[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: $100 Fee to Get Paper Season Tickets  (Read 16954 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: $100 Fee to Get Paper Season Tickets
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2019, 09:51:31 AM »
BrewCity 83:

I guess MU feels that the $100 fee will be enough to get people to go the digital route in the future.

Frankly, since I was an undergrad in the late 1970s, I always kept my ticket stub and wrote facts about the game on the back of the ticket, including with whom I attended the game, attendance, leading scorer, etc. It was my personal record that would be a keepsake. Those types of things would jog my memory about that particular game.

Not everyone is as sentimental as I, and I get that. But this is another manifestation of the paperless society.
There are retailers around the country attempting to do business with plastic and/or phones to be rid of cash and coins.

While there has been some backlash in some cities to these types of cashless retailers, this is the wave of the future.

I guess we will just have to get used to it.

Go Warriors!

I commend you for a great post. You see the way things are changing and accept it even though you preferred the old way.

No complaining. Very unScoop-like.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2019, 10:04:48 AM »
Sounds like a tax...that’s what taxes do....retard spending.

Nope. Cubbies make more money if you go paper. Your choice. Hardly a tax. You don't have to pay it.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2019, 10:11:53 AM »
It’s the reality of today’s world, and while I have adapted to most of it - like e-tickets, news, streaming music and TV, banking and other financial transactions - the one transition I still can’t make is books. As long as somebody still prints words of novels and memoirs on paper, I will buy them.

For me, e-tickets was actually one of the easiest changes, because it made it easier to buy, sell or give them away.

I get it, but at 72 my eye sight is not what it used to be. What I like about e-books is that you can enlarge the print with just the swipe of you fingers.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2019, 02:51:35 PM »
Until it doesn't work, and then the age old ability of having a paper ticket looks pretty comforting.  I've used digital tickets for years, but twice run into a situation where they didn't work properly and it was more painful than it should have been to get the staff to rectify the situation.

Game 5 of the Bucks-Celtics series saw the ticketing platform go down 15 minutes before tip off. That was super fun.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2019, 03:49:30 PM »
Nope. Cubbies make more money if you go paper. Your choice. Hardly a tax. You don't have to pay it.

Sure it is.  I can buy cigarettes if I want, but the sin tax makes it more and more difficult...my choice...part of the reason for that tax is to curtail usage...which is exactly what MU wants to do here....curtail usage.

Doesn’t impact me, some will be impacted negatively.  Is what it is.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2019, 03:49:53 PM »
Game 5 of the Bucks-Celtics series saw the ticketing platform go down 15 minutes before tip off. That was super fun.

I have no doubt.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2019, 07:46:40 PM »
Sure it is.  I can buy cigarettes if I want, but the sin tax makes it more and more difficult...my choice...part of the reason for that tax is to curtail usage...which is exactly what MU wants to do here....curtail usage.

Doesn’t impact me, some will be impacted negatively.  Is what it is.

Like I said, your choice to pay or not.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2019, 07:52:05 PM »
Sounds like a tax...that’s what taxes do....retard spending.

Can we talk about the other 99% of my ticket bill?  Like winning more? 

#15yearstojudge

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »
Can we talk about the other 99% of my ticket bill? Like winning more? 

#15yearstojudge
Slightly higher season ticket price for 3 less home games.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2019, 09:59:49 PM »
Until it doesn't work, and then the age old ability of having a paper ticket looks pretty comforting.  I've used digital tickets for years, but twice run into a situation where they didn't work properly and it was more painful than it should have been to get the staff to rectify the situation.

Happened at one of the bucks playoff games. Had a friend that missed the 1st quarter because the ticket scanner servers crashed.

I'm not going to shell out $100 - more than enough of an incentive. But agree there's still some risk

marquette20

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 10:22:24 PM »

Considering the stupid configuration of entrances and the fact there is 1 large 1 medium and 1 small entrance that is a nightmare. Whoever design the stadium entrances should be fired. It takes way longer to get into the games and nothing different has changed in security measures from previous years.

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2019, 10:51:15 PM »
Yes I am an old geezer.  I just don't want a cell phone although there is a jitterbug I have used. My wife now has one but after 54 years of season tickets and 55 years of marriage, she needs special coaxing to get her to a game.  I am on the computer for my business and to look at scoop all the time but will be happy sort of to pay the $100.  Also $450 for the McKinley garage where you better be in the correct lane or it will take forever to get out. Go Warriors!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 06:19:04 AM »
Happened at one of the bucks playoff games. Had a friend that missed the 1st quarter because the ticket scanner servers crashed.

I'm not going to shell out $100 - more than enough of an incentive. But agree there's still some risk
If the ticket scanner server crashed, seems having a paper ticket with a code would have been in the same situation, no?

mreezybreezy

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 07:07:31 AM »

Anyone who forces you into digital tickets is doing so so that they can make more money selling your data. They will sell your info to 3rd parties, they will try and upcharge you into better seats the day of the event, track your activity to push ads your direction, send coupon codes for food and merch at the event. etc. Would not be surprised if Marq is using this build a profile on you so they can target you for donations.

The nominal paper ticket fee is more a behavioral nudge to make it seem as though it's outrageous when there's a "free" option. This is not about saving money as it relates to printing cardstock (please), authenticating tickets, or making it easy to distribute if you can't make the event. It's about making more money. If you care about privacy, know that the $100 (or $400 for others) is significantly less value for the ticket provider than the lifetime value of watching your every move.

https://theoutline.com/post/5628/how-a-concert-ticket-steals-your-personal-data?zd=4&zi=7lug67jh

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2019, 07:42:04 AM »
The nominal paper ticket fee is more a behavioral nudge to make it seem as though it's outrageous when there's a "free" option.

As I was once told, and as I've told my kids:  Usually, when something is free, you're the product being sold.  Mind you, I generally don't have a problem with that, but it's a good thing to keep in mind.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 07:46:57 AM »
Anyone who forces you into digital tickets is doing so so that they can make more money selling your data. They will sell your info to 3rd parties, they will try and upcharge you into better seats the day of the event, track your activity to push ads your direction, send coupon codes for food and merch at the event. etc. Would not be surprised if Marq is using this build a profile on you so they can target you for donations.

The nominal paper ticket fee is more a behavioral nudge to make it seem as though it's outrageous when there's a "free" option. This is not about saving money as it relates to printing cardstock (please), authenticating tickets, or making it easy to distribute if you can't make the event. It's about making more money. If you care about privacy, know that the $100 (or $400 for others) is significantly less value for the ticket provider than the lifetime value of watching your every move.

https://theoutline.com/post/5628/how-a-concert-ticket-steals-your-personal-data?zd=4&zi=7lug67jh

Is anyone really surprised by this stuff any longer? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2019, 09:23:52 AM »
Like I said, your choice to pay or not.

Correct, that’s partially what a tax does....discourage consumption.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2019, 09:24:38 AM »
Can we talk about the other 99% of my ticket bill?  Like winning more? 

#15yearstojudge

We won a lot last year.  Who are you replacing Wojo with.....name them

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2019, 09:25:21 AM »

Of course

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2019, 09:37:31 AM »
We won a lot last year.  Who are you replacing Wojo with.....name them

Pretty sure Dr. B was being tongue in cheek on that one
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2019, 09:55:00 AM »
Data to know when you go to the bathroom, how long you wait, when you buy concessions, what you buy, who you give your tickets to, etc, etc.  In many cases, to help better layout customer service and alleviate choke points, but so many other things that can be used....end of the day....data to make things relevant to you and pry $$ from your wallet.  Name of the game.

Skarrface

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2019, 05:49:50 PM »
FWIW...Called today to find out if it was per seat or per order. The $100.00 is per order regardless of the # of seats you have. The $100.00 fee is for the "Fancy" picture tickets in a book.  They are providing "generic" printed tickets for FREE if you pick them up at the Al. (Not each game but the entire season pack). God forbid they would have to pay for postage after I just spent $4800.00. Just call and give them your name. The excuse given to me was they were moving this direction because the Fiserv Forum asked them to be more "Green". Seems to me it just puts more "green" into there bank account.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2019, 05:55:24 PM »
FWIW...Called today to find out if it was per seat or per order. The $100.00 is per order regardless of the # of seats you have. The $100.00 fee is for the "Fancy" picture tickets in a book.  They are providing "generic" printed tickets for FREE if you pick them up at the Al. (Not each game but the entire season pack). God forbid they would have to pay for postage after I just spent $4800.00. Just call and give them your name. The excuse given to me was they were moving this direction because the Fiserv Forum asked them to be more "Green". Seems to me it just puts more "green" into there bank account.
[/quote
Thank you.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2019, 06:08:17 PM »
Yes I am an old geezer.  I just don't want a cell phone although there is a jitterbug I have used. My wife now has one but after 54 years of season tickets and 55 years of marriage, she needs special coaxing to get her to a game.  I am on the computer for my business and to look at scoop all the time but will be happy sort of to pay the $100.  Also $450 for the McKinley garage where you better be in the correct lane or it will take forever to get out. Go Warriors!

crap, I'll be your son. Loool

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
Well, the Bucks went paperless in 2018-19.

Thank you for the great information.

If it was about the money for Marquette, it would seem there be a fee for the generic ticketmaster ticket as well. Mailing them out for free would not make fans go the digital e-ticket route.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:39:22 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

feedback