[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Koby McEwen  (Read 7437 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Koby McEwen
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:47:01 PM »
Happen to be at the Al today and saw some of the players. I realized that Jamal is as skinny as ever, he is what he will always be skinny.  I was impressed how Elliott has gotten bigger particularly in the shoulders, wide. And finally McEven is physically big, NBA body.  I could see him playing the 4.  Deflintely seeing Elliott, McEven with Marcus and Anim on the floor, more than you think. Really going to be more athletic than years past.

JWags85

• All American
Re: Koby McEwen
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »
Happen to be at the Al today and saw some of the players. I realized that Jamal is as skinny as ever, he is what he will always be skinny.  I was impressed how Elliott has gotten bigger particularly in the shoulders, wide. And finally McEven is physically big, NBA body.  I could see him playing the 4.  Deflintely seeing Elliott, McEven with Marcus and Anim on the floor, more than you think. Really going to be more athletic than years past.

Glad to hear McEwen has an NBA ready built, but if we're playing him at 6-4 200 at the 4, we have some issues.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 11:01:15 PM »
The other team might have the issue how to guard MU.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 04:40:04 AM »
Cautiously optimistic that Koby's addition offsets a decent chunk of the Hauser departure. Not like-for-like, but in a swap of physicality, defense, slashing and playing above the rim for the pure shooting of the Hauser bros.

Just think if we have a legit combo-guard that can drive and finish (and also kick out to Markus). Like a better Sacar.

Real Warriors Demand Excellence

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 06:02:48 AM »
Happen to be at the Al today and saw some of the players. I realized that Jamal is as skinny as ever, he is what he will always be skinny.  I was impressed how Elliott has gotten bigger particularly in the shoulders, wide. And finally McEven is physically big, NBA body.
Did anybody notice you sweating and panting behind the potted plants?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 06:10:39 AM »
Koby is more of a combo scoring guard than point guard. But Marquette needs a player(s) that can handle the ball, creating for others, as well as himself. I am hoping he can be that this upcoming year.

tower912

• All American
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:58:59 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »
Did anybody notice you sweating and panting behind the potted plants?

Not funny

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 08:26:17 AM »
Not funny

PRN’s Markus is a cancer comments were hilarious....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 09:35:02 AM »

There you go...again. Proving PRN's point...again. A freakin' broken record.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 09:52:32 AM »

Maybe just let it go. You're not exactly the moral authority when it comes to disparaging remarks made toward Marquette basketball players (something about dogs with bladder problems, as I recall).

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 06:51:34 AM »
They weren’t meant to be funny...only factual...but I’m glad you appreciated them!

As chairman of the rush committee, I deem your previous handles of Chico’s, Hoopaloop, Cheeks, etc. are no longer sufficient. You are now ScoopCancer. A more apt moniker I cannot recall!

Welcome ScoopCancer!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 12:23:59 PM »
As chairman of the rush committee

Is that like glee club?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 05:40:22 PM »

They weren’t meant to be funny...only factual...but I’m glad you appreciated them!

If you really believe it’s a fact that Markus is a ‘cancer’, you’re using alternative facts.

Back to BC’s comments on Koby...it’s encouraging to hear his take that Koby has an NBA-type build. I sure hope the rumors that he was the third best player in practice last season were accurate.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2019, 10:20:46 AM »
If you really believe it’s a fact that Markus is a ‘cancer’, you’re using alternative facts.

Back to BC’s comments on Koby...it’s encouraging to hear his take that Koby has an NBA-type build. I sure hope the rumors that he was the third best player in practice last season were accurate.
I believe it’s a fact that two starters left our program because of Howard’s presence.

I believe commenting on the physiques of college students as they’re walking around their practice facility is creepy. I’m quite certain that the players would agree with this assessment.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2019, 11:41:07 AM »
I believe it’s a fact that two starters left our program because of Howard’s presence.

I believe commenting on the physiques of college students as they’re walking around their practice facility is creepy. I’m quite certain that the players would agree with this assessment.
Maybe the cancers left.   I don't believe any of them were cancers.   I believe there is only one basketball.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 11:48:42 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »

As chairman of the rush committee, I deem your previous handles of Chico’s, Hoopaloop, Cheeks, etc. are no longer sufficient. You are now ScoopCancer. A more apt moniker I cannot recall!

Welcome ScoopCancer!

You need serious help.  Markus is not a cancer in any way shape or form.  Great rep for the university. 

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 04:56:24 PM »

Cancer is not a word to be thrown around like you're doing. If other players are jealous, not his fault.
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 05:18:46 PM »

That doesn't make him a cancer - it just makes him option 1, and them two guys who didn't like being options 2 and 3.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 05:48:16 PM »

According to many reports, several other players were ready to leave ... until Joey and Sam left.

I guess that makes Joey and Sam cancers, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2019, 06:56:00 PM »

That doesn't make him a cancer - it just makes him option 1, and them two guys who didn't like being options 2 and 3.

yeah but, i don't believe they've moved up the "options" list by going to their respective schools
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback