[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: JS Interview With Osa Ighodaro  (Read 4920 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: JS Interview With Osa Ighodaro
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 06:53:57 PM »
This was already posted by MuMark in the recruiting thread:

https://twitter.com/bensteelemjs/status/1160185679990726656?s=21

Also, you already responded to MuMark's post in the recruiting thread....your mind going Hermie?  ;D

Seems like a focused young man with a tremendous set of on and off the court skills. It is a positive that we will know one way or the other relatively soon.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 08:55:12 PM »
Sometimes people don’t check in during the summer months and just want to make sure Ben gets his page views. It’s good for the MU cause.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 12:08:23 AM »
Can someone post the entire article for non-subscribers?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 02:13:40 AM »
Click th pages icon on the bottom right corner of your screen then click on private, then click on the link ... voila
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 07:49:38 AM »
I am glad it was posted here.  Stop the criticism.  I like many don't go into that recruiting thread often.  Lots of old news.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 08:17:23 AM »
I am glad it was posted here.  Stop the criticism.  I like many don't go into that recruiting thread often.  Lots of old news.

Gus?

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 08:26:06 AM »
I don't know why there isn't more hype about on the board about getting this kid. 

Osa is another player that screams huge upside.  Watching his video he looks like a very smooth, high IQ team concept player.  It doesn't appear he has any comfort shooting from the outside as he doesn't take any jump shots or even free throws in the attached video.  However he can handle and likes to face up big men trying to guard him and then uses his quickness to take them off the dribble.  In addition he is very clever around the basket using hook shots and tear drops with either hand.

He reminds me of an Ethan Happ / Dennis Rodman type of player as outside shooting touch is innate and very hard to learn for some players.  In addition with schools like Stanford and Vanderbilt in his final four and how professionally he answered the questions in the JS article makes me think he is a very smart/mature person/player.  In addition I like that there are no crystal ball predictions about where he is going as he keeps things close to the vest and doesn't seem to need/want a lot of flash bulbs.   

This is the problem with rating kids before even a senior year high school season is you have a small window of game playing to base ratings on.  Even the NFL draft which grades kids 5 years later after they've had a chance to enter their 20's and grow into men is full of busts in the 1st round.  So grading 16 and 17 year olds is even harder to determine who will blossom at the next level and who won't. 

I see a kid who is just growing into his super sized, long frame and once he does....Watch Out! 

Having players like Justin Lewis and Osa Ighodaro in your program that stay 3 to 4 years is how you make Final 4 runs. 

If I was Marquette I'd be living at this kids door trying to get him to commit.  I have a hunch we're his number one choice for some reason in that he added us to his Final 4 after being late to the game in his recruiting process.  In addition Stan's relationship with Arizona players and having Marcus Howard from Arizona helping sell him on the Arizona to Marquette pipeline doesn't hurt either.  Finally let's be real in that Stanford and Vanderbilt are nowhere close to Marquette in fan support, facilities and a home court arena.  However Texas does have a lot to sell so hopefully he comes home after that trip without committing and reevaluates and ultimately picks Marquette in early September.   

Get him and you have two studs that will indicate to some of the other higher rated players that Marquette is pursuing that we are putting together a special class that they can join and have a lot of success together. 

youtube.com/watch?v=x_xKiigK_F8&t=28s
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:37:22 AM by duanewade »

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 11:21:29 PM »

Old news?  On the recruiting thread?   On a good day maybe.  There’s literally two chuckleheads arguing about the weather on the recruiting thread right now. 
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 11:26:17 PM »
Old news?  On the recruiting thread?   On a good day maybe.  There’s literally two chuckleheads arguing about the weather on the recruiting thread right now.

One chucklehead is while I just shake my head in wonderment.

Herman, thanks for posting the link.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »
  what's a "chuckle head"? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »
Sumtin' a kin two a turtle head, hey?