[Today at 01:41:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: lorenzen wright's life worth, ohhhh...about 9 years  (Read 4655 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: lorenzen wright's life worth, ohhhh...about 9 years
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2019, 12:21:38 PM »
why does race always have to come into things with you guys-punishment is given to people who do wrong and are threats to our safety.  are we perfect?  absolutely not.  but we still have one of the best systems in the world.  knock off the racism crap!

The bolded is absolutely untrue. It drips of uninformed jingoistic puffery.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2019, 12:26:22 PM »
why does race always have to come into things with you guys-punishment is given to people who do wrong and are threats to our safety.  are we perfect?  absolutely not.  but we still have one of the best systems in the world.  knock off the racism crap!

Still have your head in the sand I see. And our system isn’t great. Too many locked up for relatively minor offenses.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »
  "I am not disrespecting....I am just having trouble with...what your complaint is and proposed fix?"

i understand the reality of our system houw, but murder is murder and i struggle, in general with some of the sentences handed down.  if she was abused, sandknit hit it.  whenever there is abuse, are we good with killing the source?  bring on the vigilantes, right?  wrong!  go ahead and plea the case, but having only to serve 30% of the sentence plead to, imho, is absurd. if they are giving her 30 years, maybe consider release with good behavior after 20-25 minimum.  the family has to relive the murder every 9 years. 

we have resources for the abused.  if i were to get beat up by a flash mob, is it ok for me to hunt every one of them down and kill them?  break their knees?  torture them? someone rapes my daughter...i don't even want to go their cuz i would get 9 years for that one
Yes....Murder is Murder...Billy Turner was there , he pulled the trigger and he will be convicted of the Lorenzan Wright murder at his September trial

Please, however, stop saying the wife was guilty of murder....you are simply wrong to do so, by the facts and the law everywhere in the USA. Your wishing or self proclaiming her guilty of murder....well ...you know that will never make it so.

Here, she did not pull the trigger and was not even placed at the scene. She planned, conspired and talked about it....accordingly,... she facilitated murder, and now, she is convicted exactly for this crime: facilitation of murder. She is receiving the sentence statutorily assigned to this crime....30 years. She will be eligible for parole (early release) under uniform statutes applied to all crimes. She got exactly what the law provides.

You rail against a "system" that has nothing to do with your real complaint. Your complaint is really that facilitation should pull a longer term and Certain crimes (or people) should not get early release rules applied to them.

However....ONLY the legislature of Tennessee sets the penalties for crimes, the amount of time to be served and the early release timing and rules. Currently it is about 75% red. Let them know you'd like the 30 year sentence for Facilitation and the early release eligibility of 30% extended by new statute changes. Refocus your currently misdirected ire off of the "system" and  onto the lawmakers...those that actually made these laws ...and those who can change them to meet/respond to your real complaint

In the mean time please back off railing against those simply administering the laws as passed. I am sure you dont like those people that overtly disrespect, snarl at cops, call them names, etc when the cops pulling them over are just doing their job...like all of us who work in the courts.

Honestly I find it ironic that those that complain for longer sentences and less early release usually attack those in the "system" and rarely is it noted that your lawmakers solely control those matters. Of course is it any coincidence that lawmakers themselves prefer to rail against judges, lawyers and the system....god forbid we figure out who is actually responsible and should be answering your complaint.

Rocket...Please....Write/email your lawmakers today
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 01:14:22 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2019, 01:09:13 PM »
  "I am not disrespecting....I am just having trouble with...what your complaint is and proposed fix?"

i understand the reality of our system houw, but murder is murder and i struggle, in general with some of the sentences handed down.  if she was abused, sandknit hit it.  whenever there is abuse, are we good with killing the source?  bring on the vigilantes, right?  wrong!  go ahead and plea the case, but having only to serve 30% of the sentence plead to, imho, is absurd. if they are giving her 30 years, maybe consider release with good behavior after 20-25 minimum.  the family has to relive the murder every 9 years. 

we have resources for the abused.  if i were to get beat up by a flash mob, is it ok for me to hunt every one of them down and kill them?  break their knees?  torture them? someone rapes my daughter...i don't even want to go their cuz i would get 9 years for that one

You do see the hypocrisy, right?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2019, 01:48:50 PM »
One only need to witness the caring and ethical nature of our liberal media as they have held a presidency, legislature, and a nations people hostage with a witch hunt because their candidate did not win.  Pure scum.

Loving that no-politics tagline of yours.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback