'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Herro  (Read 23530 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Herro
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2019, 11:26:31 PM »
Guys, grow up.

I hope Deonte Burton and Tyler Herro do well in life.

Yea, I wish both were Warriors for their entire career. But I feel that way about anyone who is really good.

Beyond that, if you don't like the J-S, find another outlet!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2019, 01:47:31 AM »
It’s peak scoop.  A troll talking to itself, Herm asking the troll questions and other assorted nonsense

Wojo,

McCheesy is Mr. Herro.

You should read Scoop more often.

Signed,
Rocky

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2019, 08:41:19 AM »
Where did I say it was the only reason or the reason?  He went to MU because his mom was sick.  True, factual.  Nice try on spinning out of this one.  No dice.

Not "the" reason, "a" reason or "one of the reasons". They don't mean the same thing.

If I said a reason or one of the reasons that Chico is successful is luck I would be correct. Even you would grudgingly agree. So, true, factual

If I said the reason that Chicos is successful is luck it would create a false impression - one that is not true.

Obvious distinction. "The reason" implies the only reason. "A reason" acknowledges multiple reasons. This was covered in grammar school - perhaps you were daydreaming.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2019, 10:01:43 AM »
Q: Why did you go to Colorado?

A: I wanted to visit my mom.

Q: Didn't you also get airline miles?

A:  Yes

Q: Doesn't your sister live in Colorado and you got to see her?

A: Yes

Q: Did you get any work done while there that was beneficial?

Q:  So there were other reasons to go to Colorado?

A:  Sure, there are always lots of reasons to do anything.

Q: So, again, why did you go to Colorado?

A:  I wanted to see my mom.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2019, 10:08:27 AM »
I’m confused about why some are so certain there was something more nefarious about Deonte transferring.

It fits a narrative.

Are we that hard up to paint Wojo in a negative light we want to dredge up the death of his mother and convince others there was something else despite his own words?

Yes. If Ners were still here he'd be piling on too.

The kids mother dies and he’s in a world of hurt and transfers.  Five years later, it’s still a referendum on Wojo.  No one knows anything other than what Deonte said.  Amazing

But why would we take his word for it when we can use it to attack Wojo? What does Deonte know, anyway?

As 4ever would say, fookin' disgusting.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2019, 10:10:15 AM »
Another one...good for him for being such a great son to want to play close to home and be with his "first love" as he called her.  Great act by her son.  Why would anyone question that.

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/iowa-state-cyclones-jameel-mckay-deonte-burton-have-marquette-connection-b99693764z1-373517011.html/

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2019, 02:06:31 PM »
Q: Why did you go to Colorado?

A: I wanted to visit my mom.

Q: Didn't you also get airline miles?

Q: Doesn't your sister live in Colorado and you got to see her?

A: Yes

Q: Did you get any work done while there that was beneficial?

Q:  So there were other reasons to go to Colorado?

A:  Sure, there are always lots of reasons to do anything.

Q: So, again, why did you go to Colorado?

A:  I wanted to see my mom.

Dumbest post ever.

Here's the same conversation with a person of normal IQ and understanding of English answering the inquisitor..

Q:Why did you go to Colorado?

A:Part business, part pleasure. I had work to do there, but primarily I wanted to see my Mom. As a bonus I also got to see my sister, who lives near Mom.

Q: What about miles?

A: Huh? What a dumb question. Of course I got miles - I generally do when I fly. But it wasn't a reason to take the trip. That would be stupid.

Q: You're right. My apologies. So you went mainly to see Mom, but also for business and to see your sister?

A:Yep

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2019, 02:37:10 PM »
I’m confused about why some are so certain there was something more nefarious about Deonte transferring.  Are we that hard up to paint Wojo in a negative light we want to dredge up the death of his mother and convince others there was something else despite his own words?  The kids mother dies and he’s in a world of hurt and transfers.  Five years later, it’s still a referendum on Wojo.  No one knows anything other than what Deonte said.  Amazing

Yup, but that's the deal I guess.  Deonte wrote publicly his battle with depression after his mom's death. One of his brother's commented on how he had to get out of Milwaukee and Wisconsin.  His final two were MU and Iowa State, he ultimately chose MU to be closer to his mom while she was ill.  Sure, all kinds of secondary reasons go into any decision in life if we want to play that game, but when asked that was his answer....multiple times.   When again asked why he left, it was to get his mind better and get away from what was causing his depression.

God bless this young man, but it should not surprise you the piling on of the coach. 

When Burton went public.  Depression is a bitch, and absolute bitch for anyone that has had to live through it, or close to family / friends that do.  Terrible. Glad he is on the right path.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-iowa-state-forward-deonte-034250933.html

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2019, 02:45:58 PM »
Not "the" reason, "a" reason or "one of the reasons". They don't mean the same thing.

If I said a reason or one of the reasons that Chico is successful is luck I would be correct. Even you would grudgingly agree. So, true, factual

If I said the reason that Chicos is successful is luck it would create a false impression - one that is not true.

Obvious distinction. "The reason" implies the only reason. "A reason" acknowledges multiple reasons. This was covered in grammar school - perhaps you were daydreaming.

I agree with you. He 100% wanted to transfer. Some percentage of that, likely the majority, was wanting to get away due to his mom's death. The other percentages are anyone's guess.

However, where do you fall on the "Wojo threw deonte under the bus" topic?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2019, 02:51:01 PM »
I agree with you. He 100% wanted to transfer. Some percentage of that, likely the majority, was wanting to get away due to his mom's death. The other percentages are anyone's guess.

However, where do you fall on the "Wojo threw deonte under the bus" topic?

I don't know, but my guess is that it was more mutual skepticism than anything as nefarious as that.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2019, 03:12:57 PM »
I don't know, but my guess is that it was more mutual skepticism than anything as nefarious as that.

I think that’s fair and don’t blame a kid being unsure of a new coach, especially after the coach who recruited him so hard bolts after a year.  That’s some tough stuff to deal with at a young age like Deonte
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2019, 03:21:40 PM »
Buncha people who don't and never did know Deonte debating what was going on in his mind 5 years ago.
Scoop at it's dumbest.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2019, 03:23:11 PM »
Buncha people who don't and never did know Deonte debating what was going on in his mind 5 years ago.
Scoop at it's dumbest.

Scoopers gonna be Scoopers!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »
Buncha people who don't and never did know Deonte debating what was going on in his mind 5 years ago. In a thread titled 'Herro.'
Scoop at it's dumbest.
FIFY

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2019, 06:48:09 PM »
I rarely vent frustration re: anything Wojo has done, but Deonte is an exception. In his 8 games that sophomore year, he had one with more than 20 minutes. For a weak team.

It was frustrating for me, as someone who had touted Deonte as a likely future NBA player for years. If he had been playing 'normal' minutes relative to what I think he should have been at, would that have changed his decision? Don't know. But, I can't get to a place where I think his role on the team didn't factor into the equation whatsoever.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2019, 10:09:10 PM »
I rarely vent frustration re: anything Wojo has done, but Deonte is an exception. In his 8 games that sophomore year, he had one with more than 20 minutes. For a weak team.

It was frustrating for me, as someone who had touted Deonte as a likely future NBA player for years. If he had been playing 'normal' minutes relative to what I think he should have been at, would that have changed his decision? Don't know. But, I can't get to a place where I think his role on the team didn't factor into the equation whatsoever.

He was checked out and said as much.  He wanted no part of basketball, clinically depressed.  Contemplated quitting altogether. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback