on the market just this side of forever because of taxers and Illinois' continuing economic difficulties.

Don't remind me.   :-\
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 05:20:11 PM »
Best month to sell your house is the current month.

Before the crap his the fan.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »
All about starting school...start with that date and back into how long to get people excited, making offers, inspections, escrow, etc.

Spring would be my answer.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 08:22:34 PM »
My late Dad's home was put on the market in March and will close in September. Sister Chick is right in that if you're not having showings by June, you're in trouble in Lake Country.

In Suburban Chicago, your house should go on in March or April with an expected closing before school starts in August. In Florida, vacation homes should be prepped in September to go up in October and close by late April. We obtained a very good value in our Florida home because we were late-season buyers and were ready to deal.

Let’s book that date at Soft Pines. September is getting busy.