collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Unclaimed cash Illinois citizens  (Read 3796 times)

WarriorDad

• All American
Unclaimed cash Illinois citizens
« on: July 18, 2019, 05:27:05 PM »
My email came today from the state treasurer.  Check your inbox if you live in the state as plenty of money goes unclaimed that is lawfully yours.  Email copy here.

Treasurer's Note

​​Your Money
We’ve done it again – and again, and again, and again.

A record-breaking $239 million in forgotten cash and securities has been returned to its owners during the past fiscal year, which was July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019. It is the largest amount in the program’s 58-year history.

This is the fourth consecutive year we have shattered the previous year’s record. We also set records in fiscal years 2018, 2017, and 2016.

In the past 12 months, 236,000 claims were fulfilled with an average value of $1,000. By comparison, approximately 116,000 claims were fulfilled in Fiscal Year 2018 ($180 million returned), 58,000 claims in Fiscal Year 2017 ($159 million returned), and 53,000 claims in Fiscal Year 2016 ($155 million returned).

The increases in the number of fulfilled claims is a direct result of leveraging technology to make it easier for individuals, businesses, and non‑profits to recover their money. Paperless claims now are used when possible. Additionally, a change in state law that we pursued allows the treasury to send checks directly to qualifying individuals without initiating a claim.

In Illinois, the state treasurer is tasked with safeguarding more than $3 billion in unclaimed property, such as unpaid life insurance benefits, forgotten bank accounts, and unused rebate cards. We are legally required to return the property to the rightful owners no matter how long it takes. Individuals can search the state treasurer’s database for their name or the name of their business or non‑profit at www.illinoistreasurer.gov/ICASH.

Please check our database. Your money should be in your pocket rather than the state’s safe.

Sincerely,
Michael W. Frerichs
Illinois State Treasurer
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

JWags85

• All American
Re: Unclaimed cash Illinois citizens
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 05:37:20 PM »
Thats rich, no pun intended, given my recent experience.

Had a balance from 2017 taxes, long story short, my company withholding was messed up due to an improper tax ID, so I had a balance of a few grand.  Set up a payment plan via ACH when all was said and done as I was moving and didn't feel like paying a fat lump sum to IL at the time.   Cut to 2 weeks ago, I pay off the balance remaining about 3 days before my scheduled monthly ACH deduction.  Well, silly me, it can take up to 5 f-ing days to post on their crap server.  So in the meantime, they double dipped and deducted my scheduled monthly payment.

No worries, simple reversal and reimbursement right?  Nope, they informed me that they are well within their rights to hold all electronic payments for UP TO SIXTY (60) DAYS.  Admitting I was fully in the right, they could see my payment made and it should be reversed...the recommended I check back around the second week in September as its highly unlikely it would be resolved before the allotted time.  If this was any place of business, you'd take them to small claims court and report them to the BBB.  Absolute BS.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 06:26:15 PM »
Illinois...where money goes to die
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 09:38:34 PM »
Thats rich, no pun intended, given my recent experience.

Had a balance from 2017 taxes, long story short, my company withholding was messed up due to an improper tax ID, so I had a balance of a few grand.  Set up a payment plan via ACH when all was said and done as I was moving and didn't feel like paying a fat lump sum to IL at the time.   Cut to 2 weeks ago, I pay off the balance remaining about 3 days before my scheduled monthly ACH deduction.  Well, silly me, it can take up to 5 f-ing days to post on their crap server.  So in the meantime, they double dipped and deducted my scheduled monthly payment.

No worries, simple reversal and reimbursement right?  Nope, they informed me that they are well within their rights to hold all electronic payments for UP TO SIXTY (60) DAYS.  Admitting I was fully in the right, they could see my payment made and it should be reversed...the recommended I check back around the second week in September as its highly unlikely it would be resolved before the allotted time.  If this was any place of business, you'd take them to small claims court and report them to the BBB.  Absolute BS.

BBB is a joke

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 09:58:30 AM »
BBB is a joke

Right, I should have said destroyed them on Yelp.  But either way, its garbage

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »
BBB is a joke

It's a joke that a large amount of people believe in, so it's a trap that'll never cease to exist.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 10:20:53 AM »
Come to think of it....why did Warrior Dad get this email (presumably because he lives in Illinois), but since I live in California I don't.  But we the same people.  LOL.   ::)
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 04:24:15 PM »
Anyone know this guy?

Last
To file a claim for properties on this list, click the CLAIM button next to those properties. Next click on the VIEW CLAIMED PROPERTIES button.

Select an Action   Owner Name   Address   City   State   ZIP   Reported By   Amount   Relationship to Owner   Property ID   Property Type
BRIAN URLACHER   15044 LITTLE ST MARYS RD   METTAWA   IL   60045   WALT DISNEY CO & AFFILIATES   UNDER $100   SOLE OWNER   99928761550   WAGES, PAYROLL, SALARY
BRIAN URLACHER   15044 LITTLE ST MARYS RD   METTAWA   IL   60045   WALT DISNEY CO & AFFILIATES   UNDER $100   SOLE OWNER   99928761551   WAGES, PAYROLL, SALARY

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »
Anyone know this guy?

Last
To file a claim for properties on this list, click the CLAIM button next to those properties. Next click on the VIEW CLAIMED PROPERTIES button.

Select an Action   Owner Name   Address   City   State   ZIP   Reported By   Amount   Relationship to Owner   Property ID   Property Type
BRIAN URLACHER   15044 LITTLE ST MARYS RD   METTAWA   IL   60045   WALT DISNEY CO & AFFILIATES   UNDER $100   SOLE OWNER   99928761550   WAGES, PAYROLL, SALARY
BRIAN URLACHER   15044 LITTLE ST MARYS RD   METTAWA   IL   60045   WALT DISNEY CO & AFFILIATES   UNDER $100   SOLE OWNER   99928761551   WAGES, PAYROLL, SALARY

Doing a gig with him potentially in mid August in ABQ around NFL...I will let him know.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 08:01:48 PM »
Doing a gig with him potentially in mid August in ABQ around NFL...I will let him know.

Tell him his new weave is not becoming.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 09:26:32 PM »

Be sure to say hi to Elvis.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 07:45:48 AM »
Tell him his new weave is not becoming.
I went to a golf outing he was at when the plugs where first being put in.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 08:06:07 AM »
Anyone know this guy?

Last

BRIAN URLACHER   15044 LITTLE ST MARYS RD   METTAWA   IL   60045   WALT

Reminds me .. another great stalker tool is Wisconsin's CCAP system, where you can look up people who have had court cases / speeding tickets.

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/case.html

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 08:51:10 AM »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 09:01:24 AM »
Reminds me .. another great stalker tool is Wisconsin's CCAP system, where you can look up people who have had court cases / speeding tickets.

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/case.html

I use that site to keep tabs on family members.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 12:21:03 AM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 07:03:20 AM »

Looks fine

https://restorehair.com/results/urlacher/

I actually got approached about a CFO job there. Didn't follow up; Glow has a full head of hair, so I would not have been able to take advantage of the employee discount.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 07:36:45 AM »
I actually got approached about a CFO job there. Didn't follow up; Glow has a full head of hair, so I would not have been able to take advantage of the employee discount.

You could have turned that into a Scooper discount.  I imagine half the old farts here could use some extra follicles.     (Fortunately, not me.)

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 08:02:44 AM »
You could have turned that into a Scooper discount.  I imagine half the old farts here could use some extra follicles.     (Fortunately, not me.)

Unfortunately, some of the younger farts too (me). :'(

feedback