[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Greenland!  (Read 4804 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Greenland!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 07:40:26 PM »
Well we got to 4 posts before it went political.  Now it is the crap show I thought it would be.

The risk point is critical though.

The very first post, yours, was political because of the subject matter...you even thought it was when you mentioned it.   :D
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2019, 07:42:19 PM »
Toddlers eventually have to go to bed.  Chicos, however, will never ever admit he is wrong, no matter what. See the continued Davidson stupidity.

I guess Davidson fans are wrong as are many sports journalists who agree with me.  You see, it is possible to have a team choke and also do a comeback.  Very difficult to simply have a great comeback, because the other side has to do their part.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »
Debating Cheeks over global warming is like debating with a toddler over bedtime.

The toddler would present a more rational argument.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »
Arctic strategy is important.  If northern Russia and Canada are any indication, the mineral wealth in Greenland should provide a great return on investment as well.  The northern sea route changes global logistics.  Right now, Russia "owns" it and it's going to be important soon for other players to engage.  China is even ahead of the US on this one - it has more icebreakers in service (7) than the US (2).  Gaining additional 'frontage' on the northern sea route would give the US equal standing to Russia and Canada as maritime policy and exploration policy (lots of oil and gas there as well) evolve.

On a less serious note, I do think California would be a good trade...
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2019, 07:52:47 PM »
A note to all:

This is why, when I started the new baseball thread that I want chico nowhere near it. He destroys everything. The first time he does that on the baseball thread, I will go full politics and shut it down.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2019, 08:11:13 PM »
Arctic strategy is important.  If northern Russia and Canada are any indication, the mineral wealth in Greenland should provide a great return on investment as well.  The northern sea route changes global logistics.  Right now, Russia "owns" it and it's going to be important soon for other players to engage.  China is even ahead of the US on this one - it has more icebreakers in service (7) than the US (2).  Gaining additional 'frontage' on the northern sea route would give the US equal standing to Russia and Canada as maritime policy and exploration policy (lots of oil and gas there as well) evolve.

All this are great points. But before we get to the point where there will be a return of investment/benefit from such policy, there will be another major war or catastrophic geopolitical event that renders it all moot.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2019, 08:11:48 PM »
Well we got to 4 posts before it went political.  Now it is the crap show I thought it would be.

The risk point is critical though.
I was the fourth post and I fail to see any scenario where my post was political.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2019, 08:25:49 PM »
Stupid Vikings.

Leave Kirk Cousins out of this.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2019, 08:31:04 PM »
A note to all:

This is why, when I started the new baseball thread that I want chico nowhere near it. He destroys everything. The first time he does that on the baseball thread, I will go full politics and shut it down.

just your incessant whining is enough to shut down anything, but go for it and many here will be rooting for the ultimate hammer to fall on ya. 

btw, chicos is right on here.  i wish i could make wild predictions and not be held accountable while someone is laughing all the way to the bank yelling SUCKERS!  not to mention this disproportionately hurts the less fortunate
don't...don't don't don't don't

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2019, 08:45:29 PM »
Normal scoop, the stupid just being stupid
Goal is National Championship

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2019, 09:02:34 PM »
LOL...he said Global Warming....remember, we got rid of that phrase when it wasn’t always working out form the claimants.

I just wish they would stop changing the data....we should have a conspiracy thread to talk about that.  Interesting that NOAA has gone back in time to change actual temperatures to make them cooler...literally ignoring the actual readings....because in doing that, you can then say it is getting even warmer when the data today doesn’t play nice with the models that failed to confirm their early predictions.

My dad, a scientist, is rolling in his grave over this crap.  Stop messing altering the data to get a result you want.

I’m good friends with NOAA’s State of the Climate author. He’s a cool dude with two awesome kids enrolled in the local Catholic schools. Anyway, he has no reason to fudge data. No dog I’m this fight. Just reporting the facts that the earth is warming rapidly.

And he has talked with me about why values were adjusted upwards and downwards. And that over time it pretty much evens itself out.

Your dad likely would have understood this. He’s likely rolling over in his grave because his son is a simpleton.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2019, 09:05:13 PM »
I was the fourth post and I fail to see any scenario where my post was political.

I meant posts 1-4 were all in good fun, then it took the political turn.  I meant through 4 posts.   Sorry

And yes, I was aware that even my first post was political due to the nature of the topic.  But the same old people are taking it off track and down the road to a pissing match locked thread.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:06:59 PM by buckchuckler »