[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Apollo 11 documentary all original footage  (Read 3731 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Apollo 11 documentary all original footage
« on: July 19, 2019, 09:56:02 PM »
If you are looking for something to watch this weekend, Apollo 11 documentary which is on VOD from CNN is tremendous.  All original footage in 70MM.  About an hour and a half long.  Really good

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Apollo 11 documentary all original footage
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 12:50:05 PM »
This site is pretty cool too .. https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 05:36:02 PM »
The CNN documentary is awesome, and I also watched the 3-part series "Chasing the Moon" on PBS.

The latter is more broadly about the space program and has some interesting information about Werner Von Braun's salesmanship; program setbacks and controversies; how the US and USSR might have gone to the moon together if Kennedy hadn't been assassinated; and why Mission Control, the launch site and the missile building facilities are all in southern states. It's available (free) on the PBS on-demand app.

I plan to be at apolloinrealtime.org tonight in time for the 9:56 pm rebroadcast of the first step on the moon.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 05:49:17 PM »
C-Span has CBS News coverage at 7pm.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 05:58:54 PM »
Tonight at 9 pm central on the Discovery Channel is a documentary on this historic event directed by Brent Butler, a River Hills native, MUHS grad, and son of our friends, Jeff and Babette Butler. Tune in if you can or DVR. Its extremely  well done.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 10:27:59 AM »
I still remember watching it all live.  It's wonderful to see it all again whether that be through the CBS News coverage or any other platform/documentary available on line.

Here's what I'm again reminded of.  The United States of America is the greatest benevolent superpower in the history of mankind.  We've fed, clothed and freed from oppression more souls than any civilization in history.  Our way of life provides greater opportunity for all compared to any other system ever conceived by man.  And when we put our mind to something, we accomplish it.  Never let the self serving doubters tell you otherwise.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 10:43:07 AM »
Tonight at 9 pm central on the Discovery Channel is a documentary on this historic event directed by Brent Butler, a River Hills native, MUHS grad, and son of our friends, Jeff and Babette Butler. Tune in if you can or DVR. Its extremely  well done.
We watched it and recorded it. It was great.

Putting a man on moon was the greatest achievement in recorded history.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 10:45:00 AM »
Would have liked to have been there the day Buzz Aldrin punched the guy who called him a liar.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 11:19:20 AM »
Would have liked to have been there the day Buzz Aldrin punched the guy who called him a liar.

What? Never heard that story. Some clown who thought we faked it?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »
Yes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 12:40:07 PM »
If you guys want to watch some steely-eyed missile men in real time here's your chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RONIax0_1ec

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 10:06:38 PM »
Rewatching the Right Stuff tonight.  Thanks for the CNN tip Cheeks.  It was a great watch.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 10:29:35 PM »
If you are looking for something to watch this weekend, Apollo 11 documentary which is on VOD from CNN is tremendous.  All original footage in 70MM.  About an hour and a half long.  Really good

Can't be real footage, never happened.  Duh. 

Haha, first time I ever used teal, didn't want to get lumped into the conspiracy thread.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 01:41:27 PM »
What? Never heard that story. Some clown who thought we faked it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_YM9cCtwz4

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 11:26:10 AM »

You watch CNN?

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2019, 01:52:27 PM »
Buzz is a badass, I got to meet him when I was around 10 (my dad is a lobbyist for space exploration basically) and I thought he was going to break my hand when he shook it.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 03:07:44 PM »
I had the privilege of a very brief meeting with Col Buzz Aldrin. A fighter pilot with 2 MiG kills, a doctorate in aeronautics from MIT, an astronaut, then the head of the USAF Test Pilot program he was the consummate warrior scholar. Certainly one of the finest men to ever strap on a tactical jet for his nation.

That limp dick harassing Aldrin isn't worthy to lick the good Colonel's boots. I am glad Buzz cocked the sh1tbird. Frankly, more folks of very slender accomplishment should get their worthless asses kicked. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 04:36:25 PM »
For those of you who may not know, all 3 Apollo 11 astronauts came to Marquette in the fall of '69 to receive the Pere Marquette Award for Exploration.

https://stories.marquette.edu/marquette-and-apollo-11-fever-164f18c1ce6a

I was there! Can you imagine all the Universities they could have gone to and they came to ours.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:40:29 PM by muwarrior69 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 04:51:56 PM »
I had the privilege of a very brief meeting with Col Buzz Aldrin. A fighter pilot with 2 MiG kills, a doctorate in aeronautics from MIT, an astronaut, then the head of the USAF Test Pilot program he was the consummate warrior scholar. Certainly one of the finest men to ever strap on a tactical jet for his nation.

That limp dick harassing Aldrin isn't worthy to lick the good Colonel's boots. I am glad Buzz cocked the sh1tbird. Frankly, more folks of very slender accomplishment should get their worthless asses kicked.

?-(

Sure. Joe Smith, from a small town, who merely has a bachelor's degree and supports his wife and kids with his pedestrian 9-5 really needs someone to go kick his ass.

Jesus dude, wtf

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 05:17:01 PM »
For those of you who may not know, all 3 Apollo 11 astronauts came to Marquette in the fall of '69 to receive the Pere Marquette Award for Exploration.

https://stories.marquette.edu/marquette-and-apollo-11-fever-164f18c1ce6a

I was there! Can you imagine all the Universities they could have gone to and they came to ours.

I two wuz der, hey? Huge turnout at Brooks Memorial. Real American patriotism and pride on display with no dumpin' of water buckets poured over the police.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2019, 07:42:30 PM »
You watch CNN?

Most of the time, no.  This was VOD, and didn’t have their opinions slobbering through the news.  It was like old school with Bernard Shaw and others when news was reported as news.  Refreshing
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2019, 08:02:56 PM »
?-(

Sure. Joe Smith, from a small town, who merely has a bachelor's degree and supports his wife and kids with his pedestrian 9-5 really needs someone to go kick his ass.

Jesus dude, wtf

Talking like a tough guy is all he has.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2019, 08:47:35 PM »
Talking like a tough guy is all he has.

gotta be some racism in there somewhere...i'm still looking ::)
don't...don't don't don't don't

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2019, 12:57:02 AM »
Neil Armstrong's death, and a stormy, secret $6 million settlement

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/national/article/Neil-Armstrong-s-Death-and-a-Stormy-Secret-6-14118030.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email

Wow I had no idea until this article that our great Apollo hero Niel Armstrong died in a hospital while recovering from his bypass surgery. Seems nurses in a lab there removed a pacemaker connection ....massive heart bleeding occurred...they did not take him straight to operating room...and shucks he died. Settlement and much info is confidential...but it appears his sons settled the claim against hospital for $6. million
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2019, 11:47:07 AM »
?-(

Jesus dude, wtf

That's not what I said.

An absolute fool with a crackpot theory and an outsized sense of entitlement confronts a genuine American hero and calls him a liar and a thief? He needs to get his ass kicked.

An honest man working diligently to provide for his family is fulfilling the most noble and profound commitment that has kept our species going.

A jackass verbally assaulting a man of courage, accomplishment, and distinction because of an outlandish conspiracy theory is a prime example of the decline of civility and reason in our society.

For perspective on my view I invite you to read Matthew Arnold's, Culture and Anarchy. But please, stop taking things out of context. If you were matriculated from Marquette I would have to believe your skills in reasoning would grasp this.   

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2019, 12:53:37 PM »
That's not what I said.

An absolute fool with a crackpot theory and an outsized sense of entitlement confronts a genuine American hero and calls him a liar and a thief? He needs to get his ass kicked.

An honest man working diligently to provide for his family is fulfilling the most noble and profound commitment that has kept our species going.

A jackass verbally assaulting a man of courage, accomplishment, and distinction because of an outlandish conspiracy theory is a prime example of the decline of civility and reason in our society.

For perspective on my view I invite you to read Matthew Arnold's, Culture and Anarchy. But please, stop taking things out of context. If you were matriculated from Marquette I would have to believe your skills in reasoning would grasp this.

“Frankly, more folks of very slender accomplishment should get their worthless asses kicked.”

Jesmu is 100% correct. That is exactly what you said.

feedback